Parallel Space anyone use it?

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I used it on my note z force to play coc two accounts on one phone it had adds but only when you opened it had to watch something for a few seconds and not every time. Well now EVERYTIME I unlock my phone even if the alarm goes off I have to swipe away the darn add... not sure what the change is but I'm not paying 10 bucks to remove the adds. Anyone else use parallel space?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Why would you use Parallel Space on the Note 8 when you have Secure Folder on your Note 8? Already built in, uses less resources, and lets you do the same and then some (it's also more secure).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Secure folder?

Yeah, it's an app already installed in your phone (unless you're on a carrier version that disabled it, but I don't think any are doing that) that basically allows you to have password-protected files, documents, and apps, and it also allows for 'double' app installation, so you can use the same app with two different accounts and run at the same time (like what Parallel Space does).

The Note 8, on top of things, now supports 'two accounts' on some apps (Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp, etc.) without even using Secure Folder; you just activate the feature for the app and done, you can use two accounts. Not all apps support this 'native' feature, though, so for those you would have to resort to a second installation in Secure Folder (or apps like Parallel Space if you're so inclined).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's not on mine must be a Verizon thing... multiple accounts worked like a champ though thanks.

Mmm... I do believe you needed to 'accept' using Secure Folder when first setting up the device. If you go to your Lock Screen and Security Settings, do you see a 'Secure Folder' item there?

arpcpro

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm going with Parallel Space. On my S7 (European operator free) with Nougat there is not Secure folders. There is something called Private Mode but it is necessary to type a PIN code to use it. And it only works when the Private mode is open. We can't even see the notifications from the apps after closing it. Not very useful when we want to get notifications from multiple accounts.

camilojeda

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm going with Parallel Space. On my S7 (European operator free) with Nougat there is not Secure folders. There is something called Private Mode but it is necessary to type a PIN code to use it. And it only works when the Private mode is open. We can't even see the notifications from the apps after closing it. Not very useful when we want to get notifications from multiple accounts.

I leave this comment if it serves useful for you or any other Galaxy S7 user searching for this feature.

You have to enable Secure Folder con Settings. Just search for "Secure Floder" and you will get the rest.

Se debe habilitar Carpeta Segura en Ajustes. En la Lupa que se en la parte superior, busquen por "Carpeta Segura" y voilà.. El resto será fácil ;-)

misterbill99

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, it's an app already installed in your phone (unless you're on a carrier version that disabled it, but I don't think any are doing that) that basically allows you to have password-protected files, documents, and apps, and it also allows for 'double' app installation, so you can use the same app with two different accounts and run at the same time (like what Parallel Space does).

The Note 8, on top of things, now supports 'two accounts' on some apps (Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp, etc.) without even using Secure Folder; you just activate the feature for the app and done, you can use two accounts. Not all apps support this 'native' feature, though, so for those you would have to resort to a second installation in Secure Folder (or apps like Parallel Space if you're so inclined).

I know this is a very old thread and comment, but I really wanted to thank you for your post. I also had been using PS on my Samsung S10 and have been having problems recently with two grocery apps that have changed their login processing to use a browser instead of native in the app and would not complete signing me on after entering the info. Well, I tried them using Secure Folder, and they both worked! Clearly. app cloning is one of the best hidden features on the phone! I never would have guessing it with that name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance