09-24-2017 07:04 PM
35 12
tools
    I was curious from anyone who had Note 7 and has Note 8 now, is there anything you miss from the Note 7 ?

I thought I'd miss the old screen ratio and not adjust to the N8 screen, but I really like it after having the phone a few days.

One big letdown for me going into N8 was only two colors available and whichever color not wrapping around to the front. That still disappoints me, both limited colors and not showing on the front, but I've gotten used to it. This is actually the first all black phone I've had, it's done well with the N8.
    09-22-2017 02:06 PM
    I actually fell in love with coral blue, but once I started using it in a regular basis I hardly ever looked at the phone for its color.

One thing that was nice was the separate edge display option for nighttime use. Its merged into the regular AOD display now and it not the same. But I think it is possible to set up a Bixby shortcut to make do.
    09-22-2017 02:16 PM
    No. I LOVE this phone. Very happy with the 8.
    jimd1050 and Scford718 like this.
    09-22-2017 02:27 PM
    If this Note 8 was coral blue, I'd be in heaven. And yes, I use a clear case so I can see the device so that matters to me. But I like this gray color too. Not as much, but it's nice. Everything else is great. The only problems I have are specific to apps or keyboards and not the phone or it's UI.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-22-2017 03:27 PM
    Not a Note 8 owner yet, but I don't like that Samsung removed the home button and moved the FPS to the back.

The home button was one of the reasons I bought Samsung and part of the reason I've kept my S7 so long.
    09-22-2017 03:59 PM
    I miss having the agenda view in AOD, but the N8 offers a way to see it in the lock screen, so no big deal.

Overall, this phone takes away the Note 7 sting. It's a great device in my opinion!
    Idelgado782 and Scford718 like this.
    09-22-2017 04:09 PM
    Not a Note 8 owner yet, but I don't like that Samsung removed the home button and moved the FPS to the back.

The home button was one of the reasons I bought Samsung and part of the reason I've kept my S7 so long.
    I am happy to see the clicky home button gone. Hate the FPS location though. I just dont hold or use my phone in a way that makes that placement useful. And in many instances, it's simply impossible to use it.
    09-22-2017 05:00 PM
    I love my Note 8, but just something about the Note 7 I enjoyed a tiny bit more. I like how the Note 7 fitted in my hand so nicely.

I have a Defender on my Note 8 and I like the feel of it, but I think Note 7 was still King for me.
    Idelgado782 likes this.
    09-22-2017 05:41 PM
    I actually fell in love with coral blue, but once I started using it in a regular basis I hardly ever looked at the phone for its color.

One thing that was nice was the separate edge display option for nighttime use. Its merged into the regular AOD display now and it not the same. But I think it is possible to set up a Bixby shortcut to make do.
    Yeah I had the coral blue also, loved it and had the clear case. Didn't see much point holding out on the N8 as much since whichever color you pick, still black on front. I'll still wish I had coral blue though once it's released in US heh.
    09-22-2017 05:44 PM

The S7 is easy to use and carry ,this N8 is a boat but incredible nice ,FPS placement is horrendous and im being nice.
    There are good factors in a note you dont get with anything else ,the N7 was perfect
    09-22-2017 05:45 PM

I hate the FPS also, hard to imagine Samsung putting it in such an awkward place. With all the research they do, and still decide to put right next to the lenses. As far as the home button, I was worried I'd miss it too. However you can make the virtual home button always be shown, responsiveness is great, I haven't missed a beat and can't say I miss the physical front home button now, other than it also being the FPS which would have been on the front.
    09-22-2017 05:49 PM
    The only thing I can think of after one week of use that I miss about my Note 7s is the anxiety of not knowing if they were going to catch fire while I was sleeping!
    Those who had a Note 7, is there anything you miss that's not on Note 8 ?-laughing.jpg
    Hey, someone was going to say it sooner or later so I DID IT! Just kidding of course because my Replacement Note 7 NEVER even got warm in the time I had it, so giving it up hurt all that much more!

