Action Memo shortcut App.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Orignal find:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote8/comments/6zb58n/action_memo_shortcut/

play store link

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.zolaris.actionmemoshortcut&token=BNyUMQWE

This app has only one purpose:
-Pressing it will launch Action Memo if S-Note is already installed on your device.

The reason for this app is due to the exclusion of S-Note on newer Note devices and the usefulness of Action Memo.

With the removal of double-tapping the screen to launch Action Memo, it became a bit troublesome to call up Action Memo after installing S-Note.

This shortcut can be placed anywhere that can launch an app, such as:
- SPen's Air Command
- Apps Edge
- Any other launcher apps

Once again, this app is not S-Note nor will it come with S-Note. S-Note must be obtained from a separate source.

Not my creation, credit goes to Zolaris Apps.

Lyspaere

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Has worked like a dream for me since about an hour after it was posted on Reddit. I have it in Air Command as the first option.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, it worked for me without incident. I will have to play with it some more and see if we have information to file bug reports with.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Worked for me! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction Cary Quinn. It was getting old tapping the S note app instead opening a fresh memo directly.

I've got it on Air Command as well as a direct single tap on Lightning Launcher. Again... good lookin out.

P.S. And now I'm using Note Buddy to auto launch Action memo when I pull the S-pen. I'm set now.

Last edited:

Miscue

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
My phone had a system update over night and now my action memo no longer works. I tried to reinstall the apk file and it says it's corrupt. I don't understand why Samsung doesn't want us to use something that everyone obviously loves.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Whatever version I had, kept crashing, and that shortcut someone made froze and I had to reboot. I think this is a different version. Plan to give it one more try. Thanks. Oh what carrier is everyone on that got it to work? Any on Verizon? Just to make sure.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon...and the one above I posted files worked for me. But this morning when I opened S-Note I got a notification that there's an update, which I made a mistake and did and Action Memo was no longer available. So I had to uninstall and reinstall, all good now.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded this again and no luck. Still shows as being corrupt. Now what should I do to get this to work?
Nevermind I got it back.

Last edited:

Miscue

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I reinstalled the apk files after the update and had my action memo working again, only to wake up this morning to it gone again

Miscue

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you have automatic updates enabled in either Play store or Galaxy app store?

I just turned them off and reinstalled it again. Hope it stays this time. Samsung fixed the Bixby issue that people were complaining of. I just don't understand why they're determined to take away our action memo!

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Worked for me! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction Cary Quinn. It was getting old tapping the S note app instead opening a fresh memo directly.

I've got it on Air Command as well as a direct single tap on Lightning Launcher. Again... good lookin out.

P.S. And now I'm using Note Buddy to auto launch Action memo when I pull the S-pen. I'm set now.

Does this app need Tasker to work?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance