iphone8 vs Note 8 Change of mind!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reshreat

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Now that iphone8 has been released, how many of you are going to cancel your order and buy the iphone8? Also share the things you like more about iphone8 than note 8 and vice versa.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I like the iWatch Series 3 with cellular. I like the idea that it's using your one cell phone number on your iPhone and can go out without the phone and still take calls. That would be convenient for me as a runner and be able to just take the watch with me instead of lugging a phone and not needing a separate cell number. Hope they can do that with Android phones.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I'll stick with my note8 thanks lol. Nothing can get me to go to iPhone. Unless they turned android and that ain't happening.

reshreat

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I bet their emoji feature is going to go viral.
I like the cameras too.
I think if you take the stylus out of note 8, iphone 8 beats it at every benchmark.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The best thing about the iPhone X is the Animoji feature and portrait mode with the front camera (I wish Samsung adds this later)...Note 8 beats it overall imo

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll stick with my note8 thanks lol. Nothing can get me to go to iPhone. Unless they turned android and that ain't happening.

truth. actually my problem is the walled garden. no customization, etc. until the walls come down they could be giving them away free and I don't want one. maybe when I'm 90 and finally (?) too old to root and tinker. ;)

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I wasn't blown away. I thought at least the iPhone X would get me going. Face ID is awesome. Everything else was kinda been there, done that.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I like they're "edge to edge" screen. I mean the least they could do is what samsung did and not make look as nasty as they did. looks like the screen has two horns.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How's the camera going to compare (now they have ois on both lenses) and battery life on the x. Loved the special effects on their portrait mode. Plus animations.. And not to mention the speakers. Didn't like the concept of swiping up to replace home button that is a class action case about to happen re thumbs arthritis etc also bug discremency 64 or 246 memory . I liked the facial recognition though. Looking forward to seeing the video comparisons

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
truth. actually my problem is the walled garden. no customization, etc. until the walls come down they could be giving them away free and I don't want one. maybe when I'm 90 and finally (?) too old to root and tinker. ;)

Lol ikr. I love being able to make my phone like I want it. I hate feeling restricted.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Very fast, capable phones for Apple fans. For the rest of us, not much I feel like I'd be missing going with the Note, Pixel or V30.

Another year, another Android for me! 😁

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
come back once benchmarks post and we'll talk. it's all speculation at this point.

Not really... the iPhone 7 already beats it out in most benchmarks lol. So even if you cut their claims in half, it's still going to beat out everything. I've come to accept that with Apple, it may be a bit snappier but the experience is still too simple and boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.