After watching many, MANY awesome videos and getting all kinds of cool tips and tricks, I'm noticing some neat things don't seem to be available on my phone. I'm assuming this is because it's a Verizon version and as we all know each carrier does things a little differently. So I thought this would be a good place for people to chime in on things they have noticed missing that are on other people's phones from different carriers.

One thing right off the bat is the Optimization button. I've seen that mentioned a couple times and even seen some have it as a widget on their phones. Can't find it on my Verizon phone anywhere. There are other things that I'm blanking on right now but now that I have this thread I'll update it when I remember.

Oh, yeah - just remembered another one: Trying to set up Note Buddy app to get lightsaber sound upon S-pen removal but cannot access the notifications (or any) folders from the directions. Realize this one might just be the app itself has not been updated for this although Google Play did say it was compatible.

Anyone else notice missing or different features on their Verizon phone?
    09-20-2017 03:23 PM
    There will be differences in Settings, to the point you have to qualify which carrier your phone came from in answering some questions. Verizon also kills off most of Device Maintenance, but if you install Samsung+ (assuming its still available for the Note) it does more.
    09-20-2017 03:48 PM
    You can't have the phone automatically restart on a schedule. Why they feel the need to remove that, beats me. Samsung cloud is not available, because they want you to pay them for their inferior cloud (5 free gb vs Samsung's 15). Those are the two I've noticed. Both were true on the Note 7, too.
    09-21-2017 12:52 AM
    After watching many, MANY awesome videos and getting all kinds of cool tips and tricks, I'm noticing some neat things don't seem to be available on my phone. I'm assuming this is because it's a Verizon version and as we all know each carrier does things a little differently. So I thought this would be a good place for people to chime in on things they have noticed missing that are on other people's phones from different carriers.

One thing right off the bat is the Optimization button. I've seen that mentioned a couple times and even seen some have it as a widget on their phones. Can't find it on my Verizon phone anywhere. There are other things that I'm blanking on right now but now that I have this thread I'll update it when I remember.

Oh, yeah - just remembered another one: Trying to set up Note Buddy app to get lightsaber sound upon S-pen removal but cannot access the notifications (or any) folders from the directions. Realize this one might just be the app itself has not been updated for this although Google Play did say it was compatible.

Anyone else notice missing or different features on their Verizon phone?
    Note buddy works with mine (Verizon) and I have lightsaber sound for my s-pen... Good YouTube video to watch herehttps://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DEl6Q0I_rQos&ved=0ahUKEwi7-cqN3bXWAhUhxYMKHecKAyAQwqsBCB8wAA&usg=AFQjCNEXQ2AALMbiHoDPCtxKwJfVsdsukw
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-21-2017 08:14 AM
    Note buddy works with mine (Verizon) and I have lightsaber sound for my s-pen... Good YouTube video to watch herehttps://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DEl6Q0I_rQos&ved=0ahUKEwi7-cqN3bXWAhUhxYMKHecKAyAQwqsBCB8wAA&usg=AFQjCNEXQ2AALMbiHoDPCtxKwJfVsdsukw
    Thanks for the info. If I get the Note 8 it will also be a Verizon version
    09-21-2017 08:18 AM
    Built-in spam blocking in the dialer is missing.
    09-21-2017 08:30 AM
    There maybe a way to get back some of the Samsung Utilities blocked by Verizon. This worked on my Note 7.... I plan on trying it again when my Note 8 arrives tomorrow.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-note-7-a.html
    09-21-2017 08:33 AM
    There maybe a way to get back some of the Samsung Utilities blocked by Verizon. This worked on my Note 7.... I plan on trying it again when my Note 8 arrives tomorrow.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-note-7-a.html

I attempted this on my Note8 but it didn't work. Would love to hear if you were able to get it to work.
    09-21-2017 08:59 AM
    I attempted this on my Note8 but it didn't work. Would love to hear if you were able to get it to work.
    I will let you know. Did you try it with Nova or QuickShortCut Maker?
    09-21-2017 09:30 AM
    I will let you know. Did you try it with Nova or QuickShortCut Maker?

Nova Launcher and QuickShortCut Maker.
    09-21-2017 09:38 AM
    Nova Launcher and QuickShortCut Maker.
    Dam... doesn't look good then. Was hoping one method would work.
    09-21-2017 09:43 AM
    Dam... doesn't look good then. Was hoping one method would work.
    Yeah. I'm hoping you can figure it out and I was just doing something wrong.
    09-21-2017 09:47 AM