I miss my IR blaster.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have Google Fiber and all of our phones work as remote. I had a Note 4, but did not use the IR blaster much, was a nice feature.

yugoport

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Miss it too.. I still have a htc one m7 at home for this.. Unfortunately Samsung (like other oems) just noticed by collecting user data that people don't used it that much and decided to removed it to save money.

It's a pity that such a useful feature was removed from the phones.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Still not missing mine.. especially since I have DirecTV now. I control TV through my Fire Stick or my Apple TV. IR blaster isn't useful at all for me.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I have mine still courtesy of my LG V20 that I rotate with my Note 8. The other day it came in handy while at the doctor's office. There was some mind numbing talk show on and then presto, ESPN.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Why do they keep taking inexpensive features while adding (for me) useless stuff like iris recognition. I miss scrapbook and S Finder as well. Small, inexpensive features I used daily. This might be my last Note and I've had them all except 1 & 7.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why do they keep taking inexpensive features while adding (for me) useless stuff like iris recognition. I miss scrapbook and S Finder as well. Small, inexpensive features I used daily. This might be my last Note and I've had them all except 1 & 7.

I assume since most don't use it. Sure some do but majority don't so they remove it.

MrMELTDOWN

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
We lost our Amazon Fire Box remote for a period of 9 months. IR blaster saved us from buying a crappy replacement. The original remote was expensive. I've used it at restaurants to turn up the volume or change channels.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
We lost our Amazon Fire Box remote for a period of 9 months. IR blaster saved us from buying a crappy replacement. The original remote was expensive. I've used it at restaurants to turn up the volume or change channels.
That's reason alone to not include it anymore. If I owned that restaurant, I would not be happy that one of my patrons was screwing around with my TV. Just because you CAN turn the channel into or change the volume, doesn't give you the right to do it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That's reason alone to not include it anymore. If I owned that restaurant, I would not be happy that one of my patrons was screwing around with my TV. Just because you CAN turn the channel into or change the volume, doesn't give you the right to do it.
There is a separate tv in every booth. There were remotes in every booth but they were lost or stolen. I admit I mute the noise in BK in the morning but I'm the only one there and there are several other tv's blaring.

IR is great at home too. My TV's, cable box, fan, ac, overhead fans, stereo all use ir and are all controlled by my phone.

I don't mess with channels at bars. No death wish here.

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
dont know what is this because im new with a samsung phone, the phone i was using before was the LG G5 and that G serie come with an function so i can programmed a TV, Stereo, DVD and a cable box and use the phone as a remote, some time being in a dr appointment or emergency room o the laundry i just programmed the phone in 3 sec and wala full control of the tv.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I used the IR blaster a few times in the past. Problem is that it then wants to act like all my other remotes and hide from me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel