My cases under $10 arrived.

Currently using the Smoke Ringke Air. It's simple flexible TPU case that doesn't add much bulk. It has an adequate lip to protect the screen glass. The cut outs are where they need to be with no issues getting the S-Pen out. The buttons are responsive and don't require much force. There's a slight lip on the camera side of the back cutout that gently blends into an inner bevel to easily slide your finger onto the FPS. It's very well thought out. The transparent smoke allows you to still see some of the phone but is opaque enough that it doesn't look like you have a clear(ish) case on. Sidenote: I noticed this case has a cutout for a lanyard cord. Does another version of the Note8 have a hole for a strap?

I like the look of the Maxboost HyperPro Hybrid and tried it first. First impression was taking it out of the package. Upon opening it I noticed that the clear plastic back had smudges and fingerprints because there was no peel-off protective film you usually see with clear flat plastic cases. Spigen and others have this. It's not a big deal since it will instantly get smudges and fingerprints, just goes to initial impressions on quality but what do you expect from a $7 case. The outer portion is thick and rubbery with an inner "skeleton". Thicker than the Air but not too bulky like a full Otterbox. For how thick it is though I would have expected a little more lip over the front glass for better protection. (it was slightly less than the Ringke Air) The cutout for the camera and fingerprint sensor is not beveled. You can get to the sensor but you have to be right on and you can really feel the hard cutout edge. The buttons are really stiff but may get better with time. The thickness of the outer part is good for drops but makes it hard to get the stylus out. it's DEEP inside there. The hole is a bit wider which helps get your finger in from one side to get it but it's going to take some getting used to. My thumb definitely doesn't fit. I like that you can see the orange "skeleton" through the smokey gray. That's why picked this one originally. I tried it for a while but switched back to the Ringke.
    09-18-2017 06:44 PM
    09-18-2017 06:49 PM
    nice. thanks for the intel
    09-18-2017 09:00 PM