I dropped my Note 8 and it was damaged

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well maybe this will make you feel better....I was putting my hand out the window ....completely forgetting that I had my spen in my hand and it was gone with the wind fabulous. It's 50 bucks to get a new one through Samsung ....my sweet husband gave me his until we can either get one from Samsung or order one on amazon
I'm pretty sure I still have two Note 7 S-pens. I could let one go if you want.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Ouch!! that hurts just looking at it. I would be crying my eyes out if that happened to me. Hope you can get it fixed at a reasonable price.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I just looked at the prices for that insurance. I seen it covers up to $899.The Note 8 isn't listed. How would it work for the Note 8 since it was more than $899?

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So I have had my new Note 8 for not even two full days aaaaannnnd this happens... I'm literally waiting on my case from Amazon to arrive, I have the phone in my left pocket. I go to sit on the carport stoop, and I immediately hear a 'CLACK' I look down and find my new beautiful Note screen cracked.

This thing is SLIPPERY AS HELL AND EQUALLY AS FRAGILE. Thank goodness I have really good third party insurance. 😁
Oh my goodness so sorry to hear that. Why would you put it in your pocket? Well I'm a female and I don't put things in my pocket nor even money and knowing how fragile this phone is I won't even drop down in my purse. I hope you get it fixed soon.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Oh my goodness so sorry to hear that. Why would you put it in your pocket? Well I'm a female and I don't put things in my pocket nor even money and knowing how fragile this phone is I won't even drop down in my purse. I hope you get it fixed soon.
I feel bad for him too, but I do occasionally put mine in my back pocket if I need both hands for something but my phone gets protected as soon as I get it, front and back. I know a lot of people like to go "naked" but this is a prime example of why I won't take the chance.

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
thanks again everyone. no worries, I'll get it fixed soon enough. 🙄 As far as my insurance goes, they worked with me to get adequate coverage since I've been with them for awhile. And finally, yes I tend to put phones in my pocket lol It's so darn slippery that the act of me sitting down caused it to slide right out and onto the ground. I'm not a case person in general but this baby will be getting one asap!

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well maybe this will make you feel better....I was putting my hand out the window ....completely forgetting that I had my spen in my hand and it was gone with the wind fabulous. It's 50 bucks to get a new one through Samsung ....my sweet husband gave me his until we can either get one from Samsung or order one on amazon 😣😔
I think I have a couple note 7 sPens laying around from the Note 7 that should work.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
This hurt me physically, lol.

Replaced my daughter's smashed iPhone SE screen yesterday for £25 delivered. Wonder how much the note8 ones are.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Man, I'm really sorry for you, this only reinforces my policy of always having a case on my phones from the time they leave the box (even if it's not the case I want) I like the Spigen Tough Armor I have been using. I had it before I even had the phone. (they were also very understanding during the Note 7 mess, sent me a Note 5 case to replace my Note 7 case)

Cheers,
BR

CraverEric

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I guess there is a benefit of pre-ordering and getting your phone late; I have case and screen protector waiting lol. Sorry about the phone! What a bummer.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That sucks.

I always get a case b4 my phone arrives. Ill even go to Worst Buy to get one, then return it once the ones I get from Amazon arrives.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Id sue amazon for delaying your case,
Man that sucks for your new phone Ill have to look into that insurance company, seems like a good deal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol