Silly aesthetic issue, but...

Scford718

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site
Is there a way to change the way the clock looks on the lock screen of the note 8 ? I really don't like it. I don't like how the hours are positioned above the minutes. I think that I've looked everywhere that an option could possibly be, am I missing something?

Last edited:

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Silly anesthetic issue, but...

Don't have one in front of me for exact reference but I know there use to be a way to change it on the note 7, would be very surprised if they took that away

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site

Is there a way to change the way the clock looks on the lock screen of the note 8 ? I really don't like it. I don't like how the hours are positioned above the minutes. I think that I've looked everywhere that an option could possibly be, am I missing something?

There are some options under settings and then lockscreen. I have a clock face with a minute hand sweeping round the clock on my lockscreen. There a few to choose from. Forgot to say settings, lock screen, and then hit the toggle for Always on Display and that takes you to clock faces.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

There are some options under settings and then lockscreen. I have a clock face with a minute hand sweeping round the clock on my lockscreen. There a few to choose from. Forgot to say settings, lock screen, and then hit the toggle for Always on Display and that takes you to clock faces.

Think he/she is talking about the clock on lock screen not AOD:)

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

No you're not missing "something". You can change the clock on the lock screen by changing the overall theme of the phone in Settings > Wallpaper & Theme > Themes

Every theme has a different clock for the lock screen, however most look like the default but some are different. I hope this info helps...

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site

Think he/she is talking about the clock on lock screen not AOD:)
I'm not sure what I'm talking about lol. Actually I am referring to the black screen when the phone is idle. I used to have a digital clock with today's date under it and by going to settings, lock screen, and the AOD toggle I get several clock faces to choose from. What are you all talking about?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I'm not sure what I'm talking about lol. Actually I am referring to the black screen when the phone is idle. I used to have a digital clock with today's date under it and by going to settings, lock screen, and the AOD toggle I get several clock faces to choose from. What are you all talking about?

Lol it's all good everyone is still learning. This is what I believe we are talking about lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170922-003200.jpg
    Screenshot_20170922-003200.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 23

Scford718

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site

No you're not missing "something". You can change the clock on the lock screen by changing the overall theme of the phone in Settings > Wallpaper & Theme > Themes

Every theme has a different clock for the lock screen, however most look like the default but some are different. I hope this info helps...

Yes, I have tried about 6 different themes, and the previews show a different clock but when I apply it, the only thing that changes is the font or typeface of the numbers. So annoying lol

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Hahaha yes I'm talking about the actually lock screen, I don't use the AOD much right now... And I'm a she LOLOL I guess I need to upload an avatar.

Lol my bad. It's all good that's why I try to put he/she when I'm not sure:).

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Yes! That! Man, I just hate the way these numbers look LOL

Lol yeah I hate it too. It's ok if you have a notification cause it lines up the hour with the minutes. Get rid of the notification and it's like that. Lol. Hope someone finds a fix. If not I can deal with it even tho I don't like it lol.

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site

I have the analog clock on my black rest/idle screen with battery left, and notifications. On my home screen, I have a digital clock, date, and local weather. It is my black screen that I changed clocks and I like it much better.

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site

The second clock in the first row is how my idle screen is set to look. Sorry I am a newbie with all the proper phrasing of what does what.
Screenshot_20170921-220650.jpg

Daniel Padilla

May 2, 2014
Visit site

Go to Settings - Lock Screen- Always on Display - Digital Clock - Clock Style to change format of the digital clock if that's what you're looking to do.