Note 8 AND iPhone 8/X

ezeuzo1

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
So I got my note about 2 weeks ago and I'm liking it. Screen is beautiful and the S-Pen is really useful to me especially with the translate feature.

But I think I might want an iPhone also. Are there people on here who have two phones? Who go back and forth between iPhone and Android?
What's that like? What are the challenges? How do you transfer your iMessages to your Android device?

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes many of us have two phones. At moment I have iPhone 7+, 2 S8+, a Note 8. It happens. Will get iPhone X likely when it is released and not back ordered in my desired storage and color configuration.

Going back and forth from iPhone to Android isn't bad but do NOT turn on iMessage. It can cause all kinds of headaches in relation to text message delivery. I just swap sim around. Or use TMobile Digits if I'm feeling lazy.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have always had both Android phones and iPhones but the last iPhone that I bought was the 6S and a 6S+. I still use them but my take with me phone has always been an Android. I do use my 6S+ in my car for music via Bluetooth. it just works so well for that.

I have three lines on T-Mobile so I keep the phones active at all times. I use Google voice for texts because they come through no matter which phone I take with me and same with calls if I gave the person my Google voice phone number. It's free and there's no worrying about text messages not coming through.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the new iPad pro 10.5 which is almost like the iPhone 7 with a camera it's like having the best of both worlds.

ezeuzo1

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes many of us have two phones. At moment I have iPhone 7+, 2 S8+, a Note 8. It happens. Will get iPhone X likely when it is released and not back ordered in my desired storage and color configuration.

Going back and forth from iPhone to Android isn't bad but do NOT turn on iMessage. It can cause all kinds of headaches in relation to text message delivery. I just swap sim around. Or use TMobile Digits if I'm feeling lazy.

So you've never had issues consolidating your text messages? You don't do anything to keep them synced up on both phones? Thanks for the input.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a S8+, Note 8, and iPhone 7 Plus. Like a poster said above, make sure to keep iMessage turned off. I don't typically sync my messages between devices. I suppose if I wanted to I'd use a cross platform messaging service such as Facebook Messenger, Hangouts or WhatsApp. It might be a little more tedious but you should be able to connect the phones and transfer messages back and forth thru Samsung's Smart Switch app.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So I got my note about 2 weeks ago and I'm liking it. Screen is beautiful and the S-Pen is really useful to me especially with the translate feature.

But I think I might want an iPhone also. Are there people on here who have two phones? Who go back and forth between iPhone and Android?
What's that like? What are the challenges? How do you transfer your iMessages to your Android device?
Don't use iMessage so that's the first thing that helps me switch sims between iPhone and Android phone easily. Rest of my stuff is in the cloud (mail, photos, music etc) so it's just put my sim from iPhone to Android or vice versa and good to go.

avandie

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the Note 8, which is my personal phone and the iPhone 7 Plus for work. I actually find the iPhone pretty utilitarian and boring. I'm loving this Note 8 however. If I didn't need this for work I wouldn't have it., I really don't see anything fun or exciting that it does. Everything, including the camera, is more advanced on the Note.

Last edited:

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I go back and forth but now I think I'm staying Android. At least for a year lol. Apple hasn't made any progress forward in after the release of the 6 plus.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
If you are on Verizon, use Messages+ on your iOS devices, Android, PC, Mac, Web... all synced.

One of the very few Verizon apps I use.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I go back and forth. I've had the iPhone 7 plus ever since the note 7 issues. I also have the mate 9, moto z play and had the s8 plus, the lg g6 and v20. I liked the G6 the best and only returned it out of spite because of a price drop at tmobile and they wouldn't honor the price. I enjoy both platforms, each has strong points and weaknesses. No perfect phone it seems.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I go back and forth but now I think I'm staying Android. At least for a year lol. Apple hasn't made any progress forward in after the release of the 6 plus.
Tell me what other phone can record in 4k at 60fps or HD at 240fps using the latest HVEC/HEIF codec that reduces media file size by 50% without loss of quality. The new iPhones will also be able to use AF tracking and OIS simultaneously at 4k? I think thats progress. My N8 can't even play 4k 60fps YouTube videos without looking like a slide show.

Try watching this video at the highest resolution on your N8. Watch it struggle.

https://youtu.be/tO01J-M3g0U

Last edited:

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Tell me what other phone can record in 4k at 60fps or HD at 240fps using the latest HVEC/HEIF codec that reduces media file size by 50% without loss of quality. The new iPhones will also be able to use AF tracking and OIS simultaneously at 4k? I think thats progress. My N8 can't even play 4k 60fps YouTube videos without looking like a slide show.
I couldn't care less about video

mdoades71

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

Try watching this video at the highest resolution on your N8. Watch it struggle.

Just watched the video using the highest video setting of 1440p60 HDR and noticed no stuttering at all.

Joseph Guy1

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
IPhone is an joke simple as that you fanboys will fight tooth and nail on how iPhone is the best phone, what an joke, just like the iPhone x oh yeah you need to pay other 85 out of pocket for the honor to use fast chargeing

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Just did and mine didn't struggle at all. It was on the highest 1440p/60fps setting and my display was maxed out. It was beautiful to watch on that screen of it!

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
IPhone is an joke simple as that you fanboys will fight tooth and nail on how iPhone is the best phone, what an joke, just like the iPhone x oh yeah you need to pay other 85 out of pocket for the honor to use fast chargeing
I have an N8 so how could I be a fanboy? But I give credit where credit is due.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs