I told myself after 2 note7s that I wasn't going to preorder, just wait and see how the n8 is received once actual users have it.
    Now that it's out, I'm still kinda on the fence - I know it's going to be expensive, but that's not a big issue. I also know it's kind of a pain in the to swap yet another phone.
    Both of those issues aside, I'm here on the note8 forum for some reason, so I must have at least part of me that wants to do it.

Guess what I'm looking for is you folks to talk me into it

So why should I upgrade from the s7e? What made it worthwhile for you?
    09-20-2017 01:12 PM
    It's way prettier
    On a more serious Note.....just do it..
    Serkle K and w7sg like this.
    09-20-2017 01:31 PM
    I told myself after 2 note7s that I wasn't going to preorder, just wait and see how the n8 is received once actual users have it.
    Now that it's out, I'm still kinda on the fence - I know it's going to be expensive, but that's not a big issue. I also know it's kind of a pain in the to swap yet another phone.
    Both of those issues aside, I'm here on the note8 forum for some reason, so I must have at least part of me that wants to do it.

I upgraded from the S7Edge.
    Note 8 is bigger and heavier than the S7Edge.
    But, it has the SPen (which I use a lot), better camera, more space (64 GB), great screen.
    If money is no object, then the Note 8 is an easy choice.
    09-20-2017 01:37 PM
    it has a way better battery life that the S7E... at least for me. I was at 50% by noon on my S7E after taking off the charger around 7am. it's 3pm and i'm at 85% on my Note8.
    bchain996 likes this.
    09-20-2017 02:00 PM
    I also switched from the S7E, and agree with tsells, except I don't really notice any extra weight. It's the same width and may 3/8" taller. I upgraded to get the the s-pen. I take a lot of notes, and this phone just fits my life so well. But if you don't think that would be of much use to you, it may not be worth the move. It's not worlds better then my S7E, but it fills the place of my Note 7.

Not really much issue switching over. Smart Switch really takes the pain out of the job.
    09-20-2017 02:08 PM
    I also had a S7E. The battery life in the Note 8 alone made it worthwhile. Having the pen, screen and camera is just icing on the cake.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-20-2017 02:13 PM
    I'm that same person. 2 bad Note 7s, a replacement S7edge.

I need a stylus as much as I just want one so I pre-ordered. Got it on the 15th via BB online.

It is light-years better than the S7E.

Enjoy.

Bj
    bchain996 and haganjeff like this.
    09-20-2017 02:27 PM

Well for those of us who use Notes like Notes, the S pen is reason enough and nothing else really matters.

If you don't care about the S pen, just hold onto the S7 until the S9. If the S8 didn't captivate you, there's no real reason to spend a ton more to get the Note 8. UNLESS you're a fan of the S pen.
    09-20-2017 02:31 PM
    The battery life on my S7E is pretty darn good. So far, I think the Note 8 is better, but I've not had it long enough yet to pass judgement on that part. Battery life depends on so many things though, that it can be a pretty subjective thing.

I also really like the USB C connector. I used that on my Nexus 6P, so already have a bunch of the cables and chargers around.
    09-20-2017 02:52 PM
    It's a Note. What better reason is there? ๐Ÿ˜
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-20-2017 03:02 PM
    I had really poor battery life on my S7E. And the phone started suffering from performance problems. I couldn't be happer now that I have a note phone again. The battery life is excellent. The camera is awesome. I love having the s-pen. For me, an upgrade to the Note 8 was a no brainer.
    09-20-2017 03:16 PM
    Had two Note 7s and then the S7E as a placeholder. The phone was...fine.

Note 8 blows it out of the water in every conceivable way.

Get it. You won't regret it.
    haganjeff and j_hansen like this.
    09-20-2017 03:21 PM
    Bigger and beautiful infinity screen, larger ram and larger internal capacity ๐Ÿ˜Š plus it's a Note!
    Zolti likes this.
    09-20-2017 05:32 PM
    If you love the Note 7, you will love Note 8 more. I'm sort of glad my Note 7 was returned and I'm holding my Note 8 now
    09-20-2017 07:18 PM
    Great to read I'm on the s7edge it's just boring... I get the note 8 tomorrow
    09-21-2017 11:12 AM
    The finger print reader to unlock the phone works much better than the S7E too.
    09-21-2017 11:17 AM
    I preorder the Note 7. Had 2 of those last year. When battery was crippled I reluctantly got the S7 Edge as a placeholder. I never was satisfied with that phone. Preordered the Note 8 on day 1 and don't regret it at all. It's simply a better phone than the S7 Edge, as it should be. Last year's Note 7 issue had no effect on my decision this year.
    09-21-2017 01:34 PM
    I also had a S7E. The battery life in the Note 8 alone made it worthwhile. Having the pen, screen and camera is just icing on the cake.
    I have an unlocked S7 Edge and the battery life as far as standby easily beats my Note 8 but as far as screen time usage, my note 8 beats it.

I still own both phones and enjoy using both. There are times when I will want to take a smaller phone with me.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    09-21-2017 02:29 PM
    I have an unlocked S7 Edge and the battery life as far as standby easily beats my Note 8 but as far as screen time usage, my note 8 beats it.

I still own both phones and enjoy using both. There are times when I will want to take a smaller phone with me.
    Yeah the Note8 seems to handle heavy usage better.
    09-21-2017 03:20 PM
    I echo the replies here. I traded my S7E in as well which I had after having to turn in both Note 7s last year. I use the stylus to take notes. I really missed that function.Note 8 has better battery life. I also prefer the shape and the larger but not overpoweringly huger size.
    The S7E filled the void while I waited though. I used an external stylus or my finger but the notes were sloppy. Otherwise, I had no major complaints, so it is a matter of what one's uses are. I jot notes, so to get an integrated stylus back was important. I do like having larger internal memory though I managed fine with the S7E. I am thrilled to get my stylus back, hands down.
    09-21-2017 07:07 PM
    If the S7E is working fine, you're not a tech junkie who wants the latest and greatest, don't need the S-pen, then there is no need.
    09-21-2017 11:53 PM
    I also had the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and I traded in for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and I love it. I had the Note 4 and I missed the pen but I love the Note 8 for the bigger screen size, camera, pen, ram and memory size. All worth it.
    09-22-2017 12:31 AM