Woke up this morning to a brick.

Ohioan

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
When I went to bed last night I plugged my note 8 in to the charger that came with it. My alarm failed to go off this morning, but the backup on my fitbit woke me up. Checked my phone, and it's completely dead. Doesn't respond to anything. Checked the charger to see if it somehow got unplugged from the outlet, but nope that's working fine.

Looks like a visit to Verizon is in order. Anyone else?

Note 8, firmware update on Sunday, battery was at around 75% when I plugged of in.

Ohioan

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, I chatted with Verizon. It was just a soft brick. I held the volume down and the power button for 30 seconds and it went to the bootloader. I has then able to power up the phone.

anon(9691750)

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Well, I chatted with Verizon. It was just a soft brick. I held the volume down and the power button for 30 seconds and it went to the bootloader. I has then able to power up the phone.
Well that's good. Still shouldn't have done that. But glad it still works for you.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well my device completely locked up today. Wouldn't do anything not even a hard reset. Went to att and they couldn't even fix it. They ended up giving me a new device. They couldn't figure it out. Even tech support couldn't fix it.

At least they let me keep my old s pen and gave me all the new accessories. But sucks to have to set the device up all over again.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Well my device completely locked up today. Wouldn't do anything not even a hard reset. Went to att and they couldn't even fix it. They ended up giving me a new device. They couldn't figure it out. Even tech support couldn't fix it.

At least they let me keep my old s pen and gave me all the new accessories. But sucks to have to set the device up all over again.

wow. very sorry to hear.

YaniCruz

Sep 5, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. It happens. At least they took care of it.

Just wondering. Did you purchase from the store or online? I ordered online and att corporate store didn't even offer one of the notes they had at the store they told me since I ordered online I had to call.