Warning!! Do not let your battery die!

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I bet you could have revived it by stack charging. Plug in for 30 seconds , and unplug for 30 seconds. Repeat for about 10 or 20 cycles. I have revived smart phones and tablets that have run to zero and wouldn't do anything a number of times. This process stacks enough of a charge for the phones charging management to take over.
Are you suggesting cell phone CPR??? Don't forget to press the screen 5 times between cycles! 😂

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Hate to say it but Galaxy phones have always been notorious for sudden death when fully discharged.

This goes back to the gs3 I owned.

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
So In the last months I have had 2 Samsung phones brick on me. Both same symptons.

3 weeks ago my Work issued Verizon S8 ran completely dead. Battery to 0% and shut down. When I got back to power and plugged it in... Nada.. Zilch.
For a sec vibrated and circle charge indicator that almost immediately went away. After that Never showed charging again.
Tried:
Hold power for minutes.
Hold Power + Volume for a minute
Hold Power + VOlume Down.
Hold Power + Bixby
Hold Power + Bixby + Volume Up
Hold Power + Bixby + Volume Down

Tried Different chargers and cables and wireless charging.

All made zero change
Had to get a Warranty swap

Last night my Note 8 also drained to 0% and Shut down,
When I got back to power and plugged it in... Nada.. Zilch.
For a sec vibrated and circle charge indicator that almost immediately went away.

Tried same things as above. No Change.
Had to book a claim with Premium Care. Will have a new one tomorrow.

Don't know what's up but 2 Sammy phones did same thing in a month. Odd.....

Try holding volume down,power button and the home button all at same time

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
That sucks. I was hoping there wouldn't be anymore battery issues since Samsung upped their game in the battery testing department.

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
How long are you waiting after charging to try to power it back on? I had an old Note 8 that had to be back up to around 10% before it would turn back on.

This could be a possibility. Since I was at work both times I did not wait for it to charge long before trying to turn back on.

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Eh, well, technically it is VERY bad for a lithium ion battery to hit "true" 0% charge. So much so that many batteries are designed not to charge once they are completely drained. HOWEVER, the batteries are usually calibrated in a way that 0% isn't TRUE 0% (there's actually some charge still left over). This is done to avoid end users from letting the battery fully deplete. I wonder if that didn't quite work out as intended in the case of your phones? Not sure.

I agree. However sometimes not possible. For example I was on a phone call this time with no access to power.
You would think they would have better protection to make this not happen.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
My wife's AT&T Note 8 died and she left it dead over night because she was at work with no charger. Plugged it in when she got home next day. No issues. Powered right on.

bhop42

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this happen before in the past. Try this: plug your cable in a USB 2.0 charging port typically found on desktop computers. A USB port on most computers measures .25 amps compared to 2.0 amps on most chargers. The trick is to bring the battery up slowly. Leave it plugged in for a half hour then check and see if it's charging. If it is wait until the battery is at least 5% before plugging it back in the wall charger.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine deplete itself on day 1 and charged to full charge with no issues. Same with an S8, and S7 Edge, and any other phone I've owned. S8 ran out of juice a few times when I fell asleep and forgot to charge; still was working when I turned it in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21