12-01-2017 11:21 PM
63 123
tools
    Your signal might cause that, also you can disable Always On Display in order to save more battery.

What your brightness level, is it maximum?
    09-20-2017 02:53 PM
    Evohicks Not being funny mate but Whats that got to do with my battery life?im trying to find put if my new phone is faulty or not
    09-20-2017 02:55 PM
    My signal might cause what ?what are you talking about bro?
    Screen is on just under half way brightness
    09-20-2017 02:56 PM
    Radio signal strength, mobile data, it should be 4 bars or 3 for best battery life performance.

It's too early to tell if the phone is faulty or not, i don't really think so.

When have u bought it?
    09-20-2017 02:57 PM
    Bro ee said this is New technology it's called volte it's 4g calling.my volte signal is on 3 out of 4 in my house.if I take it off the speacil ee volte and put it onto the normal 3g calling it's 4 bars full signal.
    My signal is perfect on this phone.my note 4 dont have this special 4g calling only 3g calling but 4g mobile data internet.
    09-20-2017 03:01 PM
    Radio signal strength, mobile data, it should be 4 bars or 3 for best battery life performance.

It's too early to tell if the phone is faulty or not, i don't really think so.

When have u bought it?
    Bought it nearly 30 hours ago on ee contract.i phoned them asking what the fuk volte means and they explained is a special ee 4g calling they just came out with and he said 3 bars for volte is correct
    09-20-2017 03:03 PM
    Well, the battery should get better after 2 or 3 days of use, the phone will know your use pattern.

Give it 3 days, charge it to 100% and let us know what's happening, nothing is wrong yet, you have 14 days of period till you can get it back.
    jsigmo likes this.
    09-20-2017 03:04 PM
    I'd say it's not normal at all I'm getting better life from this phone then I did on the s8+
    athenatp likes this.
    09-20-2017 03:09 PM
    Well, the battery should get better after 2 or 3 days of use, the phone will know your use pattern.

Give it 3 days, charge it to 100% and let us know what's happening, nothing is wrong yet, you have 14 days of period till you can get it back.
    Ok cool i was happy with the battery life on the note 8.its about the same as my note 4.brand new battery i bought from samsung 3 weeks ago,i was just wondering if nearly 10 hours use it was normal thats all.when people were saying nearly 10 hours of use before it dies is bad so I got worried that my phone is faulty
    09-20-2017 03:10 PM
    Bought it nearly 30 hours ago on ee contract.i phoned them asking what the fuk volte means and they explained is a special ee 4g calling they just came out with and he said 3 bars for volte is correct
    It's not that it's bad or that it's not working. The better signal you get the better your battery will be. The lower your signal strength is, the more your phone will strain to reach the towers and the more energy it needs to put out on the antennas to do so. Think of it as talking VS yelling; one is bound to get your vocal chords hurting way sooner than the other.

VoLTE means Voice over LTE, which is basically making calls over your 4G mobile data connection. Sort of like Skype but for your carrier. If done right, it has better quality than a 'regular' phone voice channel.

The biggest drain on your phone will be the screen, and you mentioned you're getting nearly 5 hours of Screen-on Time...that doesn't sound too bad to me, but if you really want to test it out, I suggest playing a video in a loop with SYNC off on your phone. You should probably be using about 10% battery per hour of video played on mid-brightness (again, that's an estimate, but an usually accurate one). If that holds true, then there's nothing wrong with your phone (and a single 2-hour movie would probably give you a good idea if the phone is using that much power or not).

Also, the best benchmark is your own: compare your phone life in previous ones to this. If it's similar at least, then you know that's just how you use YOUR phones. With your apps and your services and your area and your usage patterns.
    FutureMech likes this.
    09-20-2017 03:11 PM
    Well I got about 8 hours screen on time yesterday but that's a rarity
    09-20-2017 03:56 PM
    It's not that it's bad or that it's not working. The better signal you get the better your battery will be. The lower your signal strength is, the more your phone will strain to reach the towers and the more energy it needs to put out on the antennas to do so. Think of it as talking VS yelling; one is bound to get your vocal chords hurting way sooner than the other.

VoLTE means Voice over LTE, which is basically making calls over your 4G mobile data connection. Sort of like Skype but for your carrier. If done right, it has better quality than a 'regular' phone voice channel.

The biggest drain on your phone will be the screen, and you mentioned you're getting nearly 5 hours of Screen-on Time...that doesn't sound too bad to me, but if you really want to test it out, I suggest playing a video in a loop with SYNC off on your phone. You should probably be using about 10% battery per hour of video played on mid-brightness (again, that's an estimate, but an usually accurate one). If that holds true, then there's nothing wrong with your phone (and a single 2-hour movie would probably give you a good idea if the phone is using that much power or not).

Also, the best benchmark is your own: compare your phone life in previous ones to this. If it's similar at least, then you know that's just how you use YOUR phones. With your apps and your services and your area and your usage patterns.
    Thanks bro.yeah my note 4 battery life is about the same as my note 8
    And the battery is brand new on my note 4 genuine from Samsung store
    09-20-2017 04:02 PM
    Thanks bro.yeah my note 4 battery life is about the same as my note 8
    And the battery is brand new on my note 4 genuine from Samsung store
    Also, biggest 'test' to see if there's something wrong with your phone is to set it to Airplane mode and let it sit for a few hours. It should lose a very negligible amount of battery that way. If it still loses more than a couple percentage points per hour, then there's probably something wrong.
    09-20-2017 05:21 PM
    Coming from a Note5 that stopped fast charging, it was hard to resist not plugging in at 60% but I held out. From when I got out of bed, to when I got into bed. I'm not necessarily a power user but I'm on my phone a lot. listen to podcasts while im driving on bluetooth. Social media, this forum and AC articles. Edit photos etc.
    Note 8 poor battery life?-screen-shot-2017-09-22-9.06.22-am.pngNote 8 poor battery life?-screen-shot-2017-09-22-9.06.36-am.png
    09-22-2017 11:11 AM
    In case you're still wondering... on this comparison video, AC's editor does mention around 4 hours of screen-on time on his mixed use testing. So pretty much on par with what you're seeing. Again, if you are only watching video, the phone will last a lot longer (8 or 9 hours of SOT at least).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MvMBCkNBg3g
    09-23-2017 12:33 AM
    I've been getting around 16 hours or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 8 poor battery life?-7623.jpg  
    09-23-2017 12:44 AM
    Umm. I'm getting a whole days worth and I am a pretty normal user. Coming from the Note 5, this phone is killer in battery! It just lasts so long.
    athenatp likes this.
    09-23-2017 01:39 AM
    This is mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 8 poor battery life?-screenshot_20170917-222422.jpg  
    09-23-2017 01:54 AM
    I think every review I've seen has mentioned getting around 4 hrs screen on time, so this is probably what you're going to get without changing your usage patterns or your settings.
    09-23-2017 02:08 AM
    Battery life is ok , Android or Samsung standard just ok
    09-23-2017 10:26 AM
    Hi everybody,

I wanted to share with you some of my experience related to the Note 8. Moreover, it would be nice if I had some feedback from you guys.

I am using my Note 8 normally (not a heavy usage) with the following parameters :

- auto-brightness activated
    - WQHD+ resolution
    - Adaptive screen
    - Always on Display activated
    - And also high accuracy under position activated

I only manage to have around 2 hours screen on time. I found it disturbing as I keep on hearing that the SOT should be around 4.5 hours.

Is someone experiencing the same issue as mine ?

Thank you in advance !!
    Attached Thumbnails Note 8 poor battery life?-screenshot_20170923-212252.jpg  
    09-23-2017 02:31 PM
    Hi everybody,

I wanted to share with you some of my experience related to the Note 8. Moreover, it would be nice if I had some feedback from you guys.

I am using my Note 8 normally (not a heavy usage) with the following parameters :

- auto-brightness activated
    - WQHD+ resolution
    - Adaptive screen
    - Always on Display activated
    - And also high accuracy under position activated

I only manage to have around 2 hours screen on time. I found it disturbing as I keep on hearing that the SOT should be around 4.5 hours.

Is someone experiencing the same issue as mine ?

Thank you in advance !!
    I am getting around 4 to 5 hours SOT sometimes better. Generally getting 16+ hours on a charge. I don't baby my battery during the day. I have media on a lot. I am very satisfied with my battery performance.
    09-24-2017 01:16 AM
    I am getting around 4 to 5 hours SOT sometimes better. Generally getting 16+ hours on a charge. I don't baby my battery during the day. I have media on a lot. I am very satisfied with my battery performance.
    Thank you for your answer. It is really annoying me that I do not have the same SOT as the majority of people. I'm thinking the phone has maybe a battery problem.
    09-24-2017 03:49 AM
    I'm getting similar performance. Haven't had to charge during the day
    09-24-2017 04:48 AM
    I've noticed that the battery doesn't tend to do standby well compared to other phones, but when you're using it it does extremely well. I've been taking my phone off charger at 6 am, getting 4-5 screen time, and putting it back on charger at 11 pm with 30-50% remaining. The one thing that's a little wonky is the sunlight brightness. When it kicks on that extra brightness it kills the battery.
    09-24-2017 01:00 PM
63 123