I have been rocking this Note 8 all day, every day and have not found a thing yet that I don't like so... Samsung - GREAT JOB Folks!
    09-22-2017 05:50 PM
    I miss having the agenda view in AOD, but the N8 offers a way to see it in the lock screen, so no big deal.

Overall, this phone takes away the Note 7 sting. It's a great device in my opinion!
    How do you get the agenda view on the lock screen? I miss that as well from the Note 7
    09-22-2017 06:16 PM
    I miss the feeling of getting my first rounded edge display. The N8 is better than the N7 but I didn't have the same excitement when I got it.
    09-22-2017 06:20 PM
    I miss the feel of it in my hand. wasn't like holding a phone/device. like it belonged there. very different w/N8. top heavy for me.
    09-22-2017 06:25 PM
    The only thing I can think of after one week of use that I miss about my Note 7s is the anxiety of not knowing if they were going to catch fire while I was sleeping!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laughing.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	269304
    Hey, someone was going to say it sooner or later so I DID IT! Just kidding of course because my Replacement Note 7 NEVER even got warm in the time I had it, so giving it up hurt all that much more!

I have been rocking this Note 8 all day, every day and have not found a thing yet that I don't like so... Samsung - GREAT JOB Folks!
    Losing sleep for that reason is the only reason I got rid of the old N7
    09-22-2017 06:39 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laughing.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	269304

Lol wouldn't expect anything less from you Jim that why I like you.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-22-2017 06:43 PM
    I absolutely love my note8. Nothing for me to complain about. Really the only thing I miss about the note7 that I can remember lol is the blue coral color. Still wished we had a blue option in the US but it's ok this black is beautiful. If I want blue I throw my case on it. My fiance says I'll get the blue if they bring it to the US later. But I say I won't. I'll just wait to see of the note9 has a blue option. Lol.
    09-22-2017 06:48 PM

It still has a home "button", is just not physical. It works the same though. I love where the FPS is. I'm a female and if I hold it in my righy hand, my finger reaches it nicely.
    09-22-2017 08:31 PM
    I was curious from anyone who had Note 7 and has Note 8 now, is there anything you miss from the Note 7 ?

I thought I'd miss the old screen ratio and not adjust to the N8 screen, but I really like it after having the phone a few days.

One big letdown for me going into N8 was only two colors available and whichever color not wrapping around to the front. That still disappoints me, both limited colors and not showing on the front, but I've gotten used to it. This is actually the first all black phone I've had, it's done well with the N8.
    Absolutely agree. I though I would hate the tall/long screen but I like it on the Note. I also hate that there is only 2 colors. I would have bought Coral Blue if they had it.
    Jewels81 and jimd1050 like this.
    09-22-2017 11:48 PM
    Losing sleep for that reason is the only reason I got rid of the old N7
    Those who had a Note 7, is there anything you miss that's not on Note 8 ?-laughing.jpg = I'm kidding!
    09-23-2017 12:10 AM
    I don't miss anything from the Note7. Touchscreen seems more accurate on the Note8 as well. One of my peeves with my Note7.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-23-2017 08:33 AM
    How do you get the agenda view on the lock screen? I miss that as well from the Note 7
    Sure. In Settings>Lock screen and security>Information and FaceWidgets>FaceWidgets.

You have 3 choices to toggle on/off:
    1. Music Controller
    2. Today's Schedule
    3. Next Alarm

On the lock screen you may or may not see scrolling arrows, but you can scroll left/right between the default clock on the lock screen and the FaceWidgets you choose.

Enjoy!
    Idelgado782 likes this.
    09-23-2017 08:52 AM
    A decent color
    michellebjohn and Honey_184 like this.
    09-23-2017 05:06 PM
    I miss Coral Blue, but I'm liking the Orchid Gray
    09-23-2017 07:09 PM
35 12