Battery Performance Tips

kareem_ruhi

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Have had the device for 3 days now; the first two days weren't that great (normal; everything is syncing), today was the best day so far with moderate use, i'm at 50% after 9 hours.

Anyone discovered or could provide any tips on any 'hidden' apps/options sucking up your Note 8 batteries?

Cheers,
Kareem

kareem_ruhi

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I do have the fast charging dock at the office and i must add that the fast charging capability of the Note 8 seems to be better than S7E for some reason.

My question is more generic about any hidden areas where we can improve the battery lifetime of the device.

It may take few days/week(s) until we discover it though.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
The usual Android battery saving tips apply. Nothing really note specific at this point. Reduce screen brightness, control background apps, manage wireless, etc.

Kingstoler

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Device maintenance > Battery and put background apps you're not using to sleep. Easily available from the edge tab.
Disable Always on Display, and manage your brightness. I can get through a full 16 hour day with about 7 hours of on screen time, and still have 15-20% left.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Turn off these wifi settings under connections....
>wifi >adaptive wifi> turn off.

Also... keep wifi on during sleep >toggle off

Another one... Connections>more connection settings >wifi scanning > Toggle off

Hope this helps, these settings drain about 10-15% of my battery. They are the first settings I disable on any phone.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Device maintenance > Battery and put background apps you're not using to sleep. Easily available from the edge tab.
Disable Always on Display, and manage your brightness. I can get through a full 16 hour day with about 7 hours of on screen time, and still have 15-20% left.

Not seeing Device Maintenance on my Verizon Samsung Note 8

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Turn off these wifi settings under connections....
>wifi >adaptive wifi> turn off.

Also... keep wifi on during sleep >toggle off

Another one... Connections>more connection settings >wifi scanning > Toggle off

Hope this helps, these settings drain about 10-15% of my battery. They are the first settings I disable on any phone.
Really? Keep Wi-Fi off during sleep?

I'm assuming that they LTE radio has gotten very efficient over Wi-Fi now days?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
One thing I have always done on my Android phones is to stop Gmail from syncing. I don't really use Gmail for anything too important and anything that I have being sent to that email address, I can simply open the app and it will check for new email right then and there. It's really saved a lot of battery by not syncing. I do have contacts set to sync so they are backed up on the server.

As for keeping WiFi ON, I never use WiFi and my battery goes a full day with 5-6 hrs screen time with my usage. The only time I've seen WiFi make the phone last longer is if I used a phone with no sim card in it. Also I keep brightness down to a bit below half way and auto brightness is off.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I disabled a few things... I think the most important part is go through all of your settings every single one for every single app and disable things that you don't need or want and also it's best to do a fresh start on the phone instead of restoring apps

I was really concerned about battery life but I must say my battery has been fantastic far better than I expected... This is 1 week in
70f5ec3b2a127c18fcc41e3809b2218c.jpg
8ed25a2984be3a1a6aa469e1c5de2413.jpg
56a75ece27b5bc4ead9b52fa5111a265.jpg

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Good battery life so far for me. Seems to be more efficient when you're actually using it vs having it just sit around. Sometimes I'll be doing work tasks on the phone mixed with playing around on it, and I'll be like "Aww, I'm down to 65% already? That was fast."

Then I'll check, and I'll have 3.5 hours of screen time at that point.

jadedangel143

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Turn off auto brightness, turn screen brightness to 0%, turn screen resolution to 720 and make as much as you can be a black or dark backround. Turn off always on display. I'm getting 20 hours between charges easy.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Turn off auto brightness, turn screen brightness to 0%, turn screen resolution to 720 and make as much as you can be a black or dark backround. Turn off always on display. I'm getting 20 hours between charges easy.

This sounds terrible.... Like I assume you are joking right? You mind as well get a Note 2...

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Some people go overboard trying to squeeze more life out of their battery.
If you want to get better gas mileage on your corvette, don't gun it on takeoffs, cruise the highway at 55mph and don't drive with the top down. You should get 2 mpg more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1