Always On Display Too Bright!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol I feel ya. AOD ain't for everyone. But I got hooked on it with the note7. And it's better on note8. And I love watching the the edges light up. My fiance says I look like a kid looking at some light up toy in amazement lol. I like to be able to just look at phone to see time etc without having to touch it sometimes.

I ask my Echo Dot what time it is. :D and what the weather is and so many things. much quicker than my phone and it's almost everywhere I am from room to room without moving my phone. I like that. I can do all the same things in the app, but then I have to pickup my phone. lol

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I ask my Echo Dot what time it is. :D and what the weather is and so many things. much quicker than my phone and it's almost everywhere I am from room to room without moving my phone. I like that. I can do all the same things in the app, but then I have to pickup my phone. lol

Lol. Ok call me behind or slow lol but what is a Echo Dot?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh is that round thing on commercial where they telling alexa to do something? It's black and blue
yeah. that. I use it for controling lights and appiances, information and lists and reminders... so many things. helped me out when I had two surgeries in a month's time.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
yeah. that. I use it for controling lights and appiances, information and lists and reminders... so many things. helped me out when I had two surgeries in a month's time.

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. Hope all is well now. Yeah I like the commercials. I thought about getting one

Kenneth Frierson

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I just wanted to say I had the opposite issue my Always on display in the morning was too dim. That is why I wanted to see if there was a to change the brightness...Then for reason I pick up a flashlight to see the display and it became bright again...so I guess it's light sensitive but about 10 or 15 seconds late became dim again...Just had my Note 8 for a few says not sure if this the normal behavior.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think there are should be an offset adjustment with the AOD. It would still auto dim, but maybe have a few different options brightness settings for users to select.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I just wanted to say I had the opposite issue my Always on display in the morning was too dim. That is why I wanted to see if there was a to change the brightness...Then for reason I pick up a flashlight to see the display and it became bright again...so I guess it's light sensitive but about 10 or 15 seconds late became dim again...Just had my Note 8 for a few says not sure if this the normal behavior.

This is my problem. My auto brightness will be maxed but yet my AOD is super dim where I can't see it. Something wrong with that I think.

Mgault

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
This is my problem. My auto brightness will be maxed but yet my AOD is super dim where I can't see it. Something wrong with that I think.

I agree. I dont understand why sometimes it is bright and other times it is dim and now sometimes it is off. Takes about ten seconds to come on. Thought it is called always on, why is it off sometimes?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
If you are concerned about you AOD being too bright that it will be consuming too much of your battery capacity, you have a few simple options:

1. Turn it completely off in the Display settings.

2. Place it on a schedule to only work at night when you may want to use as a clock next to your bed.

3. Place your phone face down when you aren't using your phone. The AOD will automatically turn off.

4. Put the phone in a pocket, purse, drawer, or in a holster with the screen facing inward, and the AOD will turn off. Removing your phone from any of these to check the time, notifications, etc, and your display automatically turns back on.

I keep my N8 in a holster. I like that when I remove, it my AOD is bright enough to see under any lighting conditions.

(My wife's LgG6 has an AOD that is way too dim, IMO, to easily see even at night.)

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If you are concerned about you AOD being too bright that it will be consuming too much of your battery capacity, you have a few simple options:

1. Turn it completely off in the Display settings.

2. Place it on a schedule to only work at night when you may want to use as a clock next to your bed.

3. Place your phone face down when you aren't using your phone. The AOD will automatically turn off.

4. Put the phone in a pocket, purse, drawer, or in a holster with the screen facing inward, and the AOD will turn off. Removing your phone from any of these to check the time, notifications, etc, and your display automatically turns back on.

I keep my N8 in a holster. I like that when I remove, it my AOD is bright enough to see under any lighting conditions.

(My wife's LgG6 has an AOD that is way too dim, IMO, to easily see even at night.)
Either way it would be better if they would just let us adjust it to our own personal preferences or at least have more steps in it than all the way dim and all the way bright

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Either way it would be better if they would just let us adjust it to our own personal preferences or at least have more steps in it than all the way dim and all the way bright

Totally agree. Just add a slider control to the AOD app.
For me, I notice that in a dark room, like by my bedside AOD is too bright.
In bright sunlight it gets very dim to the point I can't see it! Sitting on my desk in medium light it is too bright and consuming 4% of battery. I have auto brightness set in my display settings. So yes, Samsung, just give us the control in AOD.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance