I have an issue with getting Google contacts to sync. Mail see.s to be syncing. I did smart switch but all 3 accounts set up but it won't sync contacts. Any ideas how to fix.
    boudicca00 likes this.
    09-12-2017 08:40 PM
    Try removing the account and re-adding it. Or ticking off Contacts, reboot, and re-enable Contact sync. Do you get an error message from it? Sometimes contacts with special characters on the name might 'break' sync (although I thought this had been patched up a while ago).
    r011in likes this.
    09-12-2017 09:36 PM
    Check these settings. On my phone contacts were defaulted to sync with Samsung account and not Google. Changed it to Google and contacts sync fine now.

Contacts > tap 3 dots in upper right corner, select Manage contacts > Default storage location > select Google.
    boudicca00 and r011in like this.
    09-12-2017 11:16 PM
    Try removing the account. Go into apps and clear all data for the contacts app. Then readd the Google account.
    r011in likes this.
    09-12-2017 11:28 PM
    did you get anywhere with this?
    I had a samsung Alpha phone, and now have a new Samsung S8
    on my old phone all of my contacts are 100% on my google account, not samsung. i have reviewed numerous times and have my phone now set to only showing google contacts, they are all there
    ive added google account to my new s8 and anything added within the last year isnt there, all of my work contacts mainly.
    also checked on my laptop, logged into gmail then went ot contacts and none of them are there.

i thought the whole point of the new samsungs was that they synced easily? i'm really frustrtaed with it

Also not syncing my google photos at all, despite numerous attempts as above.

Please help
    10-19-2017 03:51 AM
    did you get anywhere with this?
    I had a samsung Alpha phone, and now have a new Samsung S8
    on my old phone all of my contacts are 100% on my google account, not samsung. i have reviewed numerous times and have my phone now set to only showing google contacts, they are all there
    ive added google account to my new s8 and anything added within the last year isnt there, all of my work contacts mainly.
    also checked on my laptop, logged into gmail then went ot contacts and none of them are there.

i thought the whole point of the new samsungs was that they synced easily? i'm really frustrtaed with it

Also not syncing my google photos at all, despite numerous attempts as above.

Please help
    10-19-2017 03:51 AM
    I had this problem with Google Contacts. everything else was fine, just that. Turns out it was due to Power Saving Mode being on.
    10-19-2017 04:28 AM