Can we Move Apps to External Storage on the Note 8 without root?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
did we lose this capability in the Note 8? still haven't found a setting and my aqua mail isn't letting me select my extSD for storage of attacments. anyone find it or is it gone? any workarounds other than root?
[h=1][/h]

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
After changing the setting in Developer options. Go to Settings > Apps > App Manager > Select the app > Storage. From there you can choose to move the app to external storage.

Hope this helps,
BigRedGonzo

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
After changing the setting in Developer options. Go to Settings > Apps > App Manager > Select the app > Storage. From there you can choose to move the app to external storage.

Hope this helps,
BigRedGonzo
I didn't think that allowed you to move the entire app over to SD, just portions of it.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
and I don't even care about apps, I just want my apps to be able to access the external storage location and right now they can't. so why allow large cards???

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So, even though the app isn't coded to allow move to SD, if you root you can move it anyway? And it still works?
it's not rooted yet so the N8 remains a mystery, but on my other devices, yeah, you can move it. it's a permissions thing. if you root and give up knox (block it) you can have control.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
if you root and give up knox (block it) you can have control.

Okay, but not so much the question. Being able to move it and having it still work would seem to be exclusive things. It seems if an app isn't written to allow that type of operation, then it wouldn't matter if you had authority to move it.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, but not so much the question. Being able to move it and having it still work would seem to be exclusive things. It seems if an app isn't written to allow that type of operation, then it wouldn't matter if you had authority to move it.
I wouldn't move them if they didn't work afterward, that said, all I really care about right this minute is that permission be given to apps, that I allow by picking, to utilize the external storage for things beyond photos, like email attachments for example. now I have to manually move them using dropsync and then delete them from the main. waste of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2