So I am an iPhone convert, I love this phone, but I was really nervous to try the Samsung pay thing, I had it all set up, even asked a question about it that never really got answered, I researched about how it is used, and still didn't want to try it in fear it wouldn't work like I read it would. I loved all the Samsung rewards promos, even spent a few points that I earned for uploading a card to Samsung pay.

Still was so hesitant to try, didn't want to be embarrassed when it didn't work at the store, but I tried it today and it worked flawlessly. The lady at the store said they don't accept payments by phone, but it still worked and the look on her face was priceless. Samsung pay works like they say it works. I love it.
    09-15-2017 05:05 PM
    So I am an iPhone convert, I love this phone, but I was really nervous to try the Samsung pay thing, I had it all set up, even asked a question about it that never really got answered, I researched about how it is used, and still didn't want to try it in fear it wouldn't work like I read it would. I loved all the Samsung rewards promos, even spent a few points that I earned for uploading a card to Samsung pay.

Still was so hesitant to try, didn't want to be embarrassed when it didn't work at the store, but I tried it today and it worked flawlessly. The lady at the store said they don't accept payments by phone, but it still worked and the look on her face was priceless. Samsung pay works like they say it works. I love it.
    I am just like you were...I still haven't tried it in fear of holding up the line. I have had many iPhones and it works great on those. I still to this day have never tried contactless payment on an Android.
    09-15-2017 05:20 PM
    I am just like you were...I still haven't tried it in fear of holding up the line. I have had many iPhones and it works great on those. I still to this day have never tried contactless payment on an Android.
    Just try it. It worked so well. I never even tried the Apple pay, had it set up but never used it. Today was the first time ever using my phone at a small gas station in central Pennsylvania. I will use it every day now
    09-15-2017 05:36 PM
    Just try it. It worked so well. I never even tried the Apple pay, had it set up but never used it. Today was the first time ever using my phone at a small gas station in central Pennsylvania. I will use it every day now
    Wellll unfortunately after my last post I decided I would set it up...only to find out that I've lost my debt card!FML.
    09-15-2017 05:43 PM
    is anyone having issues using Iris unlock to use Samsung pay? using either my pin or fingerprint is fine, but when I use Iris unlock as the security feature it just loops back to the screen of my card
    09-15-2017 06:07 PM
    I've used Samsung pay for years and it's way better then Apple pay. Not only does it work with NFC enabled card readers but also older card readers the magnetic strip.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    09-15-2017 08:25 PM
    I've used it for over 2 years myself. I love the rewards too!
    09-15-2017 08:44 PM
    I have been using Samsung Pay since it was introduced. I love it. People used to be so surprised that it worked even when they did not think it would, but not so much anymore. I guess it's used more often now.
    09-15-2017 08:49 PM
    is anyone having issues using Iris unlock to use Samsung pay? using either my pin or fingerprint is fine, but when I use Iris unlock as the security feature it just loops back to the screen of my card
    I find iris unlock to be iffy regardless. I just use pin or FPS, much faster and always works.
    09-15-2017 08:53 PM
    I sometimes have problems at Walmart mostly the self check out but I discovered today to use it as debit and it worked after rejecting credit card type.
    09-15-2017 08:58 PM
    The iris unlock is so fast for me . Not sure why some still have a issue. You guys most be doing something all wrong
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    09-18-2017 07:16 AM
    I researched about how it is used, and still didn't want to try it in fear it wouldn't work like I read it would.
    I started using Google Wallet's tap-and-pay years ago when it was first released. It was unreliable enough that I also took my credit card out of my pocket and had it handy. However, after some initial teething problems I've not had any issues at all. I've used Google Wallet, Android Pay (after Google Wallet's update), Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay. The only time I have issues anymore are with Samsung Pay where there is no NFC, and even that is very rare.

the look on her face was priceless
    This right here is fun. I never get tired of seeing their reaction!
    09-18-2017 08:22 AM
    Samsung pay is outstanding. I've easily made over 2k$ in cash and rewards. I average about 40-50 transactions a month. Never even remember the last time I used plastic
    09-18-2017 09:55 AM
    I haven't even tried Samsung pay yet lol
    09-18-2017 10:09 AM
    I'm bummed there is a cap for points at 50 transactions I average 60 month
    09-18-2017 10:18 AM
    I haven't even tried Samsung pay yet lol
    I don't understand.

Seriously, what are you waiting for? I leave my wallet in the car all the time now when I'm running in to buy things.
    09-18-2017 10:57 AM
    I don't understand.

Seriously, what are you waiting for? I leave my wallet in the car all the time now when I'm running in to buy things.
    Lol. They don't take every card out there.
    09-18-2017 10:59 AM
    I never used phone payments until Samsung Pay. when I had a Note4 I did research and was waiting until I got a Samsung Pay compatible phone. On my Note 5 I started using it right away. 3-5 times I'm blowing cashier's minds. I reached over the counter at Taco Bell (they have the swipe on the monitor of the register) and it worked and she was stunned. Someone at a hardware store was like "That's faster than the chip reader" Yes, yes it is.
    09-19-2017 02:13 PM
    Samsung pay is actually what tiped the scales for me to go with the Note 8. Have been using Apple pay for a while now but Samsung pay takes it to a new level. Love it.
    anon(1733) likes this.
    09-19-2017 04:14 PM
    The stages of Samsung Pay...

1. I'm afraid to try. What if it doesn't work?
    2. Ok, I'll try it. Cool it works.
    3. I'm using Samsung Pay. Gotta make sure the guy behind me in line sees it!
    4. I announce to the checker that I'm using my phone to pay for it just so they can say "It doesn't work here." Then watch their face when it beeps.
    5. I start using it like a credit card and now I get annoyed when the checker says it won't work when I know it will.
    6. I just use it and it just works. The checker and the guy behind me never even notice.
    wkemp21 likes this.
    09-19-2017 05:58 PM