Why the long screen?

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering why Samsung and now apple with the iPhone X is moving toward 2:1 screens. Ergonomically this makes no sense to me because it is impossible to reach the top with a thumb. Why not make it wider so I can access the whole screen with one hand?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Can't agree more. It's supposed to make it easier to use one handed but it really doesn't. All it does it move that area on the other side of the screen that was out of reach to the top instead. I've had a Galaxy s8 Plus, LG G6 then the regular Galaxy s8 all with the new screen ratio and you have to use the One Handed Mode feature so much more just to keep bringing the top of the screen into reach. Worst of it it looks pretty awful too but it's the way all phones are going now so it's something we're just going to have to accept for now

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Easily -- Fit more screen in your hand without making the phone feel "fat" you could say.

They aren't trying to make phones one handed anymore. Those days are pretty much over.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering why Samsung and now apple with the iPhone X is moving toward 2:1 screens. Ergonomically this makes no sense to me because it is impossible to reach the top with a thumb. Why not make it wider so I can access the whole screen with one hand?
Why is it only Samsung and Apple? What about LG ? They make fantastic phones...

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Maybe they are trying to stop idiots from texting driving! (move the keyboard to the top of the screen) I love this phone, but wish it could felt like the 7.

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they are trying to stop idiots from texting driving! (move the keyboard to the top of the screen) I love this phone, but wish it could felt like the 7.
I hear you. That 7 was a wonderful phone, and why they couldn't give us that lovely blue again is beyond me. Orchid Grey is a **** poor choice.....

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the s8 series or note 8? There are swipe options to open the notification bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12