What device did you come from just before getting a Note8?

CapScarlet

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
iPhone 6s plus. I bought a Note 8 through AT&T at Best Buy on the weekend of 9/16, but returned it the next day out of fear and anxiety. Having missed the Note 8 all week I did more research on YouTube and the web (including this awesome site!!), went back to BB and purchased an unlocked Note last weekend! 3 days later, I'm still happy I gave the Galaxy Note a second chance!

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: I WIN!!!! :)

Hope you and your wife and enjoy the Note8s and get many years of usage out of them. With 6GB RAM, Dual cameras and 18:9 Display ratio, these babies are pretty future proof. I highly doubt we will see much of a jump especially in RAM anytime soon in mobile. Most manufacturers will probably stick to 4GB RAM on most of their phones and put 6GB in their top end offerings.

Thanks! So far, we're really loving these phones. I have mine on a modified fast-charging dock, watching live TV via DirecTV right now, while I type this on a desktop PC. These things have really excellent displays.

InFredAble

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I came from the Galaxy S6. The S6 was a great phone in terms of design and performance, but the battery life was just awful for me. I disabled everything I could and restricted background data on almost everything and the only way to make it through the work day with moderate use was to keep it in battery saver.

The Note 8 is my first Note phone and I absolutely love it. I can go 2 days on a single charge with light to moderate use and the screen is amazing. I didn't think I would like the infinity display, but I was wrong. I don't use the stylus all that much right now, but I like having it because it does make certain things easier (photo editing, copying text). Also, the 6gb of ram is a nice touch. I just got my Dex station in the mail and can't wait to try it out!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
A Moto Z

Honestly, it wasn’t a bad phone, but the Nougat update completely tanked the experience. Where I was able to get close to a day on a single charge and didn’t get overly warm under my usual usage patterns, post-update, the battery life tanked and the phone constantly overheated to the point of throttling, made worse by a Motomod. To make matters worse, OTAs would brick the device, and after plugging in a third-party cable, it gave me 2 electrical shocks. I presume the cable is not properly grounded but shouldn’t the USB port be shielded as well?
EE6F7089-1320-4EAB-AD47-EB20E4E43B95.jpg

Jason Rogers1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
IPhone 7 Plus here. I still have the 7 plus debating on switching to android full time. Been an Apple fan boy since the original IPhone along with every other Apple device. Getting away from the eco system isn't easy though. The note 8 is pretty amazing so far

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I was using the iPhone 7plus for about 3 months. Then I found out I can use my jump and pre-ordered the Note 8 and never looked back.

CraverEric

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Moto Z Force. I wasn't happy having my Note7 ripped from my warm lively hands. The AOD on the Moto was way more practical, it only came on when hand was waved over it. I don't like it "always" being on.

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
S7 Edge. Didn't hold a candle to the Note7. I was glad to see it go. Just hope Sammy gives the full $425 for the exchange.