I received the Note 8. I am not being picky here. But, my friends got it otherwise. Hence this question.

No seal on the black box. (I guess that's OK)
    The front and back of the phone have some bubbles w air/ dust (small but noticeable)

So, is it just me? Anyone else had a phone sent with bubbles/ dust on the screen?

Reference:

https://imgur.com/a/1GuqL
    09-18-2017 02:56 PM
    I received my Samsung-unlocked one (for my sister) without a seal, and T-Mobile version (for me) with a seal. As for the air bubbles, those are under the crappy screen protector from the factory. It's not meant to be placed perfectly or to endure as a screen protector at all: it should only protect it from scratches as it's going in and out of the box, that's it.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, to be honest.
    justafew likes this.
    09-18-2017 03:03 PM
    I received the Note 8. I am not being picky here. But, my friends got it otherwise. Hence this question.

No seal on the black box. (I guess that's OK)
    The front and back of the phone have some bubbles w air/ dust (small but noticeable)

So, is it just me? Anyone else had a phone sent with bubbles/ dust on the screen?

Reference:

https://imgur.com/a/1GuqL
    It looks like it might be the plastic film that covers the front and back of the phone when you first get it. Did you take the protective film off?
    09-18-2017 03:07 PM
    No seal on mine and same air bubbles everything was fine
    09-18-2017 03:12 PM
    same here, no seal and removed the factory protective film forthwith.
    09-18-2017 06:30 PM
    I still have my protective wrap on, front and back. once my screen protector arrives I'll take it off the front. I'm going to leave it on my back in case dirt or debris somehow gets between my case and the back of my phone. that way when the case is off for whatever it still has some sort of protection for scratches.
    09-18-2017 07:02 PM
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    09-18-2017 07:31 PM
    I still have my protective wrap on, front and back. once my screen protector arrives I'll take it off the front. I'm going to leave it on my back in case dirt or debris somehow gets between my case and the back of my phone. that way when the case is off for whatever it still has some sort of protection for scratches.
    Problem with that is that you have a nasty white sticker in the middle with your IMEI and device hardware information, and it's under the back protector. You can remove it, then re-apply the protector, but you will likely have bubbles and dust/fibers already sticking to the protector when you removed it (not to mention the smudges you'll have to clean from removing the white sticker).

If you're worried about that kind of thing and you are planning on removing your case frequently, I'd suggest a full-body skin or liquid-application body protectors. They're slim enough to be able to be used with a case and aren't as flimsy as the factory one.
    09-19-2017 12:29 PM
    Problem with that is that you have a nasty white sticker in the middle with your IMEI and device hardware information, and it's under the back protector. You can remove it, then re-apply the protector, but you will likely have bubbles and dust/fibers already sticking to the protector when you removed it (not to mention the smudges you'll have to clean from removing the white sticker).

If you're worried about that kind of thing and you are planning on removing your case frequently, I'd suggest a full-body skin or liquid-application body protectors. They're slim enough to be able to be used with a case and aren't as flimsy as the factory one.
    no problems at all. using a case, sticker removed, little tabs removed. can't even tell it's not a screen protector. all of that said this is a stop gap until my protector arrives. as for the back? no worries there either. I never even see the back unless I remove the case and it took two seconds to remove sticker and let the film relocate itself and no dust. no need to pay for separate skin either. thanks though.
    09-19-2017 12:40 PM