Can't remove home screen apps or widgets

jbed1203

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
So far the Note 8 has been an impressive device... with one caveat. Over the past couple of days I've noticed I can no longer delete apps or widgets from the home screen(s). Tried the long press, drag top top or bottom, flick to the top and nothing.

Is anyone else experiencing this or knows the fix?

Thanks!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So far the Note 8 has been an impressive device... with one caveat. Over the past couple of days I've noticed I can no longer delete apps or widgets from the home screen(s). Tried the long press, drag top top or bottom, flick to the top and nothing.

Is anyone else experiencing this or knows the fix?

Thanks!
are you using custom launcher or TW? did you freeze your screens so that couldn't be changed and forgot?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
is this new with the N7 or N8? I can't remember if I ever turned it off, but it's something I might do easily, and I've never had that issue.
I've started to see this issue reported only quite recently. I think Samsung included some new animations in basic launcher things that got affected and IIRC the S8(+) had the same problem.

Months ago this same problem affected some phones when trying to enable the System UI Tuner (not included in Samsung phones).

adman2345

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. The workaround of moving unwanted apps to their own home screen and the deletin The whole screen was getting old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12