Curse you FedEx!!!!

Sam_Cohen

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
So my phone was shipped on Friday from a warehouse about 45 min from my house, but thanks to FedEx I won't get it until Tuesday (and I won't be home when it gets here so I won't get to play with it until later Tuesday night).
Dang it FedEx!!!!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I see what he is saying, why not just move it up and deliver it instead of letting the box just sit in the hub. I've had UPS move my deliveries up when they get ahead of schedule.

But on the same token, if you're not expecting a delivery till Tuesday and they show up early to deliver it, you might not be there to sign for it, that's happened to me also and just as maddening as you missed the delivery. See, there is no pleasing us.. Lol

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So my phone was shipped on Friday from a warehouse about 45 min from my house, but thanks to FedEx I won't get it until Tuesday (and I won't be home when it gets here so I won't get to play with it until later Tuesday night).
Dang it FedEx!!!!

You can probably go pick it up at where its staying. I have done that before with UPS if you bring your ID

Sam_Cohen

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Well I see what he is saying, why not just move it up and deliver it instead of letting the box just sit in the hub. I've had UPS move my deliveries up when they get ahead of schedule.

But on the same token, if you're not expecting a delivery till Tuesday and they show up early to deliver it, you might not be there to sign for it, that's happened to me also and just as maddening as you missed the delivery. See, there is no pleasing us.. Lol

Actually Monday would be better since I work from home then and I would be home all day. Tuesday I am in the office then I bowl, my wife will be here so it will get delivered but I won't be home to play ;'-(

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
/

Not really mad, I just want my new phone, yes I know it is two day shipping it just seems silly that I have to wait an extra day for it to more 45 min away.

I understand. I didn't realize shipping UPS (T-Mobile), 2 day, to a PO box would cause extra delays then those shipped to their home. I was not happy. Won't do that again.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Dang it FedEx!!!!

It's why I have mine delivered to my office.

CraverEric

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
My phone is in FEDEX distribution center within 15 minutes from my house, so taunting lol. Monday's are busy days at work. I'll request to "work" from home tomorrow :) I just hope I get it early in the day!

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have seen this before, it's really insane but when you use any kind of "Air" shipping with FedEx or UPS even if it's going across town it get's picked up, sorted, sent to a main Hub Site that processes the item and routed to the appropriate destination site. (usually the Hub site is an out of state/central location) it's done this way because it's actually faster then doing any kind of manual sort at the local pickup sites. I learned this when I dealt with shipping for a company I worked at. Sorry this will not make it get there any faster, just trying to help folks understand the logic or lack there of...

Cheers,
BR

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

I didn't sign for mine, I was home and never heard or saw the truck, my dog didn't either and the front door was open

king

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Friday I was about 10 feet from the front door and heard a vehicle drive off. I opened the door to find a notice that they attempted to deliver my Note 8 and would return Monday - no knock, no doorbell. I called FedEx and the came back about 3 1/2 hours later with my phone. That was the longest 3 1/2 hours of my life!

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
As soon as I get a email that it's going to be delivered, I sign into Fedex or UPS and have them hold it. Then on the way home I can swing by and pick it up. Even when I'm home, I get a sticker on the door saying they missed me. From the time they ring the bell to the time I get there, all I find is a sticker, I think they give you the time it takes them to fill out the missed you sticker. I've complained to no avail, picking it up seemed to be the best solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca