09-22-2017 09:42 AM
30 12
tools
    Basically the title says it all. It's way too bright in the daytime for my liking...

Is there any way to adjust the brightness level manually?
    09-13-2017 03:40 PM
    I don't think there is a separate setting for adjusting brightness for AOD, I think you just have to adjust screen brightness.
    09-13-2017 03:44 PM
    just have to adjust screen brightness.
    I believe that's correct, AOD follows ambient light if set to auto, or the screen if set manually. I agree it's too bright, at least on my S8+.
    09-13-2017 03:46 PM
    I believe that's correct, AOD follows ambient light if set to auto, or the screen if set manually. I agree it's too bright, at least on my S8+.
    I found the S8+ to adjust pretty well but I agree the Note 8 AOD is much brighter which is causing it to drain more battery.
    09-13-2017 03:48 PM
    I notice mine adjusts depending on lighted situations I'm in. But that probably due to me having screen set to auto brightness. Basically what everyone else is saying.
    kj11 likes this.
    09-13-2017 03:51 PM
    Note 8 AOD is much brighter
    Wow, brighter than the S8's? That would be bad.

Well, this says nothing:
    Lock Screen and AOD
    Settings
    Configure display settings for the Lock screen and
    Always On Display (AOD).
    1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps.
    2. Tap *Settings > Lock screen and security for
    options:
    • Information and FaceWidgets: Set a
    roaming*clock, FaceWidgets, or Contact
    Information to display on the Lock screen and
    Always On Display screen.
    • Notifications: Select which notifications to
    display on the Lock screen and Always On
    Display screen.
    • App shortcuts: Select which apps to open from
    the Lock screen.

And this says nothing:
    Screen Brightness
    Adjust the screen brightness to suit your surroundings
    or personal preference. You may also*want to adjust
    screen brightness to conserve*battery power.
    1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps.
    2. Tap *Settings > Display.
    3. Customize options under Brightness:
    • Drag the Brightness slider to set a custom
    brightness level.
    • Tap Auto brightness to automatically adjust
    the screen brightness based on the lighting
    conditions.

So you'd have to assume AOD follows the screen settings.
    09-13-2017 03:54 PM
    Wow, brighter than the S8's? That would be bad.
    It's definitely brighter than my S8+ was for sure.
    09-13-2017 03:55 PM
    This is from the PDF that was on this forum
    09-13-2017 06:24 PM
    With auto brightness on or off its still too bright.. I know it adapts on its own but maybe they still left the same settings from the S8 and S8 Plus without compensating for the fact that this screen is 22% brighter

For my use I basically want it just a smidge above its lowest level in daytime.. I know my particular use is not exactly normal but I really wish there was a way to adjust it manually

For the time being I guess I'll just have it disabled and I have light manager installed so I can see all my notifications by Led patterns
    09-13-2017 08:13 PM
    Agree on the brightness, also the screen being AMOLED i don't like the screen to show something all the time.
    I would have liked a double tap gesture to show the time and other info.
    09-14-2017 12:52 PM
    Sprint's boot screen is insanely bright, like light up the night sky bright. I don't use auto brightness and have it set fairly low.
    09-14-2017 12:58 PM
    Agree on the brightness, also the screen being AMOLED i don't like the screen to show something all the time.
    I would have liked a double tap gesture to show the time and other info.
    You can turn off AOD and double tap bottom of screen where home button is and it will take you to lock screen to show the time, notification etc.

Edit: my bad with AOD you can just press where home button would be and it will take you to lock screen. I just noticed I can only double tap home button when AOD is on.
    09-14-2017 03:33 PM
    Update:

I found this really simple AOD in the store and it might just work out for me... It's a paid one though
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-14-2017 03:41 PM
    i find it too dim, it was too dim on my note 7 and my note 8 plus. i had no idea it was tied to the main screen brightness.
    09-14-2017 06:52 PM
    You can turn off AOD and double tap bottom of screen where home button is and it will take you to lock screen to show the time, notification etc.

Edit: my bad with AOD you can just press where home button would be and it will take you to lock screen. I just noticed I can only double tap home button when AOD is on.
    you can set the AOD to only show the home button (not clock) so the double tap thing should work then
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-14-2017 07:07 PM
    you can set the AOD to only show the home button (not clock) so the double tap thing should work then
    Thanks. Didn't try that. Will try now.

Edit: it worked. Thanks for bringing this up.
    09-14-2017 07:09 PM
    Thanks. Didn't try that. Will try now.

Edit: it worked. Thanks for bringing this up.
    that's how I use it
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-14-2017 08:11 PM
    that's how I use it
    I do sometimes. When I get tired if seeing everything else on the screen. Lol.
    09-14-2017 08:15 PM
    I do sometimes. When I get tired if seeing everything else on the screen. Lol.
    I'm an odd duck. I like my devices to sit in their respective seats and be quiet and still unless I activate them. I tried having various things on my screen on my N7 and never really was crazy about any of them. I like the memo aspect and I'm hoping to get a text and see the edge light go off. just for fun and fancy. not something I'll likely keep on. I prefer to have my screen turn on when I get email or text, etc.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-14-2017 08:21 PM
    I'm an odd duck. I like my devices to sit in their respective seats and be quiet and still unless I activate them. I tried having various things on my screen on my N7 and never really was crazy about any of them. I like the memo aspect and I'm hoping to get a text and see the edge light go off. just for fun and fancy. not something I'll likely keep on. I prefer to have my screen turn on when I get email or text, etc.
    Lol I feel ya. AOD ain't for everyone. But I got hooked on it with the note7. And it's better on note8. And I love watching the the edges light up. My fiance says I look like a kid looking at some light up toy in amazement lol. I like to be able to just look at phone to see time etc without having to touch it sometimes.
    09-14-2017 08:29 PM
    Lol I feel ya. AOD ain't for everyone. But I got hooked on it with the note7. And it's better on note8. And I love watching the the edges light up. My fiance says I look like a kid looking at some light up toy in amazement lol. I like to be able to just look at phone to see time etc without having to touch it sometimes.
    I ask my Echo Dot what time it is. and what the weather is and so many things. much quicker than my phone and it's almost everywhere I am from room to room without moving my phone. I like that. I can do all the same things in the app, but then I have to pickup my phone. lol
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-14-2017 08:34 PM
    I ask my Echo Dot what time it is. and what the weather is and so many things. much quicker than my phone and it's almost everywhere I am from room to room without moving my phone. I like that. I can do all the same things in the app, but then I have to pickup my phone. lol
    Lol. Ok call me behind or slow lol but what is a Echo Dot?
    09-14-2017 08:36 PM
    Lol. Ok call me behind or slow lol but what is a Echo Dot?
    It's a home automation device for me and a sales tool for Amazon
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-15-2017 12:00 AM
    It's a home automation device for me and a sales tool for Amazon
    Oh is that round thing on commercial where they telling alexa to do something? It's black and blue
    09-15-2017 12:03 AM
    Oh is that round thing on commercial where they telling alexa to do something? It's black and blue
    yeah. that. I use it for controling lights and appiances, information and lists and reminders... so many things. helped me out when I had two surgeries in a month's time.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-15-2017 12:10 AM
30 12