I am making myself crazy trying to find out how to turn sound on for notifications for text messages and email. I don't get any on screen little bubble notifications either. What have I missed? Thanks in advance. Beautiful phone in blue, got it yesterday.
    09-16-2017 03:47 PM
    Strangely other than text I've not been getting any notifications bubbles either.

If you press the volume button it will bring up the on screen display for the volume, touch this on screen volume notification and it'll open up to allow you to adjust your volume for notifications etc
    09-16-2017 03:58 PM
    Strangely other than text I've not been getting any notifications bubbles either.

If you press the volume button it will bring up the on screen display for the volume, touch this on screen volume notification and it'll open up to allow you to adjust your volume for notifications etc
    Thanks Andrew. I looked at my volumes for notifications and it seems fine. Still no notifications bubble or sound. I may have to go to Best Buy and see a geek lol.
    09-16-2017 04:20 PM
    Try going to Settings>Notification and see if you're allowing the apps you want to get notifications from turned on.
    09-16-2017 04:31 PM
    I have done that about 100 times thinking I have to be missing something. Thanks for the idea though.
    09-16-2017 07:16 PM
    I feel your pain!! Losing my mind trying to figure out why it will vibrate but not play the notification sound. Tried turning off vibration but doesn't make a difference! Tried every item on the forum without success. So frustrating.
    09-29-2017 10:16 PM
    I am making myself crazy trying to find out how to turn sound on for notifications for text messages and email. I don't get any on screen little bubble notifications either. What have I missed? Thanks in advance. Beautiful phone in blue, got it yesterday.
    I was having the same issue.
    I switched from the preinstalled message app to "android messages" by Google.
    No more problems hearing text notifications.
    09-30-2017 01:25 AM
    What app are you using for messages?
    09-30-2017 03:34 PM
    My notifications don't work either. this includes my alarms. If anyone knows how to fix it, that would be great. I don't want to do a factory reset or trade it in but those look like my only options.
    10-01-2017 11:29 AM
    Think I found what we're looking for. Go settings>apps>email. Under app settings select notifications. In the upper right there is an information icon, select that. It opens a screen where you set sound and vibration for your email accounts.
    10-02-2017 09:24 AM
    I had the same peoblem and was going crazy. It was turned on in the Notifications settings and volume up all the way. It wasn't until I was going to uninstall the app from Settings>Apps and saw, down towards the bottom, the notifications was BLOCKED. I unblocked it now it works fine. You might want to open you messaging app in settings and see if notifications are block. I know I didn't block it. Maybe an update did or something.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    10-23-2017 12:36 AM
    Good suggestions by everyone, but if none of them work, be sure to reboot your phone and clear out all the apps in the recently used drawer.
    10-23-2017 08:42 AM
    If you are using "do not disturb", make sure your settings in that option are correct.
    Not saying that's what your problem is, but I had text and email notification problems because of this.
    10-23-2017 09:50 AM
    Mine started working spontaneously about a week ago, and have been fine since. Go figure!
    10-23-2017 08:00 PM
    i m going through same **** no notifications for whatsapp , messenger
    11-06-2017 11:34 AM
    Have you gone into each app such as email, messages, and whatsapp and turned on notifications?
    11-06-2017 11:52 AM
    11-06-2017 12:08 PM
    This worked for me!!Same happened with my galaxy note 8. All sound and notification settings were as they should be, however If you turn all notifcation/ sound settings up full and go to your previous music app you was using. I.e Spotify or Samsung music. Go back on to that app and play a song for few seconds then pause and skip back to the beginning or the previous song( while paused) then close the music app and see if that helps!
    12-04-2017 03:24 PM
    Hope this works for you-go to settings, sounds and vibration, notification sounds,click default notification sound PRESS VOLUME BUTTON UP. If the sound plays hit back and you have your notification sounds back.
    12-06-2017 08:06 PM
    Thank you! Thank you ! I was going insane trying to figure out how to hear my text notifications and this fixed it.
    12-07-2017 06:16 PM
    Think I found what we're looking for. Go settings>apps>email. Under app settings select notifications. In the upper right there is an information icon, select that. It opens a screen where you set sound and vibration for your email accounts.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Frustration eliminated! Never would have figured that out.
    01-05-2018 05:58 PM