I dropped my Note 8 and it was damaged

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So I have had my new Note 8 for not even two full days aaaaannnnd this happens... I'm literally waiting on my case from Amazon to arrive, I have the phone in my left pocket. I go to sit on the carport stoop, and I immediately hear a 'CLACK' I look down and find my new beautiful Note screen cracked.

This thing is SLIPPERY AS HELL AND EQUALLY AS FRAGILE. Thank goodness I have really good third party insurance. 😁

Attachments

• 1080.jpg
    1080.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 156

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So I have had my new Note 8 for not even two full days aaaaannnnd this happens... I'm literally waiting on my case from Amazon to arrive, I have the phone in my left pocket. I go to sit on the carport stoop, and I immediately hear a 'CLACK' I look down and find my new beautiful Note screen cracked.

This thing is SLIPPERY AS HELL AND EQUALLY AS FRAGILE. Thank goodness I have really good third party insurance. 😁

My *** would be crying lol. Yikes

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I just made a post yesterday asking if anyone had done this yet. Sorry to see this happened to you! For a $900+ device, I would hate to break it!

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. It literally fell like 7 inches after sliding right out of my pocket. Gorilla glass is NOT impact resistant at all apparently. I can live with this for a little while, especially after I get my case, won't be able to see the damage. when it's convenient I'll pay my $50 deductible and get it replaced. 🙄

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Had mine in a pouch case that fit too loosely and at the gym, it slipped out and landed on the floor...the nice, soft rubberized floor. Wake up call acknowledged.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys. It literally fell like 7 inches after sliding right out of my pocket. Gorilla glass is NOT impact resistant at all apparently. I can live with this for a little while, especially after I get my case, won't be able to see the damage. when it's convenient I'll pay my $50 deductible and get it replaced. 🙄
So what insurance are you using that the deductible is only $50?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Amazon delayed my case as well so I ended up paying AT&T $34.00 for a no-name, plastic cover just to have something on it until my UB Pro shows up!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. It literally fell like 7 inches after sliding right out of my pocket. Gorilla glass is NOT impact resistant at all apparently. I can live with this for a little while, especially after I get my case, won't be able to see the damage. when it's convenient I'll pay my $50 deductible and get it replaced. ������

sorry to hear this. my fear. please post back when repaired. so so sorry :'(

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I had a screen protector put on my Note 8 the moment it came out of the box and put it immediately in an Otterbox Defender after the screen protector was put on. I'd never use a glass phone naked for this very reason.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys. It literally fell like 7 inches after sliding right out of my pocket. Gorilla glass is NOT impact resistant at all apparently. I can live with this for a little while, especially after I get my case, won't be able to see the damage. when it's convenient I'll pay my $50 deductible and get it replaced. ??????

Can replace your phone by paying $50?

jay887

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Well maybe this will make you feel better....I was putting my hand out the window ....completely forgetting that I had my spen in my hand and it was gone with the wind fabulous. It's 50 bucks to get a new one through Samsung ....my sweet husband gave me his until we can either get one from Samsung or order one on amazon ????????????

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well maybe this will make you feel better....I was putting my hand out the window ....completely forgetting that I had my spen in my hand and it was gone with the wind fabulous. It's 50 bucks to get a new one through Samsung ....my sweet husband gave me his until we can either get one from Samsung or order one on amazon 😣😔
That's no good! I've seen quite a few former Note 7 users who have said they held on to their SPen and it she in the Note 8.... Maybe you can find one of them cheap? eBay or something?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams