Wallpaper Motion effect

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
With my note 5 I downloaded a random image for a wallpaper and when I set it as a wallpaper it had a option to add motion effect. I can't find this on my 8

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
There are several live and motion wallpapers on the Samsung theme store, and the ones installed on the phone with the little icon in the upper right are Infinity wallpapers that also have motion. I wish they had more of those, I like that effect.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
With my note 5 I downloaded a random image for a wallpaper and when I set it as a wallpaper it had a option to add motion effect. I can't find this on my 8

Select your photo or wallpaper that you downloaded in your gallery. Click on the 3 dots on top left corner(right when you looking at it). Click on set as wallpaper. Choose as home screen, lock screen or both and it should show the motion effect thing at bottom.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
It's there. For example, in Gallery if you choose a picture and select to make it the home screen you will see the option at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited:

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
8cc754e5eb7a905badaa9b3f45b68d29.jpg

ARayBullock

Mar 31, 2018
Visit site
I am not using a Nova Launcher, however I am not able to see the Motion effect as an option when selecting gallery pictures as wallpaper.. is there a way to upload a picture into wallpapers app/settings to make it an "official" wallpaper to provide the Motion effect option ?

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
I am not using a Nova Launcher, however I am not able to see the Motion effect as an option when selecting gallery pictures as wallpaper.. is there a way to upload a picture into wallpapers app/settings to make it an "official" wallpaper to provide the Motion effect option ?

I never knew the feature existed, but I just tried it and it worked. I chose the picture from gallery, tapped the right top 3 dots, got the option to set as wallpaper, then got the option "home screen, lock screen, home and lock screens", I selected both, and then saw a little white moon icon under the picture selected with motion effect written beside it that I could tick and I had motion happening. The motion is very subtle.

ARayBullock

Mar 31, 2018
Visit site
I love the Motion effect however even selecting both wallpaper and screensaver, on my Galaxy s8+, I still do not have the option. So odd, that it only allows the option for me with wallpaper photos in the wallpaper and themes app of settings.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance