So I was in Best Buy comparing the audio of a Note 8 with the audio of a S8+... When I opened up the Music app of the S8+ I noticed that I could go into the advanced audio settings and adjust the equalizer for sound effects that work on the built in speaker (not just headphones) and it worked great.. When I opened up the audio app of the Note 8 and went into the equalizer settings they were greyed out.. The rep was clueless.. Can someone check their Note 8 and let me know if the equalizer settings as well as the separate bass and treble knobs are greyed out or not during music playback from within the Note 8's built in music app. Tnx.
    09-12-2017 09:34 PM
    Not greyed out here:
    Attached Thumbnails Note 8 Audio Advanced Equalizer Settings...-screenshot_20170912-212053.jpg   Note 8 Audio Advanced Equalizer Settings...-screenshot_20170912-212134.jpg  
    09-12-2017 10:24 PM
    Ok, great...... So you have a Note 8, and not an S8+ right? I found it odd how the only TWO Note 8's on display at Best Buy both had their EQ greyed out during music playback...... S8, S8+ were just like your posted photo... Perhaps the way the rep setup the Note 8's? Thank you for going the extra mile and posting a photo.

If I may also ask........ I also noticed on the S8+ when it played music all four of the thin edges of the phone lit up with flashing Ambient lighting (purple in this case).. That was really cool.. The Note 8 was similar but lit up in Green but not flash in the same way way as S8+.. I'm sure these phones have been played with by dozens of people... And the settings are different.. But the purple Ambient lighting looked coool.. Does the Note 8 have color options for that somewhere? Or does the color vary from Albulm cover color art or something like that?
    09-13-2017 05:49 AM
    Ok, great...... So you have a Note 8, and not an S8+ right? I found it odd how the only TWO Note 8's on display at Best Buy both had their EQ greyed out during music playback...... S8, S8+ were just like your posted photo... Perhaps the way the rep setup the Note 8's? Thank you for going the extra mile and posting a photo.
    The display phones always have all kinds of software settings limiting functionality - think they come this way from Sammie
    09-13-2017 05:53 AM
    I'm going back to Best Buy to find out about the player settings on the S8+ that was on display.. All the Albulm covers were in color with lots of music choices and when the song played it displayed Albulm art and info as all four edges danced purple.. It caught everyone's attention that walked by.. I want to make sure the Note 8 can do the same.
    09-13-2017 06:31 AM

If I may also ask........ I also noticed on the S8+ when it played music all four of the thin edges of the phone lit up with flashing Ambient lighting (purple in this case).. That was really cool.. The Note 8 was similar but lit up in Green but not flash in the same way way as S8+.. I'm sure these phones have been played with by dozens of people... And the settings are different.. But the purple Ambient lighting looked coool.. Does the Note 8 have color options for that somewhere? Or does the color vary from Albulm cover color art or something like that?
    I should've mentioned that the images are from a Note 8. The lighting definitely looks to be determined by the album art coloring. I got purple when there was no album art, just the Samsung music symbol that has some purple in it. I was unable to find a way to change these colors. I hope that helps.
    09-13-2017 09:27 AM
    I should've mentioned that the images are from a Note 8. The lighting definitely looks to be determined by the album art coloring. I got purple when there was no album art, just the Samsung music symbol that has some purple in it. I was unable to find a way to change these colors. I hope that helps.
    Yes, greatly.. Thank you.
    09-13-2017 01:31 PM
    I'd assume it was greyed out since it's a display device and set to be in "demo mode"
    09-13-2017 09:29 PM
    If anyoneone is interested to know.. Here's the music Albums that the S8+ Demo had loaded into its player.. Would anyone happen to know how I can download these music albums along with the cover art into the built in player of the Note 8?

Note 8 Audio Advanced Equalizer Settings...-20170913_161059.jpg

Note 8 Audio Advanced Equalizer Settings...-20170913_162516.jpg

Note 8 Audio Advanced Equalizer Settings...-20170913_161043.jpg
    09-13-2017 11:48 PM