How do i disable pop up texts messages

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I can't figure out how to stop incoming text messages from popping up on the screen. There use to be an option to turn off pop up messages in the app settings but now it's gone. Very annoying

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Messages>settings>notifications

There should be a toggle switch next to pop up display.... Does turning that off help?

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
You were correct sir. No more pop ups. Thanks for the help. Now if only i could stop WhatsApp from doing the same thing. I have pop ups turned off but i still get them.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You were correct sir. No more pop ups. Thanks for the help. Now if only i could stop WhatsApp from doing the same thing. I have pop ups turned off but i still get them.
No problem, glad it helped!

Sorry, WhatsApp is out of my wheelhouse...

Dvora Sintes

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
I think my pop up problem is different, and I'm beginning to suspect it can't be fixed. The pop ups that are really bothering me are when I'm reading a news story or interview and everything stops as an ad covers the screen. Most have an X so you can exit, but lately I've had some that I can't get out of without completely exiting the story and starting over when it happens again. And then there are the intruders who claim 1. That you've won something or 2. You have a terrible virus. Backing out of these things burns me up and once you're clear and try the article again, the whole scenario is repeated to the point that I can't read the article. These aren't app ads and I have virus protection. Is there anything I can do?

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
this is funny. i wanted the pop up for hangout notification in lock screen, but it does not work i even set hangout to priority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12