11-12-2017 09:54 PM
33 12
tools
    yeah. that. I use it for controling lights and appiances, information and lists and reminders... so many things. helped me out when I had two surgeries in a month's time.
    Yikes. Sorry to hear that. Hope all is well now. Yeah I like the commercials. I thought about getting one
    09-15-2017 01:17 AM
    i find it too dim, it was too dim on my note 7 and my note 8 plus. i had no idea it was tied to the main screen brightness.
    I remember my AOD was too dim on my Note 7 until it's almost useless in daytime. Note 8 one is good so far, bright and visible
    ol_jackburton likes this.
    09-15-2017 01:58 AM
    I just wanted to say I had the opposite issue my Always on display in the morning was too dim. That is why I wanted to see if there was a to change the brightness...Then for reason I pick up a flashlight to see the display and it became bright again...so I guess it's light sensitive but about 10 or 15 seconds late became dim again...Just had my Note 8 for a few says not sure if this the normal behavior.
    09-22-2017 06:42 AM
    I think there are should be an offset adjustment with the AOD. It would still auto dim, but maybe have a few different options brightness settings for users to select.
    09-22-2017 08:01 AM
    I just wanted to say I had the opposite issue my Always on display in the morning was too dim. That is why I wanted to see if there was a to change the brightness...Then for reason I pick up a flashlight to see the display and it became bright again...so I guess it's light sensitive but about 10 or 15 seconds late became dim again...Just had my Note 8 for a few says not sure if this the normal behavior.
    This is my problem. My auto brightness will be maxed but yet my AOD is super dim where I can't see it. Something wrong with that I think.
    09-22-2017 10:42 AM
    This is my problem. My auto brightness will be maxed but yet my AOD is super dim where I can't see it. Something wrong with that I think.
    I agree. I dont understand why sometimes it is bright and other times it is dim and now sometimes it is off. Takes about ten seconds to come on. Thought it is called always on, why is it off sometimes?
    11-01-2017 07:54 AM
    If you are concerned about you AOD being too bright that it will be consuming too much of your battery capacity, you have a few simple options:

1. Turn it completely off in the Display settings.

2. Place it on a schedule to only work at night when you may want to use as a clock next to your bed.

3. Place your phone face down when you aren't using your phone. The AOD will automatically turn off.

4. Put the phone in a pocket, purse, drawer, or in a holster with the screen facing inward, and the AOD will turn off. Removing your phone from any of these to check the time, notifications, etc, and your display automatically turns back on.

I keep my N8 in a holster. I like that when I remove, it my AOD is bright enough to see under any lighting conditions.

(My wife's LgG6 has an AOD that is way too dim, IMO, to easily see even at night.)
    11-01-2017 09:06 AM
    If you are concerned about you AOD being too bright that it will be consuming too much of your battery capacity, you have a few simple options:

1. Turn it completely off in the Display settings.

2. Place it on a schedule to only work at night when you may want to use as a clock next to your bed.

3. Place your phone face down when you aren't using your phone. The AOD will automatically turn off.

4. Put the phone in a pocket, purse, drawer, or in a holster with the screen facing inward, and the AOD will turn off. Removing your phone from any of these to check the time, notifications, etc, and your display automatically turns back on.

I keep my N8 in a holster. I like that when I remove, it my AOD is bright enough to see under any lighting conditions.

(My wife's LgG6 has an AOD that is way too dim, IMO, to easily see even at night.)
    Either way it would be better if they would just let us adjust it to our own personal preferences or at least have more steps in it than all the way dim and all the way bright
    11-12-2017 09:54 PM
33 12