LED case functionality

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine and can basically only get the time. If I assign icons (from the list included) to other apps I can get a generic icon to come on with emails, etc. But according to the box it came in there should be battery status, incoming unread messages, etc. As stated previously, I only get the time when I open and close the case. Perhaps this newest version of android has to be updated by Samsung to restore all of the features??? Otherwise, I like the case very much.

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Can others please corroborate Eric's findings? I'm thinking about buying this case, but I want to make sure it works correctly.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have the Note 7 case, but my girl friend had the Note 5 case and I still get all the notifications on my Note 8 that she had with her LED case. Though I don't use my LED case all the time I do see the received text, incoming call, time of call at end of call, charging & battery life symbol among others when in use.

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have the Note 7 case, but my girl friend had the Note 5 case and I still get all the notifications on my Note 8 that she had with her LED case. Though I don't use my LED case all the time I do see the received text, incoming call, time of call at end of call, charging & battery life symbol among others when in use.

Good to know. Thank you!

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Turns out the battery charging notification comes through if I use the cable to charge. But when I have it on a wireless charging stand, the notification for charging does not appear (maybe it will work with the OEM charger?). All other notifications (e.g., incoming phone call, messages have come in --- so I think it's working as advertised. I especially like the option to create LED icons for select notifications. E.g., I created separate "Gmail" and "Wrk Mail" icons for these 2 separate email applications. I also created "Voice Msg." I actually love the case. It's sturdy with minimal bulk. I also like the texture, which is nonslip!!!

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Turns out the battery charging notification comes through if I use the cable to charge. But when I have it on a wireless charging stand, the notification for charging does not appear (maybe it will work with the OEM charger?). All other notifications (e.g., incoming phone call, messages have come in --- so I think it's working as advertised. I especially like the option to create LED icons for select notifications. E.g., I created separate "Gmail" and "Wrk Mail" icons for these 2 separate email applications. I also created "Voice Msg." I actually love the case. It's sturdy with minimal bulk. I also like the texture, which is nonslip!!!

The battery status will not work with wireless charging because the phone has to use a low powered wireless charge to the case to make it work. It has to do only one or the other.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci