09-23-2017 02:17 PM
155 12345 ...
tools
    I'll pre-order every time.
    09-13-2017 07:16 PM
    Lol on the Doritos. I preordered mine and picked up at my local ups point the night I returned from vacation . So enjoyed setting it up on my time and opening it as I chose, no one else meddling.
    Ohhhhh and I forgot as she was chomping and sucking her fingers there was a robbery at the best buy... Someone came in and stole an iPhone from the display... I didn't leave til 10:30 after being there for 3 1/2 hrs.... Yeah no fun lol.
    09-13-2017 07:51 PM
    No issues here. I'd preorder from AT&T again.
    09-13-2017 07:53 PM
    I always pre-order from Tmobile on the original Jump plan. I have no complaints.
    09-13-2017 07:54 PM
    pre-ordered direct from samsung 25th August and no complaints as I received in in short order.
    09-13-2017 08:19 PM
    I hate you all.....Note 8's not available here in AU until 22nd September 😡
    ol_jackburton likes this.
    09-13-2017 08:26 PM
    Official release day is Friday 9-15-2017. Yet a good bit of you still have no device even though you pre-ordered early on. I've never pre-ordered. Looking forward to Friday.

Some of you have your devices but there was stress and mayhem. Your phones saw pretty much all of the U.S. You didn't receive current tracking.

Considering this experience, will you ever pre order again, whether direct, through a carrier, or BB?
    Pre-order
    Have always preordered
    Will continue.
    As much as I loooooooooooooooooved my N7, honestly Samsung has raised the bar yet again. This is the absolute best phone I have ever owned. And I use to say that about my Note Edge.

You WILL. LOVE. THIS. PHONE.
    Katrina White1, jimd1050 and Amele like this.
    09-13-2017 08:38 PM
    Preordered straight from Samsung.com on 8/24 as a Note 7 owner. Phone shipped on 9/6. I received it on 9/7, 8 days before release day. Additionally, I received a 256gb card instead of 128gb. I've already sent in an IPhone 5 for trade and it appears to have gotten accepted for $425 value. I can't complain. I think this is the way it went for most. Sure, some here have experienced bumps in the road, but many are being overly dramatic. Like, how can you complain about not getting a phone early when that was never the promise? Also some people were late to the preorder party, yet think they should've got their phones early like us who ordered on 8/24 and 8/25. That's not a realistic expectation, given how well the preorders are going. And some are even complaining when they know the reason for their delay was a freaking hurricane! On forums everything is magnified, but I'm positive most customers have had a pleasant experience.
    09-13-2017 09:04 PM
    Never ever had a pre order issue, sure I have had instances where my pre order arrived day or two late than others but always have got on or before the street date which is what I care. So always will pre order for any phone.
    09-13-2017 09:15 PM
    I'll pre-order again, not sure if from BB again or directly from Samsung, but both seemed to have their issues shipping the devices while others were, and I go for unlocked only so my choices are limited. The only issue I really had was my friend with VZW pre-order receiving it several days before me and then my Nexus 6P boot looping two days before I got the Note 8. At least I have a shiney brand new Pixel XL to sell!
    09-13-2017 09:20 PM
    I pre-order anything I'm buying that has the option. This was a great pre-order for me got it from Verizon 10 days ahead of release.
    09-13-2017 09:25 PM
    I pre-ordered my note 7 through best buy and my Note 8 through Samsung (there was no offer from AT&T at the time I ordered). Both times went smoothly. Although I like the satisfaction of going in a store and walking out with a phone. I like the convenience of having it shipped to me and getting to set everything up. Plus not having someone touch my phone while eating doritos is nice.
    Girl I wish a rep would come at me eating some Doritos! LOL! That transaction would go left real quick

*SECURITY*
    jimd1050, Shelacios and ClintRo like this.
    09-13-2017 11:09 PM
    Girl I wish a rep would come at me eating some Doritos! LOL! That transaction would go left real quick

*SECURITY*
    Lmaoooo....i kept staring as she reached in the bag like.... Aren't there rules for this sort of thing? Then she was handling my phone in a way to not get cheese crumbs on it... N I was like... I can activate this my dayum self...why am I here? Never again....
    Katrina White1 and ClintRo like this.
    09-13-2017 11:46 PM
    ordered on the sixth. shipping October first. doesn't make me happy because I have the case and screen protector staring at me.
    09-13-2017 11:51 PM
    ordered on the sixth. shipping October first. doesn't make me happy because I have the case and screen protector staring at me.
    Ouch! You can't cancel that and just do an in store on Friday? I mean, you'd probably want to wait to cancel until you have one in hand of course.
    jayp1306 likes this.
    09-14-2017 12:08 AM
    Ouch! You can't cancel that and just do an in store on Friday? I mean, you'd probably want to wait to cancel until you have one in hand of course.
    I don't know if they'll do this now but my boss had them cancel his note 4 preorder in store and walked out with a device, times change tho.

As far as preordering- I definitely will! This year regained my confidence in the system. Ordered at midnight when preorders opened, have had since 9/5. Other than no updates over the holiday weekend, it couldn't have gone smoother for me, and it showing up early was just a nice topping to this year's experience.
    09-14-2017 12:22 AM
    Going with unlocked. No one has it locally. I should be getting the camera tomorrow.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    09-14-2017 12:54 AM
    Not for me. Didn't have any issues pre ordering with AT&T. I will definitely do it again.
    Yup, I also preordered from AT&T and had my phone last Sunday (it was there at the store on Friday but I was too busy to get it).
    09-14-2017 04:53 AM
    The biggest problem with pre-ordering is you receive the first batch of devices which may have minor flaws or imperfections. Things that are corrected in later versions. Remember the Nexus 5??
    toenail_flicker and YaniCruz like this.
    09-14-2017 05:20 AM
    Pre orders are awesome. Free gifts and getting the phone early is great
    09-14-2017 05:33 AM
    I have sworn off pre orders simply because better promotions are available post launch. At least that has been my experience. Sometimes there are very good promotions for pre-orders and in those instances I order from the carrier directly.
    Katrina White1 and YaniCruz like this.
    09-14-2017 06:48 AM
    Not to mention most devices get hit with a discount after about 90 days. The deals on the Note 8 around the holidays will be better than the pre-order deals. And you'll possibly receive an improved version of the device.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    09-14-2017 06:59 AM
    Official release day is Friday 9-15-2017. Yet a good bit of you still have no device even though you pre-ordered early on. I've never pre-ordered. Looking forward to Friday.

Some of you have your devices but there was stress and mayhem. Your phones saw pretty much all of the U.S. You didn't receive current tracking.

Considering this experience, will you ever pre order again, whether direct, through a carrier, or BB?
    What exactly is your definition of a good bit? it also seems that a good many of us received our devices and free gifts (myself included) without any drama....

You also need to keep in mind that most people only post if there is an issue but probably don't if they didn't experience any issues.

Samsung claims that the Note8 had the highest number of pre-orders ever so you need to factor that in as well.
    09-14-2017 07:15 AM

I love being "first", but with the kind of money involved in smartphones, I'll wait for the eager go-getters to get them and see what people are saying a couple months in. After the "this thing is perfect in every way possible" syndrome wears off and we are well into the "come to think of it, if I could improve this phone in any way it would be..." phase.

Saved me from a great deal of hassle on the Note 7....

So, to those of you who do eagerly pre-order, THANK YOU. Please keep the feedback coming, loud and proud! It means a lot to a great many of us, I suspect...
    09-14-2017 07:27 AM
    I have been lurking here since pre-orders began. I don't want to be a downer, but I ordered an Orchid Gray Verizon phone on 9/7 and just got the tracking number last night. It is scheduled for 9/19 delivery even though it was promised on 9/15. I ordered a black one as well and already received it. Over the course of the last week I had contacted BB customer service to try and find out if it was really going to be delivered on Friday since it had been in pre-order status until it shipped. Their customer service is absolutely horrible. They were blatantly guessing about what was going on, but assured me that I would have it in my hands on Friday. I also had to call about my black one because it hadn't moved. They said they had a problem with connecting to Verizon and needed to expedite a request about something. I talked with a supervisor yesterday and he gave me the same guess work to make me feel better, "sometime UPS delivers before the date they give, etc". I am supposed to get a call back today explaining why they can't stick to their get by date. I don't believe it will go well either if they even call. I will not do business with BB again. I would rather pay a little more than deal with their guesses and lies. I wouldn't have a problem if they would have just been honest in the beginning. Just an FYI...
    09-14-2017 07:52 AM
155 12345 ...