Have you now sworn off pre-orders?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I will continue to pre order, the freebies themselves make it worth it. I ordered through Sprint and got it early. Some of the freebies included a 32" LED Samsung TV, Gear VR, 256 SD card, and with this one I chose the SD card and wireless charger. Well worth it to me. That's a total of $950 in freebies in the past 2 years. Win/win!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'll probably preorder again all depending on the phones out etc. I love my Note 8 and my preorder experience was only slightly hectic. I got mine last Thursday so I'm thrilled.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
My pre-order via AT&T was flawless.

Preordered from ATT on the night of the 23rd, contacted ATT twice over the next few days and they stated the order was OK. Then after many others started shipping I contacted them again and they said I needed to cancel and reorder. I reordered on the 8th and it shipped that same day. Got it on the 11th. Even though I had a problem I will preorder again in the future.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I see no reason not to preorder again. It took all of 5 minutes to do on the Verizon site the day after it was announced. I had the note 8 in my hands a full 10 days before the release date, and yesterday I received my 360 camera.

It was a great experience, so much so that I almost feel bad for those who didn't preorder!

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered on August 24th. At the time I placed the order the shipping date was scheduled for September 5th Both of them arrived on the 6th. The best part of it all though is the rarely mentioned BOGO promo AT&T had for the Note8, good for new Directv customers or current ones. Pre-ordering is great.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I intended to swear off pre-ordering after the two Note 7 fiascos, and because I thought if I'd waited (but phoneless) someone would have warned me off the Pixel, but no, I seem to be a minority in hating that phone so wouldn't have helped to wait for reviews. But I knew I wanted the Note 8, the wireless charger as a freebie sounded good, and doing it all on line as opposed to dealing with Verizon stores, where I've had soso luck and service, was too much. And look, I preordered on the 24th soon as it went live, and got it on the 5th. So yeah, preordering is ok.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Seems like the freebies may have softened the blow for some of you. Nice!

I like going in store. Although I could activate it myself, it's nice being there if something goes wrong. If a return is necessary, I just go in store to handle it. I'm not missing out on any goodies. If by some chance they max out, I'll get a gift certificate for the value. Win win imo. I don't like leaving when I'm going to get my Note to chance.

Now for you bosses who got it a full 10 days early AND your freebies... You come out smelling like a rose!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Na. If I want a phone -- I will pre-order it. Such as the Pixel XL 2 .. I guarantee as soon as Google says "pre-order this day" (or Verizon if they do it again) -- I will be online doing it.

Yes sometimes some get it faster, some don't, and all that other fun stuff. I don't care though. You pre-order to guarantee you are going to get it on a specific date. If you get it earlier? Count yourself lucky.

I would rather guarantee getting it on the release day (or earlier) then taking the chance of going to the store and them being out of stock.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I will most likely do a pre-order again, but not directly from Samsung unless there is huge savings involved like this time around. I pre-ordered on August 26th and my phone still has not shipped.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I would rather guarantee getting it on the release day (or earlier) then taking the chance of going to the store and them being out of stock.

I have a guy who hasn't let me down yet. But aren't some preorders already on backorder? Maybe the unlocked Orchid Grey? I think I read that somewhere on here.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a guy who hasn't let me down yet. But aren't some preorders already on backorder? Maybe the unlocked Orchid Grey? I think I read that somewhere on here.

That can happen. Chances are those people didn't order the minute it went live -- They waited. If you wait a few days to pre order then you chance that happening.

You have a rep so I get why you like going in -- I don't. I don't trust the Verizon reps (or well any carrier reps) except one Verizon rep that is best friends with my buddy at work. That is the only reason I truly trust him. If I have to get a phone or a tablet like I did for my nephew (the new iPad) I went to him so he could get the commission. I don't do that for my phones since I usually willl wake up and pre-order so I can have it on release day.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I usually don't like to preorder but I was given the chance to buy at a discount so take it before it's taken away lol.

But in this case I think we ended up really lucky in that they state official release date was 9/15, given a ship date around 9/12, strong demand I guess but not enough to cause supply constraints so they actually shipped and by doorstep for 10 days earlier I guess with Samsungs blessing.

I wouldn't expect all pre-orders to go the same.

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I am not sure yet I did the pre-order thru Best Buy for pick up on 9/15. I wanted the extra $150 off and I am patient enough to wait until 9/15.

diamrem

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Well mine finally got picked up! Getting mine tomorrow!!
afa83c322c550a504de9fd12cfd222e0.jpg

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
This pre-order process through Best Buy was the best I ever experienced. the only bad thing was an extra day wait due to the Note8 being sent though Houston.

I orderd the Note8 through Best Buy Online. Got a tracking number when it shipped. Came in 7 days, which was 7 days before the official launch date.

Perfect! Thank you Best Buy!

Uncle Eliot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm quite certain I would not pre-order from BB. Honestly, I have very little confidence I will even be able to pick up my phone on the 15th. Whatever trust I had in BB has been lost. The lack of trust is not because I was not able to pick up my phone before the 15th. The confused and conflicting answers from reps and customer service agents was way past my level of tolerance. If BB continues doing business the way it handled this it will soon be a shuttered business.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I only did the pre-order through Samsung for the $425 deal. I didn't have a fancy (barely) new phone to sell on eBay like I usually do, since I stayed with the Note 4 and never got the Note 5, before jumping to Note 7. However, next year for the Note 9, I'll go back to preordering with Verizon and sell this beautiful phone to subsidize the cost.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes I would preorder again even if I have wait 1 or 2 days extra ordering from the UK to get a decent price, mobile phone / service providers here in Ireland are so effing useless on so many levels that it is less hassle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20