Pen falls out easily...

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I change my mine about recommending a case to keep the S Pen in. I tested my phone in my OtterBox case by dropping my phone about a foot onto the carpeted floor and the S Pen still popped out. I tested it twice and the pen popped out both times.

Not sure there is a way to keep the S Pen in this phone in that situation. The same thing would happen to my Note 5 all the time.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I change my mine about recommending a case to keep the S Pen in. I tested my phone in my OtterBox case by dropping my phone about a foot onto the carpeted floor and the S Pen still popped out. I tested it twice and the pen popped out both times.

Not sure there is a way to keep the S Pen in this phone in that situation. The same thing would happen to my Note 5 all the time.

Yelp and my note 5 spen broke when it fell and hit coffee table and spen popped out and phone landed on it on floor snapping it in half. The bottom half was still inside phone. Had to get it out and buy another one

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yelp and my note 5 spen broke when it fell and hit coffee table and spen popped out and phone landed on it on floor snapping it in half. The bottom half was still inside phone. Had to get it out and buy another one

I had the same thing happen with my Note 5 except all of the pen popped out the pen broke when it went flying out of the phone. I was able to replace the pen easily enough but these pens pop out entirely too easy. My cases always protect my phone, it's why I buy OtterBox, even in a bad accident this past summer, my phone was undamaged but the S Pen popped out again.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I had the same thing happen with my Note 5 except all of the pen popped out the pen broke when it went flying out of the phone. I was able to replace the pen easily enough but these pens pop out entirely too easy. My cases always protect my phone, it's why I buy OtterBox, even in a bad accident this past summer, my phone was undamaged but the S Pen popped out again.

I know. It's scary watching your phone fall period. It's good to know that the phone would be good afterwards but be better to feel the same about the spen. I know cases make the cutout for the spen for easy access but sometimes I wish I had a case that has a little cover that I can just open and close to get spen out. Maybe a note in the future will have it where the spen not as easy to pop out. We'll see tho.

MakeMeUp

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I know when I first opened the box to take my note8 out, the spen was popped out already. I was like oh crap, bad spen out of the box lol. But took it out popped it back in and it's been doing what it's supposed to do. The other day I was taking off my case to put another one on and the way I took off case it pressed against the spen and popped it out some. But no big deal. I always got this fear of breaking my spen ever since I did on my note 5 lol.

The exact same thing happened to me when I opened my Note, the s pen was popped out, but after popping it back in I haven't had any problems.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
The exact same thing happened to me when I opened my Note, the s pen was popped out, but after popping it back in I haven't had any problems.

Yeah it probably popped out during the shipping process. At least I know my note7 spen will work with the note8 to where I can use it til I get replacement if I ever did break it:)

anon(9691750)

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I was excited there for a moment. Note phones are the red headed step children in the premium case world. I've always wanted a LifeProof for my Notes but they never make one.
And it's sad because it's Samsung. Samsung sells a lot wether it's notes or s phones. You would think that there's a LifeProof case for the note 8.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Phone dropped off my lap to the concrete today. It was in that ipulse wallet case and no damage. The case stayed closed, but the Spen did loosen. It didn't come all the way out though.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Tht otterbox looks nice. I may have to get one now. Which Otterbox is that?

It's the OtterBox Defender. It's a thick case but the function of any case is to protect the phone. I have no doubt it will do that with my Note 8 as the defender case did with my Note 5. It came with a belt clip just in case anyone still uses those.

20170924_151425.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It's the OtterBox Defender. It's a thick case but the function of any case is to protect the phone. I have no doubt it will do that with my Note 8 as the defender case did with my Note 5. It came with a belt clip just in case anyone still uses those.

View attachment 269463
I have this case and really like it. I go between this one mainly, and a thinner Caseology clear case with black border

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So are you saying that the pen is simply falling out of the sylo just from taking it out of your pocket without any sort of knocking on the phone to pop it out? Because many seem to be posting about how the pen will fall out if the phone gets banged a little too hard. If that’s the case I would imagine there’s something wrong with the sylo not grabbing onto the pen at those two notches near the tip hard enough.

This is my 4th version of the Note line, and I love this phone like you wouldn't believe! I've had the pen fall out 4 times now "falling" a short distance. I'm talking about a foot from the couch to the carpet falling out of my pocket. Anyone else notice this at all?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just now I noticed my S Pen had popped out of my phone sometime between yesterday and today. The phone have been dropped or even taken out of the house as I used my S7 Edge all day yesterday. It pops out way to easy. I doubt that it will ever really slip out entirely though.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Back on the title pen falls out easily, when I parked at a store this evening, I scooted the car up in my spot, another car was parked facing me, a grocery cart between the two cars. I had just barely bumped the cart and it started to move, so quick put mine in park and jumped out of the car to grab the cart so it wouldn't bump the other car (it was barely moving, but still...lol).

In the process I had dropped my Note 8 on the parklot next to the driver door. No issues at all no damage etc, but the s pen did pop out about a 3rd of the way. Also, had a Caseology clear case black border on it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just now I noticed my S Pen had popped out of my phone sometime between yesterday and today. The phone have been dropped or even taken out of the house as I used my S7 Edge all day yesterday. It pops out way to easy. I doubt that it will ever really slip out entirely though.
So are you s penless?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So are you s penless?
Not all all. It just popped out a little just as it does when you push it in to get it to release. It's going to be something that I have to watch out for from now on. $20-25 for a replacement pen isn't something I want to have to do so soon. I had to buy a replacement for my Note 5 about a year ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis