Should i update to this phone?

mishyman

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
So I got the s6 I like it and all but the battery life sucks so i want to know if i should i update to this phone? or should i wait in till the s9 comes out?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So I got the s6 I like it and all but the battery life sucks so i want to know if i should i update to this phone? or should i wait in till the s9 comes out?

I'll tell you upfront right now. The note8 is an amazing phone. Best note since the note7. Fellow note8 lovers can tell you what they like about it. But in all honesty, it's really only you that can answer this question. I would look thru alot of the topics on this note8 forum and watch some hands-on reviews on YouTube. But like I said the note8 is awesome in my opinion. Also depends on whether or not you like the spen option also.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
You will see a big difference between the s6 and note 8 it's worth the upgrade. Unfortunately device batteries only last about 2 years which almost forces us to get new devices. They should bring back the removable batteries.

mishyman

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You will see a big difference between the s6 and note 8 it's worth the upgrade. Unfortunately device batteries only last about 2 years which almost forces us to get new devices. They should bring back the removable batteries.

yeah I wish that they bring back the removable batteries but now that they are forcing us to buy new phones so they can get more money out of us

Old g

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
yeah I wish that they bring back the removable batteries but now that they are forcing us to buy new phones so they can get more money out of us

Samsung new battery technology in the s8 and note 8 is said to last long . So you'll he good for more then 2 years. Beside I've tried those cheap replacement battery back in the day an they where never better then the original battery

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I am on the fence, convince me

I currently have the S8, I've had Note's in the past and I really like the s-pen. I pre-ordered the Note 8 for my wife and I've played with it and like it however there is one thing holding me back. I keep my phone in my pocket daily, I use it in the gym (for music), etc. the size is the one thing that I am hesitant on. It is big in my front pocket. I love the size of the screen when I am using it however I am concerned about it being too big in my pocket.

Am I making too much of it? For those that carry it around in your front pockets how is it?

I can take advantage of T-Mobile BOGO (although I'd have to add a line temporarily).

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: I am on the fence, convince me

I currently have the S8, I've had Note's in the past and I really like the s-pen. I pre-ordered the Note 8 for my wife and I've played with it and like it however there is one thing holding me back. I keep my phone in my pocket daily, I use it in the gym (for music), etc. the size is the one thing that I am hesitant on. It is big in my front pocket. I love the size of the screen when I am using it however I am concerned about it being too big in my pocket.

Am I making too much of it? For those that carry it around in your front pockets how is it?

I can take advantage of T-Mobile BOGO (although I'd have to add a line temporarily).
I carry mines in my front pocket. But of course the pocket should be deep. I'm always 100% contagious that my phone is in my pocket. Don't make too much of it.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, I am a bit biased toward the Note but I have always had a Note. as to what you should do...
What do you want to do (what features are important to you) Does the s-pen matter to you.. Does the Note 8 have/do the things that matter to you? When you have answered these you will know. That's the awesome thing about the variety of devices... so many choices.. :)
The Note 8 is really Awesome tho... ;)

Cheers,
BR

mj0528

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the note 6 and it was amazing but it was big. I need to one hand it sometimes and get frustrated when I can't so I went with the s8 which is still IMO a large phone but it's probably the biggest phone that I can one hand pretty easily. S8 is also amazing! I would love the extra ram though! That video comparing the 2 is eye opening but the new will wear off and I'll be stuck with a phone i can't one hand with the note. S8 fits me pretty well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair