10-06-2017 10:46 PM
44 12
tools
    Has anyone else been having issues with Samsung Pay? I was a very heavy user on my S8 plus, i have been trying to get the same card (that i had used on the S8 plus) set up on my Note 8 and it will not move past the verify stage. My bank is telling me thay have done everything they need to do on their end. I have deleted that card from the note 8 and started over 3 times and still no luck. I even received a follow up call from my bank today asking me the verification went through (it had not). The lady from my back explained to me their process for approving the card use on their end and it sounded very straight forward so it seems like the issue it with samsung.

On my old S8 Plus (that the same card had worked great on) i did remove the card from the app, before i reset the phone.

Any ideas?
    09-21-2017 11:37 AM
    Nope I never used Samsung pay before until the other day. It worked fine the 1st time. Tried using it multiple times after that and it comes up bad card read. I end up swiping my card. Pretty useless to me.
    09-21-2017 11:49 AM
    That happened to me on one card but then I realized it had been a card that had been auto-updated by SPay before (card expired, bank issues new card, SPay automagically updates it). Since I was restoring cards from the cloud backup onto the new phone, it kept giving me that error. Deleted the card and added the new one manually and then it went through.

On that card, do you get any other options for verification? SMS, e-mail, etc.? You can also try to clear SPay cache/data on your Note 8 and maybe even uninstall/re-install to see if that helps. On an S7E I had during the Note 7 debacle that happened... SPay was just spotty, working sometimes, sometimes not even registering that it was near a terminal... I uninstalled/re-installed, and voilá, it worked perfectly after that.
    ol_jackburton likes this.
    09-21-2017 11:52 AM
    That happened to me on one card but then I realized it had been a card that had been auto-updated by SPay before (card expired, bank issues new card, SPay automagically updates it). Since I was restoring cards from the cloud backup onto the new phone, it kept giving me that error. Deleted the card and added the new one manually and then it went through.

On that card, do you get any other options for verification? SMS, e-mail, etc.? You can also try to clear SPay cache/data on your Note 8 and maybe even uninstall/re-install to see if that helps. On an S7E I had during the Note 7 debacle that happened... SPay was just spotty, working sometimes, sometimes not even registering that it was near a terminal... I uninstalled/re-installed, and voilá, it worked perfectly after that.
    I will give that a try
    09-21-2017 11:57 AM
    I used Samsung Pay for the first time yesterday. Worked perfectly at the convenience store, but would not read at all at the grocery store. The grocery store said people pay that way all the time, so they weren't sure why it wasn't reading mine.
    09-21-2017 01:30 PM
    I used Samsung Pay for the first time yesterday. Worked perfectly at the convenience store, but would not read at all at the grocery store. The grocery store said people pay that way all the time, so they weren't sure why it wasn't reading mine.
    Did you put it right on the magnetic stripe reader, where you would usually swipe a card? I use it at stores constantly.
    09-21-2017 01:58 PM
    I didn't have to call the bank and authorize my card this time, it was activated and works fine. After 2 Note 7s I had to call and authorize it for my Note 5. I have no problems with it at all.
    09-21-2017 03:21 PM
    I was able to get my bank card activated instantly. Much quicker than Apple Pay or android pay but I haven’t used it yet. Will probably get a chance tomorrow.
    09-21-2017 03:38 PM
    Did you put it right on the magnetic stripe reader, where you would usually swipe a card? I use it at stores constantly.
    Yes I did!
    09-21-2017 03:58 PM
    I used on my Note 5 and Note 7 and have had no issues on my Note 8.
    09-21-2017 04:26 PM
    I'm in Canada. Samsung Pay was on my S8+ and worked perfectly but it looks like it's not availanble for the Note 8? Anyone else having this issue? Playstore says it isn't available in my country.
    09-21-2017 05:00 PM
    When I verified my card the bank rep said it wasn't showing up on Samsung's end. She had me uninstall and reinstall and then go through the process again. Did that and it worked perfectly.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-21-2017 05:09 PM
    I'm in Canada. Samsung Pay was on my S8+ and worked perfectly but it looks like it's not availanble for the Note 8? Anyone else having this issue? Playstore says it isn't available in my country.
    Was it not pre-installed in your phone?
    09-21-2017 05:24 PM
    Was it not pre-installed in your phone?
    No it wasn't on the Note 8. On the S8+ it was. I just cheated and created apk's fro m the old phone and installed them on the Note and am I not he process of trying to register the card.

Ok so I got the app running, but it wouldn't allow me to restore my card even after I deleted it and re-added it fresh. It says the card info is wrong (which it isn't).
    09-21-2017 05:40 PM
    Samsung pay works perfectly for me, this is my first Android and it has always worked perfect every time I have tried it..I love Samsung pay
    09-21-2017 05:55 PM
    I had the same problem. I had 2 cards on my Note 5 and one of them works on Note 8 and the other one doesn't. I've deleted it and tried to re install it 2 or 3 times and I get the same error message.
    09-21-2017 07:28 PM
    Hope it gets squared away for you. I use it everyday. Love samsung pay. Quite possibly the best feature in a device for me.
    09-21-2017 07:30 PM
    couple of tips that have worked for me:
    Always choose credit even if it is a debit card, and authenticate with the fingerprint before tapping. Had a few declines until I figured that out.
    May seem obvious but this was my first time.
    09-21-2017 08:17 PM
    Always choose credit even if it is a debit card, and authenticate with the fingerprint before tapping. Had a few declines until I figured that out.
    Thanks for the tips, but in Canada, only credit is supported anyway (no debit). I've called my bank and they don't know why it's not working, they don't even see the request coming in on their end. But they did see me delete the card before I tried to reenter it on the new phone.
    They're escalating it and will get back to me, but it looks like the issue isn't on their end.
    09-21-2017 08:24 PM
    Both credit and debit work the same for me. I usually tell them debit if they ask. I just never say I'm using my phone to pay cause it freaks them out.
    09-21-2017 08:58 PM
    My card was activated on my Note 8 without any issues. Not sure what's happening with your card. It sucks that it's happening.
    09-21-2017 09:15 PM
    My card was activated on my Note 8 without any issues. Not sure what's happening with your card. It sucks that it's happening.
    Yeah it's weird that it was smooth and flawless on the S8+ but not even shown as available in Canada on the Note 8. Even after the sideloading I did of the exact same app extracted from that S8+ (I installed both the Samsung Pay Framework apk and the Samsung Pay apk).
    The other apk I tried to download and install online only works for Korea for some reason.
    09-21-2017 10:17 PM
    No issues here. Just used it at Pet Smart.
    09-21-2017 11:44 PM
    Yep 500 points for adding my card to a new phone & 500 points for making a purchase.

A bit bummed about earring the 3k points on the N8 several steps to go thur on certain dates
    09-21-2017 11:53 PM
    Yes, I had a major problem.

The card that I used on my S8+ was not working at all on my note 8. The error message was card not supported. Simple I thought... I'll call the bank.

Bank guy was totally clueless and didn't give a crap. Referred me to Samsung almost immediately since the same card was used before and 'they' didn't do anything.

Call Samsung.... They go thru their steps diagnosing the problem. They recognize right away it's the bank.

Call the bank again... Young lady picks up and she is thoroughly invested in my problem. We are on the phone for 30 quality minutes of her troubleshooting.

Long story short she added my phone number (cell) on file to match my card (no way to do that in app) wait 24 hours and now I'm golden.

I legit was gonna return my phone and try another note 8 if that didn't work.

It was that important to me.
    ol_jackburton likes this.
    09-22-2017 12:39 AM
44 12