11-14-2019 11:35 PM
113 1234 ...
tools
    Auto correct should have been note 4
    so how many times have you typed Note 8, for spell check to assume that you typing Note 4 was just a crazy mistake.
    09-20-2017 01:33 PM
    I am sure I typed it wrong. Sorry. Geez
    09-20-2017 01:36 PM
    That sucks. I was hoping there wouldn't be anymore battery issues since Samsung upped their game in the battery testing department.
    09-20-2017 01:56 PM
    Thats just sad then these cell phone companies want 1,000 plus for there phone
    09-20-2017 02:40 PM
    Hope the next one that comes in is fine.
    Brand new one still in sealed box with all accessories. At least I got a new set of accessories with it.
    09-20-2017 07:57 PM
    Try holding volume down,power button and the home button all at same time
    No Luck....
    Would this work with the Non Physical home button?
    09-20-2017 07:58 PM
    How long are you waiting after charging to try to power it back on? I had an old Note 8 that had to be back up to around 10% before it would turn back on.
    This could be a possibility. Since I was at work both times I did not wait for it to charge long before trying to turn back on.
    09-20-2017 07:59 PM
    Eh, well, technically it is VERY bad for a lithium ion battery to hit "true" 0% charge. So much so that many batteries are designed not to charge once they are completely drained. HOWEVER, the batteries are usually calibrated in a way that 0% isn't TRUE 0% (there's actually some charge still left over). This is done to avoid end users from letting the battery fully deplete. I wonder if that didn't quite work out as intended in the case of your phones? Not sure.
    I agree. However sometimes not possible. For example I was on a phone call this time with no access to power.
    You would think they would have better protection to make this not happen.
    09-20-2017 08:01 PM
    My spare s7 is always dead. Never doesn't charge for me. Sucks that happened to you
    AZwldcats likes this.
    09-20-2017 08:16 PM
    My wife's AT&T Note 8 died and she left it dead over night because she was at work with no charger. Plugged it in when she got home next day. No issues. Powered right on.
    09-20-2017 09:01 PM
    I've seen this happen before in the past. Try this: plug your cable in a USB 2.0 charging port typically found on desktop computers. A USB port on most computers measures .25 amps compared to 2.0 amps on most chargers. The trick is to bring the battery up slowly. Leave it plugged in for a half hour then check and see if it's charging. If it is wait until the battery is at least 5% before plugging it back in the wall charger.
    09-20-2017 09:05 PM
    I've had mine deplete itself on day 1 and charged to full charge with no issues. Same with an S8, and S7 Edge, and any other phone I've owned. S8 ran out of juice a few times when I fell asleep and forgot to charge; still was working when I turned it in.
    09-21-2017 12:48 PM
    I let mine deplete last night. It charged just fine.
    09-21-2017 01:24 PM
    No Luck....
    Would this work with the Non Physical home button?
    Sure does, my niece's S8+ locked up with black screen, did this a few times & finally it started. Sorry it didn't work for you...
    09-22-2017 01:42 PM
    I just let my phone die and it charged right up
    09-24-2017 04:48 PM
    One of my original S7 Edge phones that I bought on prerelease has a cracked display. I still power it up occasionally because it still works 100%. The battery went dead for about a month. I had to keep it plugged into the charger for about 30 minutes before the battery animation would come up on the display. Once that happened, I was able to power it on with no problems.
    09-24-2017 07:06 PM
    Yes, this issue is real! This happened to my son's Note8 this past Friday. He let the battery die on a trip (which honestly shouldn't be a problem). It wouldn't charge later. No red led. Nothing. I've already run my own Note8 completely down myself with no issue charging later. I've never seen this with any phone. Even with rooted & rommed phones I've been able to bring them back to life.

The verizon folks tried everything (all kinds of combinations) and they ended up ordering a replacement under warranty so no charge of course, but what a pain. They couldn't even hard reset it!

Now yesterday (while watching football) we simply "held the power & the volume down while charging" for 10 seconds and boom! First we saw some weird charging circle we've never seen before. And then finally we saw the 1% charging info. We knew were good then. We were willing to hard reset, but wanted to avoid it if possible of course.

While we were out & about yesterday we went by verizon to cancel the order and they said we it's too late. The replacement is on it's way. They said to just return it. Either way as much as I love this phone this should NOT be happening.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    10-08-2017 04:07 PM
    If this happens again, just leave it plugged in to the charger for about an hour. Once you see the green battery with the %, you can turn on the phone.
    11B1P likes this.
    10-08-2017 04:17 PM
    If this happens again, just leave it plugged in to the charger for about an hour. Once you see the green battery with the %, you can turn on the phone.
    Thanks, but not in our case as it was plugged in for well over an hour. And nada.
    10-08-2017 04:22 PM
    My old rotary phone will never die
    10-09-2017 04:16 PM
    I'm in the middle of dealing with this myself. I unfortunately don't have premium care and had to send my phone back to Samsung yesterday. I tried everything except the "stack charging" method mentioned. Has that worked for anyone? It's too late for me to try it as I have already sent my Note back to Samsung, just curious.
    11-21-2017 09:41 AM
    Thanks, but not in our case as it was plugged in for well over an hour. And nada.
    I have heard, no joke, that plugging and unplugging several times over (like in resuscitation) can help generate enough of a burst to get it charging. never tried it myself, but it was posted here.
    11-21-2017 09:44 AM
    So In the last months I have had 2 Samsung phones brick on me. Both same symptons.

3 weeks ago my Work issued Verizon S8 ran completely dead. Battery to 0% and shut down. When I got back to power and plugged it in... Nada.. Zilch.
    For a sec vibrated and circle charge indicator that almost immediately went away. After that Never showed charging again.
    Tried:
    Hold power for minutes.
    Hold Power + Volume for a minute
    Hold Power + VOlume Down.
    Hold Power + Bixby
    Hold Power + Bixby + Volume Up
    Hold Power + Bixby + Volume Down

Tried Different chargers and cables and wireless charging.

All made zero change
    Had to get a Warranty swap

Last night my Note 8 also drained to 0% and Shut down,
    When I got back to power and plugged it in... Nada.. Zilch.
    For a sec vibrated and circle charge indicator that almost immediately went away.

Tried same things as above. No Change.
    Had to book a claim with Premium Care. Will have a new one tomorrow.

Don't know what's up but 2 Sammy phones did same thing in a month. Odd.....
    I bet they're rebuilt ones.
    I had a refurbished one sent and it did the she thing.
    I demanded a new one,. Checked the Serial number and it was new no problems.
    stay with it
    11-21-2017 11:27 AM
    Brand new one still in sealed box with all accessories. At least I got a new set of accessories with it.
    Yes
    11-21-2017 11:28 AM
    One thing to try if you end up with a problem on zero % is to plug it into a USB port on the computer instead of the fast charger, hour or two and it should have slow/trickle charged enough to be turned on and back on fast charger
    11-21-2017 12:06 PM
113 1234 ...