Battery Performance Tips

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Not on my Verizon Note 8
You must be viewing your settings menu as a standard list.

Open settings, push the 3 vertical buttons on the top right, click view as simplified list, device maintenance will be about 2/3 of the way down.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
With all the above said... Does anybody use doze? Or is that irrelevant?
Are you talking about the App or the built in Android Doze? Because the built in one is automatic. If the phone is untouched for 1hr, it will start to Doze. You have no control over it. You can put some stuff in the whitelist but that doesn't always work.

You can use Greenify to trigger it at 10min instead of 60min, to get better standby times.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Open settings, push the 3 vertical buttons on the top right, click view as simplified list, device maintenance will be about 2/3 of the way down.

Gee now I feel stupid LOL Thanks that worked and I never thought of doing that.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Really? Keep Wi-Fi off during sleep?

I'm assuming that they LTE radio has gotten very efficient over Wi-Fi now days?
My home wifi is off at night, I'm on metered wifi so I turn it off when I'm not using it. I have unlimited data on all phones in the household, no need for wifi to be on all the time. Really.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my very first day and have 65% with 2.25 on screen time, performance mode all full throttle only location and Bluetooth turned off, pretty good start I think

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Dang. Metered??? What the heck kind of service is that?
Depends. Mine is metered, but only for speed. I get throttled after I reach a set amount but it's not a big deal because the throttled speed is still enough for me to stream 480p while my kid brother is playing DoTa2.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Dang. Metered??? What the heck kind of service is that?
I'm in the middle of nowhere, it's either Hughesnet (the latency is horrible) ditched them after 3 years or Sprint. Now we have OTA with Sprint, 30 gigs/month. It only matters when the grandkids are over with wifi devices. Like I said, we have unlimited on our phones. I screen mirror from my phone to the TV when we want to watch something online.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh yes I forgot about the awful caps on satellite internet. I grew up in the country and that's the only part I hated was not having internet. But luckily it was before it became such a 'must have'. I remember having to buy a external controller bases modem and having to sign on all night to download patches for games... not fun. I even played World of Warcraft on dial up. I got those patches from my friend at work. It's still like that out there.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Soooo you have the option to change how your settings menu is listed?

This is how mine looks I don't have an option to change it that I see at least
08198873020bb2e55f68c3f9059006fb.jpg

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about the App or the built in Android Doze? Because the built in one is automatic. If the phone is untouched for 1hr, it will start to Doze. You have no control over it. You can put some stuff in the whitelist but that doesn't always work.

You can use Greenify to trigger it at 10min instead of 60min, to get better standby times.

Must be the app, because I can uninstall it. The app with the owl..

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Don't forget when you go to see Device Manager to refresh your battery, storage and memory, something I do constantly because I can set it on my edge panel two thumb swipes and I've done it, you can set which apps will always stay asleep until you actually call them up.

This will save you some battery.

Go to Device Manager > battery > scroll down > select apps to always be asleep > pick which apps you have no need to be running in the background draining battery.