Those who had a Note 7, is there anything you miss that's not on Note 8 ?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't miss anything from the Note7. Touchscreen seems more accurate on the Note8 as well. One of my peeves with my Note7.

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
How do you get the agenda view on the lock screen? I miss that as well from the Note 7

Sure. In Settings>Lock screen and security>Information and FaceWidgets>FaceWidgets.

You have 3 choices to toggle on/off:
1. Music Controller
2. Today's Schedule
3. Next Alarm

On the lock screen you may or may not see scrolling arrows, but you can scroll left/right between the default clock on the lock screen and the FaceWidgets you choose.

Enjoy!

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I miss the brushed silver, I loved it! I bought the N8 in orchid gray but it's just ok. The color is too flat, like wall paint meh. Definitely, not as nice as the orchid gray S8+

Old g

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
You noticed that to . Thought it would be the same color to ....not why girlfriend gas the gray s8 an there not the same

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Not a Note 8 owner yet, but I don't like that Samsung removed the home button and moved the FPS to the back.

The home button was one of the reasons I bought Samsung and part of the reason I've kept my S7 so long.
The home button is still in the same location. It's just virtual now. The fps sensor placement is way overblown. I Have medium hands and have absolutely no problem using it. You have to adjust your grip, but it's not a major issue at all.

IbeSasha

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Even though the FPS is in a bad location it seems to work for me very well with only my left index finger registered. It never fails to open when I stick that one finger back there. Now the iPhone 6s that had the fingerprint button on the front was dicey. I had four different fingers registerd on that phone and half the time it never recongnized any of them.

Anyhow, other than the rich coral blue of the note 7 which I preferred I can't think of anything really lacking on the new Note 8. It's big, yes, but it still seems to be easy to hold for me. I had been thinking about getting an iPad off and on over the years and never got one but with the size of this phone I think I can be happy using it instead. So I save money on another device and I save money on paying for another data plan with the king sized Note 8. I haven't even tried split screen yet but I know I will love it when I do. Heck, I really like the pages tabs to flick between screens I have recently visited that you get on this phone. Try doing that with an iPhone, lol.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Not a Note 8 owner yet, but I don't like that Samsung removed the home button and moved the FPS to the back.

The home button was one of the reasons I bought Samsung and part of the reason I've kept my S7 so long.
I thought I would hate not having a physical home button. Now after almost 3 weeks in I don't miss it at all. I much prefer the screen screen size. As for the finger print sensor location I don't understand the complaints. Location seems fine to me.

I wish the phone was a little wider. Also, the curve seems completely useless.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Aren't there a lot of Ultra thin skin like cases you can get in the desired colors? Just a thought. I love my Note 8. The Note 7 I had the 2nd time around was that beautiful blue. Went with black on the Note 8.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair