Just a quick question for any of you who actually use the S pen and Samsung Notes. I've had the original Note 10.1. the Note 4, Note 7, and Note 8. I know on older Note devices, S Note had the feature of handwriting to text. The newer Note's seem to have had that removed. However, if you hover your S pen in Samsung Notes near the flashing cursor, a little blue bubble appears with a "T" on it. If you touch that T, it switches your keyboard to a writing pad that then converts handwriting to text.

The issue for me, is on the Note 7 this worked perfectly no matter what keyboard I had installed. On the Note 8, I am only getting that writing pad if I am using the Samsung keyboard. I HATE the Samsung Keyboard and use the Gboard. But when the Gboard is enabled, touching the blue T bubble only pulls up the keyboard and not the writing pad. Anyone have any idea why this would have worked on the N7 and not with the N8?
    09-18-2017 11:00 AM
    Just a quick question for any of you who actually use the S pen and Samsung Notes. I've had the original Note 10.1. the Note 4, Note 7, and Note 8. I know on older Note devices, S Note had the feature of handwriting to text. The newer Note's seem to have had that removed. However, if you hover your S pen in Samsung Notes near the flashing cursor, a little blue bubble appears with a "T" on it. If you touch that T, it switches your keyboard to a writing pad that then converts handwriting to text.

The issue for me, is on the Note 7 this worked perfectly no matter what keyboard I had installed. On the Note 8, I am only getting that writing pad if I am using the Samsung keyboard. I HATE the Samsung Keyboard and use the Gboard. But when the Gboard is enabled, touching the blue T bubble only pulls up the keyboard and not the writing pad. Anyone have any idea why this would have worked on the N7 and not with the N8?
    That's an issue with Gboard. I just switched back to Swiftkey because of this reason and also because Swiftkey allows GIFS in messages.
    09-18-2017 11:14 AM

That's an issue with Gboard. I just switched back to Swiftkey because of this reason and also because Swiftkey allows GIFS in messages.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    09-18-2017 11:14 AM
    09-18-2017 11:16 AM
    mine works well using GBoard and the Samsung Message app. I have not tried it with Google Messages
    09-18-2017 03:37 PM