Hi, verizon note 8 in black here. Is anyone having any issues with intermittent skips in audio when playing music to a bluetooth speaker or headphones?

My gear S2 seems to be connected fine and for the most part, the music is pretty good but I'll occasional get a few skips here and there. This is both on my bluetooth headphones as well as my bluetooth speaker. My bluetooth speaker connection was initially really poor, skipping every few seconds when I first tried it in the OR when my S7E was rock stable with no skips in the same room before. I ended up force closing the bluetooth app and deleting and re-adding my speaker and it is better but still skips occasionally.

My phone did come in a plastic best buy bag with no padding with the bottom of the phone box slightly crumpled. The phone itself appeared fine with no damage externally, but not sure if maybe sometime inside got damaged or out of alignment, so trying to see if this is just an issue with my note 8 or if other people have noticed it too.
    09-12-2017 09:49 PM
    I am on an AT&T Note 8. Related issue we could say. My car BT connection for audio was totally reliable for my S7E, now drops every 20 minutes or so on my Note 8. Also, I lost audio on a hands free phone call, and my Gear Fit 2 is randomly disconnecting about once a day which was never an issue before. Of course I reset my phone and no change. Wonder if this is just going to require a software update. I hope so. I figure with it being what, a week old, some tweaks. But well, of course I do want to see it resolved.
    09-12-2017 10:53 PM
    I am on an AT&T Note 8. Related issue we could say. My car BT connection for audio was totally reliable for my S7E, now drops every 20 minutes or so on my Note 8. Also, I lost audio on a hands free phone call, and my Gear Fit 2 is randomly disconnecting about once a day which was never an issue before. Of course I reset my phone and no change. Wonder if this is just going to require a software update. I hope so. I figure with it being what, a week old, some tweaks. But well, of course I do want to see it resolved.
    Thanks. That makes me feel slightly better about my phone. Wasn't there Bluetooth issues with the S8? Did those ever get to fixed with updates?
    09-13-2017 07:30 AM
    Hi, verizon note 8 in black here. Is anyone having any issues with intermittent skips in audio when playing music to a bluetooth speaker or headphones?

My gear S2 seems to be connected fine and for the most part, the music is pretty good but I'll occasional get a few skips here and there. This is both on my bluetooth headphones as well as my bluetooth speaker. My bluetooth speaker connection was initially really poor, skipping every few seconds when I first tried it in the OR when my S7E was rock stable with no skips in the same room before. I ended up force closing the bluetooth app and deleting and re-adding my speaker and it is better but still skips occasionally.

My phone did come in a plastic best buy bag with no padding with the bottom of the phone box slightly crumpled. The phone itself appeared fine with no damage externally, but not sure if maybe sometime inside got damaged or out of alignment, so trying to see if this is just an issue with my note 8 or if other people have noticed it too.
    I have a VZW Note8 and I am experiencing something similar. In my car it's rock solid. But when I connect to my Monster Rocking Roller over Bluetooth it is a crackly interrupted mess. Had a S7 edge that had no problem with the speaker, so I know it's not the speaker itself.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with older BT devices vs newer ones? I have no clue.
    09-13-2017 08:59 AM
    I need to test, but I remember there being an issue from the N4 or N3, and I figure it's still there, where if you had your phone on your charger, every time it was placed there or topped off, there would be an audio skip. I quit using my phone on my charger for music because of it.
    09-13-2017 10:20 AM
    I have a VZW Note8 and I am experiencing something similar. In my car it's rock solid. But when I connect to my Monster Rocking Roller over Bluetooth it is a crackly interrupted mess. Had a S7 edge that had no problem with the speaker, so I know it's not the speaker itself.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with older BT devices vs newer ones? I have no clue.
    Yeah, I am wondering that too. This speaker is a few years old and it was full of crackles today when I tried to use it again. When I streamed music over bluetooth to my amazon echo, I had no issue. Is it the new bluetooth 5 capable chip that is the issue?
    09-13-2017 12:51 PM
    I need to test, but I remember there being an issue from the N4 or N3, and I figure it's still there, where if you had your phone on your charger, every time it was placed there or topped off, there would be an audio skip. I quit using my phone on my charger for music because of it.
    Actually the N8 is the first Note NOT to do that (at least for me). Keeps on playing without skips but does emit a faint audible indicating that charging has been initiated.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-13-2017 01:14 PM
    Actually the N8 is the first Note NOT to do that (at least for me). Keeps on playing without skips but does emit a faint audible indicating that charging has been initiated.
    great. haven't tested yet, but that would be wonderful. if it works properly for me I'll try to remember to post back here. and I have audio turned off for nots so it should be a nice quiet music ride
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    09-13-2017 01:21 PM
    Yeah, I am wondering that too. This speaker is a few years old and it was full of crackles today when I tried to use it again. When I streamed music over bluetooth to my amazon echo, I had no issue. Is it the new bluetooth 5 capable chip that is the issue?
    I just tried again on the Monster and it's even worse. Almost no sound at all.

I tried with a newer little Bluetooth speaker I have (can't even remember where I got it). Works perfect.

So older devices may or may not work. Bummer. Luckily the Monster has an Aux jack so I'm cool with it.

On Samsung's site it lists the bluetooth specs but just simply says Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps).

I'm thinking maybe devices before BT 4.0? I don't know just a guess.
    09-13-2017 03:38 PM
    I tested mine with bluetooth headphones and no issues whatsoever while charging. so nice! I can only assume it will be the same with my speaker.
    09-13-2017 06:23 PM
    No issues when connected to any of my devices.
    09-13-2017 06:27 PM
    No issues when connected to any of my devices.
    Are all of your devices relatively recent? My oontz angle plus that I'm having issues is from 2014.
    09-13-2017 06:48 PM
    Are all of your devices relatively recent? My oontz angle plus that I'm having issues is from 2014.
    I tried it by speaker while charging and with bluetooth (maybe 2015) so new and somewhat new. I haven't yet tried streaming to my older bt speaker because it's connected to another device so pita. once I get things squared away on my device I'll give it a try.
    09-13-2017 08:02 PM
    So this little Bluetooth speaker I have ... it connects and plays fine. Then alk of a sudden it disconnects. Was not doze as I kept the phone awake as I did other things. Not sure what is up. This may be a deal breaker.
    09-13-2017 09:48 PM
    Update. Mine might also be the app I am streaming. I am on it using data alone and same cutting off problem. But the app streaning was fine on my S7E. So something is still amiss, and the phone call dropped too still. Hopefully my issue is not a full BT issue like I thought.
    09-13-2017 11:46 PM
    I'm having no issues either. I dream a ton in my car and with my air pods. All is well.
    09-13-2017 11:55 PM
    Update. Mine might also be the app I am streaming. I am on it using data alone and same cutting off problem. But the app streaning was fine on my S7E. So something is still amiss, and the phone call dropped too still. Hopefully my issue is not a full BT issue like I thought.
    It's odd as it also depends on the location. When I am in my office, it seems to play ok with some intermittent skips but when I in the operating room, it skips much more frequently or is sometimes just garbled static. Is the bluetooth v5 chip using less power so it has a harder time overcoming interference?
    09-14-2017 12:22 PM
    I listened to my regular play list on Google Play and it does fine-I am not sure how that is playing the music since my understanding is the music is stored on a cloud server technically and not really one's device. So it ran fine.
    Now-the app I stream from is my Sirius XM app. I just contacted them and apprised them and was sent a new signal - they did detect trouble on my account so I am hoping that is what my problem was. I am going to log back in to my app in another half hour or so to test it out. I basically then need to leave it on and see if the music plays at least an hour-then I know it's fixed.
    My next thing I need to do is figure out why my phone call did not work- and also my Gear Fit 2 disconnected AGAIN today-so something is still going on there intermittently. It stayed connected fine yesterday but not today.
    09-14-2017 06:36 PM
    I had an issue with my Power Beats BT Wireless headset shipping and dropping out and I never had that before the Note 8
    09-15-2017 09:47 PM
    I can confirm that it's not just my phone that has issues with the Oontz Angle Plus. My wife just got her Orchid Grey Note 8 and same issue. However, both of us have rock stable connections to our Soundfreaq sound kick. What bluetooth versions are the devices that you have had issues with skipping?
    09-17-2017 09:35 PM
    Thanks. That makes me feel slightly better about my phone. Wasn't there Bluetooth issues with the S8? Did those ever get to fixed with updates?
    This was a huge issue with the S8 models. Samsung never fixed it. BT is completely useless for many. I suspect this problem continues with the Note 8. This is exactly why I ditched the S8+, once again swore off Samsung but held firm this time.
    09-29-2017 08:08 AM
    I have only connected to UConnect for audio, and I experienced it to the point where now I just use the aux cable. My fitbit is connected all day with no issues. I'm going to try a pair of bluetooth ear buds tonight.
    09-29-2017 08:33 AM
    Mine drops out every now and then not a big deal its not that often to annoy me. No electronics are perfect no a days.
    09-29-2017 08:33 AM