Warning!! Do not let your battery die!

utimatum

Dec 24, 2017
Visit site
I just want to stop and thank everyone who contributed here. I was trying the stacked charging while reading through the mostly helpful comments and then I gave up. I did try holding the power and vol. down buttons for about 10 second and my phone booted up! It didn't do a hard reset (tank da lurd) and it was at 51%. I don't know what all worked but trying a little of this and that helped. Merry Christmas.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
eBay and yes it was either that or wait for Samsung to send my phone back next year and probably charge me to replace the glass back for $150 which is bs because it's wasn't the problem I could have lived with it my screen glass is fine. It's just not acceptable that I'm getting told that my warranty is void because I broke the back glass from dropping my phone twice and then one day I'm watching YouTube and batteries dies and never charges until I did all that. P.S. I work as a phone technicians with puls anyways so I was like I'M GOING TO FIX THIS.... f... AMSUNG!

you seriously don't have to explain Samsung support to me LOL been there and never going back, wiped my privates in the t-shirt even.
983 quid later on a pre-order being a loyal customer and just being told to f.... off... aaarrgghhhh..

Lu Ford

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
I wonder why we all are putting up with this mess and causing irritation to ourselves? ?!! We pay high dollar for these NEW AND IMPROVED phones and this should not happen to any of us!! It is obviously the phone that is at fault because we ALL are having battery problems so it can not be all of us phone owners that are at fault!! I can see one or two people having the same problem but look at all of us here in just this one spot with the same problem! ! Samsung has sealed the back of the new phones so we can't even try to buy a new battery to fix the problem! Instead we have to pay a repair shop just to even open it up and tell us it doesn't work!!! If your phone is under warranty you shouldn't have any problems but it's still a hassle you shouldn't have to go thru when you pay that much for a name brand and trusted item!! I'm sure Samsung apologizes each time this happens but my point is it should not be happening and happening to SO MANY OF US??!! Somehow this needs to stop. It's just not fair!! I know I myself have better things to do with my time than try to figure out why my $800.00 plus new phone doesn't work! !?? Am I just grumpy in my old age or does ANYONE agree with me??!! If so, what can we do??! I know there is an implied expectation when you buy something new that it is going to work. Same implied expectation the store has that your check or credit card is going to be good so they get paid for the phone!!?? You know they would be hot on your trail if your payment didn't go thru. So what's the difference? ! Why do we have to all put up with Samsung's ineptness?? Does anybody agree with me, maybe together this problem would draw more attention from Samsung than just one unhappy customer at a time?! I just am tired of it and wonder what ever happened to the old add age The CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT? ?!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
My S7 was sitting in a drawer for two days with a battery case on and 80% charged. I tried to turn it on. Zero. Battery case had zero charge. Nothing worked so I assumed totally flat battery. Plugged it in charger =zero response. Took it to Samsung experience shop, they plugged it in and it showed charging. Still haven't worked out what happened? Wireless charger had a glitch? Both had a glitch... Who knows...
Is normal again now!

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
i have found the solution. this happened to me last night into today. i tried everything!!!! just got note 8 a week ago. phone died over night and went completely dead. i read one of the comments on here and sparked an idea. with the battery needing a lower voltage to begin a charge than the fast charge puts out. so what i did was find an old android charger or fire stick charger is actually what i used. i attached adapter that come with phone in box so will fit in note 8. then plugged USB into an old laptop i have with USB 2.0. this put out a low enough voltage to trickle charge it where the screen popped on the circle and just lighting bolt with no percentage of battery charge. i let sit for about ten minutes then switched back to my fast charger and its working!!!! beyond ecstatic right now. thought i lost everything.

Just more proof that "fast charging" is a terrible gimmick that either doesn't work at times, like you've seen or shorterns the life of the battery. It's by far safer to charge the battery with low Amps like 200-400 mAh versus 2Amps that has to be hard on the battery.

Longer and lower Amps the better. Fast charging is a response to low capacity batteries. But there is no free lunch.

darkpower_4

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was using wireless alot. But also a plug and it doesn't matter either way! Btw i can't let my phone die or it still doesnt charge after. I'm turning it off at 5% manually if I don't have a way to charge it right then. And I don't use cheap chargers only oem or Anker for my car.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I was using wireless alot. But also a plug and it doesn't matter either way! Btw i can't let my phone die or it still doesnt charge after. I'm turning it off at 5% manually if I don't have a way to charge it right then. And I don't use cheap chargers only oem or Anker for my car.

You probably, back up your phone and do a warranty exchange.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Is this problem exclusive to the Snapdragon versions? I read somewhere today that it appeared to be mostly if not all U.S based handsets with this issue?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I think it's unfair to say that all N8 owners have this battery problem. They don't. While there are several complaints about wireless charging problems, not everyone has that issue, either. Only Samsung knows how extensive these problems are.
While it has to be a pita for anyone with a problem, that's what warranties are for. Don't expect a recall of everyone's phone unless they begin exploding again.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Even without this issue, you shouldn't be letting your battery die in the first place anyway. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I read this is a known issue with Samsung and they are replacing phone on a case by case. Either way, glad to know you fixed your phone

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Li-ion battery is full at 4.3V.
Dead at 3.6V. It shuts down around 3.55V.

Put a voltage meter app. It's the most useful thing there is battery-wise. It also measures temp. You don't want to hit 40C.

for best battery heatlth:

1. Don't go below 3.7V, start charging then

2. Charge when the phone is off.

3. Charge with low Amps, turn off fast charging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463