10-02-2017 09:41 PM
150 123 ...
tools
    I have a Sprint Note 8 and can't get the edge lighting to work? Anyone else having this issue? I have made all kinds of changes to the settings and nothing.

Help! Please.
    09-22-2017 05:30 AM
    I find that it works if the screen is on and logged in, on my note8. I was hoping it would work if the aod was on.
    09-22-2017 05:34 AM
    I find that it works if the screen is on and logged in, on my note8. I was hoping it would work if the aod was on.
    Mine is not working at all
    09-22-2017 05:38 AM
    Neither is mine I thought maybe it was something I was doing wrong. It is turned on in settings, no clue what else to try
    09-22-2017 07:24 AM
    Make sure that in advanced settings for edge lighting that you have transparency set to low and that the width is wide. Now see if it works for you.
    badcat likes this.
    09-22-2017 07:28 AM
    Out was on low, just changed it to wide, we'll see, thanks
    09-22-2017 07:34 AM
    Mine works but to be honest it is so watered down from the old edge lighting that I do not use it.
    09-22-2017 07:53 AM
    Mine works but to be honest it is so watered down from the old edge lighting that I do not use it.
    Agreed 100%.

For those who don't know, this used to be an amazing feature on the S7 Edge. You could set a color for each of your contacts. When you placed the phone upside down on a desk or other surface, when one of those contacts called or texted you, the display would light up whatever color that contact had so you knew who contacted you.

This feature on the Note 8 is completely different. It's also completely removed on the S7 Edge now.
    rfan8312 and Jewels81 like this.
    09-22-2017 07:59 AM
    I noted this one a few other threads. I'm on Verizon, can't get edge lighting to work, regardless of how I tweak the settings. It's simply broken.
    09-22-2017 08:30 AM
    I'm only able to get it to work with Samsung Messages. It doesn't seem to work with Nine or GMail.
    09-22-2017 08:56 AM
    Make sure that in advanced settings for edge lighting that you have transparency set to low and that the width is wide. Now see if it works for you.
    Yes this the set up and still not working.
    09-22-2017 09:27 AM
    Mine only works while I am using the phone. There is a setting that is supposed to make this work while the screen is off too but that doesn't do anything for mine. A Google search shows that many others can't get this to work at all. Maybe an update will come soon. Make sure your open the Galaxy apps app from time to time and check for updates on there. That's where an update will come from if and when it does.
    09-22-2017 09:52 AM
    I remember this from the S7E, it was very cool, Sad to see it gone. I wonder why?

Cheers,
    BR
    09-22-2017 09:52 AM
    Agreed 100%.

For those who don't know, this used to be an amazing feature on the S7 Edge. You could set a color for each of your contacts. When you placed the phone upside down on a desk or other surface, when one of those contacts called or texted you, the display would light up whatever color that contact had so you knew who contacted you.

This feature on the Note 8 is completely different. It's also completely removed on the S7 Edge now.
    Ye, to me that was one of the top reasons for using the edge. I still would never go without the edge panel for apps again. It's great being able to just swipe my thumb once click and I'm in whichever of my apps I'm using most that week, or in a function widget like device maintenance.

But not having the colors for contacts seems like a backwards move on Samsung's part and everyone seems to miss it.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-22-2017 09:53 AM
    as far as the Edge lighting goes, it's working fine so far for me.

But I will say as well, it doesn't make sense to me that Samsung is taking away Edge features and applications now that their devices are becoming all Edge Devices.

It seems like they're more concerned about the Edge look and less concerned about the Edge Functionality they started with just a few years ago.
    rfan8312 likes this.
    09-22-2017 09:59 AM
    I never got it to work on mine. Tried everything I can think of (settings, advance settings, notifications, etc). Nothing. I can preview it no problem, but getting it to work is another matter altogether.
    09-22-2017 10:20 AM
    I never got it to work on mine. Tried everything I can think of (settings, advance settings, notifications, etc). Nothing. I can preview it no problem, but getting it to work is another matter altogether.
    It's definitely not as bright as it was on the S7E, but I do see it working on mine. Same as the LED notification light... it's working, but it's not as bright as it was on my S7E.
    09-22-2017 12:22 PM
    *My edge lighting for notifications is working perfectly on my T-Mobile Note 8...

Just Follow these steps exactly;

(1) Click Settings, Click Display, Click Edge Screen, Click Edge lighting (mine is on Always). Click on the Word Always to enter sub menu.

(2) Click Manage notifications, Choose what you like, I have Messages, WhatsApp, Email, and Gmail selected. Back out one page.

(3) Click on Advanced Settings, Highlight Custom color Then click on the round DOT to the right of the word Custom color, Setup your cutom colors choose done, then back out a page and set Width all the way over to the right and leave Transparency on Low.

(4) Top right of page press Preview, when your happy with your color back out one screen. At the very top of this screen make sure that Edge Lighting is set to "on". After that back all the way out Your Done!

*Notifications have to be setup like this to work as there not album color. Do exactly what I wrote and you guys should be fine.
    09-22-2017 04:39 PM
    *My edge lighting is working perfectly....

Follow these steps;

(1) Click Settings, Click Display, Click Edge Screen, Click Edge lighting (mine is on Always). Click on the Word Always to enter sub menu.

(2) Click Manage notifications, Choose what you like, I have Messages, WhatsApp, Email, and Gmail selected. Back out one page.

(3) Click on Advanced Settings, Highlight Custom color Then click on the round DOT to the right of the word Custom color, Setup your cutom colors choose done, then back out a page and set Width all the way over to the right.

(4) Top right of page press Preview, when your happy with your color back out all the way Your Done!

*Notifications have to bee setup like this to work, there not album color. Do exactly what I wrote and you guys should be fine.
    Nope. Done all that. Even turned on Edge Lighting in the notification bar thinking that was the cause. But nope. It's still doesn't work for me.
    09-22-2017 04:45 PM
    Nope. Done all that. Even turned on Edge Lighting in the notification bar thinking that was the cause. But nope. It's still doesn't work for me.
    Well I know for fact this works on my T-Mobile Note 8.. If it works for others on here then it's either your carrier or software that's the issue or perhaps you mistakenly missed one of my steps somewhere along the way? Perhaps try it again...
    09-22-2017 04:50 PM
    Mine only works for the current opened app if it has a notification. Like the Samsung music player. No other app notification from othere apps appear. I thought that was now it works. It sounds like it should work differently.
    09-22-2017 05:02 PM
    Mine only works for the current opened app if it has a notification. Like the Samsung music player. No other app notification from othere apps appear. I thought that was now it works. It sounds like it should work differently.
    When I'm on a phone call... if I receive an email or text my edge light lights up... I have to ask are you any of u guys on T-Mobile?
    09-22-2017 05:24 PM
    if you can't find the settings, go to settings, type "edge lighting" in the search bar. works for me.
    09-22-2017 05:43 PM
    Tried all that and still not working for me either. With Verizon
    jnyvio likes this.
    09-22-2017 06:00 PM
    Tried all that and still not working for me either. With Verizon
    Next time I am out and about shopping.... I will stop by a Verizon store and try it and report back.
    09-22-2017 06:51 PM
150 123 ...