09-22-2017 07:01 AM
53 123
tools
    So I finally got my Verizon note 8 yesterday. Spent the whole day setting it up and I've noticed a very minor but annoying issue. If I push the power button to turn the display off, for a split second before the screen goes off the display turns to black & white. I can't believe this would be normal and never noticed it on my other Samsung phones. Just wondering if anyone else's does this also. Thanks.
    09-20-2017 09:32 AM
    So I finally got my Verizon note 8 yesterday. Spent the whole day setting it up and I've noticed a very minor but annoying issue. If I push the power button to turn the display off, for a split second before the screen goes off the display turns to black & white. I can't believe this would be normal and never noticed it on my other Samsung phones. Just wondering if anyone else's does this also. Thanks.
    I cannot duplicate this issue on mine.
    09-20-2017 09:39 AM
    I cannot duplicate this issue on mine.
    This is what I'm afraid of. It is very quick right before it goes black. If you blink you'll miss it
    09-20-2017 10:19 AM
    Try a factory reset? Maybe that would help
    09-20-2017 10:37 AM
    did you try clearing the phone cache?
    09-20-2017 10:39 AM
    did you try clearing the phone cache?
    Yeah, just tried it
    09-20-2017 10:57 AM
    Try a factory reset? Maybe that would help
    I'm hoping to avoid that since I took all day setting it up yesterday
    09-20-2017 10:58 AM
    I notice this on mine yesterday too -.- it's for a split second but I am able to see it run from color to black and then it turns off. But not too worried as I'm getting a replacement for the phone for something else.
    09-20-2017 11:28 AM
    I'm hoping to avoid that since I took all day setting it up yesterday
    Back up your phone using Samsung Cloud which will restore everything back to how it was when yuo backed it up. It will put all folders, wallpapers, settings, etc. back to the way it was.

I heard Verizon removed that feature on their phones but I'm not too sure.
    09-20-2017 11:28 AM
    Back up your phone using Samsung Cloud which will restore everything back to how it was when yuo backed it up. It will put all folders, wallpapers, settings, etc. back to the way it was.

Yeah, Samsung cloud isn't available on my phone. Just did Antutu benchmark test on mine and it ranked it below the s8+in almost every category
    09-20-2017 11:37 AM
    I notice this on mine yesterday too -.- it's for a split second but I am able to see it run from color to black and then it turns off. But not too worried as I'm getting a replacement for the phone for something else.
    Is yours the Verizon version?
    09-20-2017 11:38 AM
    Yeah, Samsung cloud isn't available on my phone. Just did Antutu benchmark test on mine and it ranked it below the s8+in almost every category
    Hmm I'm coming from the S8+ and the Note 8 is noticeably faster to me.

Are you using TouchWiz or Nova...Nova has a backup feature which saves ur backup to Google Drive
    09-20-2017 11:47 AM
    Hmm I'm coming from the S8+ and the Note 8 is noticeably faster to me.

Are you using TouchWiz or Nova...Nova has a backup feature which saves ur backup to Google Drive
    Touchwiz, I'm also coming from an s8+
    09-20-2017 11:55 AM
    That's not normal. I have the T-Mobile variant with no such issues.
    09-20-2017 12:07 PM
    Both my S8+ and Note 8 do the same thing. I never thought much of it. I don't think it is a problem.
    09-20-2017 12:10 PM
    Is yours the Verizon version?
    Mine is in AT&T
    09-20-2017 12:12 PM
    Mine is AT&T also.
    09-20-2017 12:15 PM
    I did have an AT&T play with the developer options because he was doing a diagnostics test. It could be something from there. Like after he was done my screen will only turn off after 10 mins so I had to go into settings and change that. So I definitely think it could just be something he touched.
    09-20-2017 12:18 PM

I don't think I've had Samsung cloud on any of my 4 Samsung phones. Sorry 3 since note7 failed. Guess that probably why I didn't know Samsung had a cloud cause Verizon put their Verizon cloud on them.
    09-20-2017 12:28 PM
    Both my S8+ and Note 8 do the same thing. I never thought much of it. I don't think it is a problem.
    Well, at least I'm not the only one. There has got to be something causing it though
    09-20-2017 12:43 PM
    Well, at least I'm not the only one. There has got to be something causing it though
    It think it is just the animation they use for locking the screen. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.
    09-20-2017 12:48 PM
    It's by design. It's not a defect. It's been present in every Samsung phone since the S6.
    09-20-2017 01:45 PM
    It's by design. It's not a defect. It's been present in every Samsung phone since the S6.
    Then why does my s6, s7 edge, two note 7's and s8+ not do it? Most of the people on here have said it's not normal and theirs doesn't do it
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-20-2017 02:00 PM
    Then why does my s6, s7 edge, two note 7's and s8+ not do it? Most of the people on here have said it's not normal and theirs doesn't do it
    Yeah. Same here. My s6 edge plus, note 5 2 note7 and note8 doesn't do it.
    09-20-2017 02:05 PM
    This doesn't seem to be a defect. I have a Verizon Note 8 and mine does it. I just assumed it was part of the lock animation. I never thought it was a defect. It totally looks intentional to me. I am not worried about it at all.
    09-20-2017 02:38 PM
53 123