Double Tap?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does the Note 8 have double tap to turn the screen on or off without locking which would require entering a pin? I don't mind using fingerprint but any apps that lock the screen that I know of require actual pin entry rather than any biometric means. PITA imo

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Double tap the virtual Home Button will take you to the lockscreen if that helps. On my s8 I set my ZenWatch 2 as my trusted device so would only have to double tap the home button then swipe the screen to unlock. Or simply long press the home button. Nova Launcher has a setting to double tap for locking the screen again

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Double tap the virtual Home Button will take you to the lockscreen if that helps. On my s8 I set my ZenWatch 2 as my trusted device so would only have to double tap the home button then swipe the screen to unlock. Or simply long press the home button. Nova Launcher has a setting to double tap for locking the screen again

The problem with Nova's setting (and a few other launchers and apps) is that when you double-tap to lock on the Galaxy devices, when you swipe to open your device (or use your fingerprint), it won't unlock. The only way to unlock at the point is by using a pin.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Nova has a way around that, I am using there double tap. It shuts the screen off for 10 seconds and then it locks. Doing it that way makes it so that you can open with FP or in my case smart lock.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nova has a way around that, I am using there double tap. It shuts the screen off for 10 seconds and then it locks. Doing it that way makes it so that you can open with FP or in my case smart lock.
That's what I do in different phones and it works fine. You just need to select 'timeout' as screen lock method in Nova settings.

e0e719552106fa32f1b913122dc58a23.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante