Yesterday 08:18 PM
101 123 ...
tools
    Hey, I'm having issues with Note8 getting fullscreen videos on YouTube. I had another before this(I had to exchange due to issues and defects) and when I factory reset it, I could watch in fullscreen. I've reset this one twice, did the whole uninstall reinstall youtube. Nothing's working. Anyone have any working ideas?
    09-19-2017 12:36 AM
    Hey, I'm having issues with Note8 getting fullscreen videos on YouTube. I had another before this(I had to exchange due to issues and defects) and when I factory reset it, I could watch in fullscreen. I've reset this one twice, did the whole uninstall reinstall youtube. Nothing's working. Anyone have any working ideas?
    I don't get what people mean by full screen Youtube?..do you mean full scream in portrait mode? I didn't even know that was possible. I would think the video would look hideously stretched no?
    09-19-2017 02:33 AM
    I had the same problem, I unistalled youtube and installed itback then it worked fine with the fullscreen
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-19-2017 07:38 AM
    The YouTube video has to support it. Some video give the icon and some don't. This one does.

debdroid1a likes this.
    09-19-2017 07:56 AM
    I used to have a crop to fit icon for YouTube vids and now it's missing. Anyone else have this issue?
    11-14-2017 01:54 PM
    Hey all, so I recently exchanged my Note 8 for a newer one because my previous one was having a charging issue. When I switched from one phone to another I used the Samsung Smart switch. After I transferred everything but my apps, I opened YouTube (which come pre-installed), and the crop-to-fit feature is absent.
    I've tried uninstalling the app, updating it and then opening it again and nothing. I also cleared my cache and memory (ram) from my device and it still won't show up.
    I made sure the app was selected on the setting that lets you use the edges of the screen but it still won't budge. Any suggestions on what anyone has done to fix this issue or tips?
    Thank you all for your time and for reading this long post.
    11-14-2017 02:31 PM
    I'm having this issue too!. I don't know what happened. I recently exchanged my Note 8 for a new one using smart switch and now it won't display. Now, I'm not blaming it on smart switch, but it's just something I like to point out in case it makes anyone discern something obscure that might cause it. But it is rather weird. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it remains the same. Its even optimized to use the whole screen and the little button still won't pop up 😕
    11-14-2017 02:38 PM
    Working on mine running youtube version 12.43.52
    11-14-2017 02:42 PM
    no issues here. are you sure it's just not hiding in an unusual place that you're not used to seeing it at? when you tap the video to see the icon it's probably hiding somewhere within the video.
    11-14-2017 02:53 PM
    no issues here. are you sure it's just not hiding in an unusual place that you're not used to seeing it at? when you tap the video to see the icon it's probably hiding somewhere within the video.
    Not not at all, it just doesn't appear, its very weird. I guess I'll wait until YouTube rolls out another update or find a fix. Really bums me out because the screen on this phone is so gorgeous
    11-14-2017 02:55 PM
    Not not at all, it just doesn't appear, its very weird. I guess I'll wait until YouTube rolls out another update or find a fix. Really bums me out because the screen on this phone is so gorgeous
    That is weird. The version I have is their latest version 12.43.52
    11-14-2017 03:00 PM
    I have the same version too, hopefully it fixes soon smh
    11-14-2017 03:06 PM
    I'm having the same issue as well. I tried uninstalling,disabling youtube, cache removal and it still doesn't work. I hope it gets better as I can't videos in such a small size.
    11-14-2017 03:49 PM
    This is really annoying. Had the same issue. I managed to solve it temporarily by doing a factory reset (make sure everything is back up) and then restore. It worked and then I updated a few apps and things and it went again. Frustrating. Already restored a few times due to bugs so can't fave doing it again. If anyone works out how to fix be sure to post.
    11-14-2017 06:38 PM
    I call Samsung, to make a long story short, we basically have to wait for an update that is directed towards this issue. Like a bug fix or something, it is a 3rd party app after all. The service rep also told me that people at Samsung are going to look over the issue and see what they can do.
    My course of action is going to be to call again and use my ticket number if on the next bug fix update the issue doesn't get solved. I'll post here again for any future updates or make a new thread.
    11-14-2017 07:06 PM
    I noticed this issue appearing after I updated the software to the October patch. YouTube needs to make a fix for it. hopefully they update it soon!
    11-14-2017 07:58 PM
    I havent had any updates, still the crop to fit button disappeared as of 14th. Its really annoying for some reason. Any one got any further information regarding the same?
    11-14-2017 10:26 PM
    same issue here
    11-14-2017 10:33 PM
    Happening to me also...this sux
    11-15-2017 02:45 AM
    Yep, happened to me yesterday. No more crop to fit button.
    11-15-2017 05:34 AM
    Same here, did all reinstalled etc..nothing. hope they will fix this soon
    11-15-2017 08:57 AM
    WTH, I used it yesterday and as soon as i read this I tried it and its not working...
    11-15-2017 09:45 AM
    Mine just stop working too. Really don't want to flash reset. Hoping a fix will come soon.
    11-15-2017 10:20 AM
    Have same problem from 15th november
    Slept wake up and crop fit icon missing
    Tried clear data cache, old version,black edition
    Nothinf working
    11-15-2017 11:29 AM
    I have a Note 8 since Sept 5th, and until yesterday, I had a full-screen button on landscape mode in You Tube. WHAT HAPPENED??? I will NOT factory reset for this, and I've rebooted, cleared cache/cache partition, uninstalled updates, I did everything I can think of, but what really pisses me off is that I did NOTHING to cause this! I didn't install any new apps, didn't even change any settings...it just disappeared! What gives?
    Enzo1968 likes this.
    11-15-2017 12:24 PM
101 123 ...