09-25-2017 01:57 PM
42 12
tools
    This is my 4th version of the Note line, and I love this phone like you wouldn't believe! I've had the pen fall out 4 times now "falling" a short distance. I'm talking about a foot from the couch to the carpet falling out of my pocket. Anyone else notice this at all?
    09-22-2017 05:25 PM
    I have to make sure I "click" it into place after I use it. Especially with my case on it. I thought I was pushing it into place and realized it was not all the way inserted.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-22-2017 05:29 PM
    Haven't experienced this issue with my N8. I don't even think about it just pop it back in and I good.
    smooches680 and smooth4lyfe like this.
    09-22-2017 05:36 PM
    fell off the coffee table onto a rug. Pen came out. This was the first time I dropped it. I didnt even have a case yet.
    09-22-2017 05:40 PM
    fell off the coffee table onto a rug. Pen came out. This was the first time I dropped it. I didnt even have a case yet.
    Every note I've had, the s pen easily pops out when dropped.
    jlost likes this.
    09-22-2017 06:08 PM
    Nope, if anything there is some resistance when I go to withdraw the S pen.
    larry1014, Tsepz_GP and jb4kats like this.
    09-22-2017 06:10 PM
    This is my 4th version of the Note line, and I love this phone like you wouldn't believe! I've had the pen fall out 4 times now "falling" a short distance. I'm talking about a foot from the couch to the carpet falling out of my pocket. Anyone else notice this at all?
    Mine doesn't fall out. Are you making sure it sets in and clicks
    09-22-2017 07:16 PM
    For me this Pen is the most stable yet, pops in and clicks into place, no hint of it coming loose.
    amyf27 and Katrina White1 like this.
    09-22-2017 07:54 PM
    Also depending on the case you have You may need to press it a little further to here that click so it's locked in
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    09-22-2017 07:59 PM
    No issues
    09-22-2017 09:20 PM
    I know when I first opened the box to take my note8 out, the spen was popped out already. I was like oh crap, bad spen out of the box lol. But took it out popped it back in and it's been doing what it's supposed to do. The other day I was taking off my case to put another one on and the way I took off case it pressed against the spen and popped it out some. But no big deal. I always got this fear of breaking my spen ever since I did on my note 5 lol.
    MakeMeUp likes this.
    09-22-2017 10:59 PM
    Mine is hard to pull out.
    09-22-2017 11:43 PM
    I know when I first opened the box to take my note8 out, the spen was popped out already. I was like oh crap, bad spen out of the box lol. But took it out popped it back in and it's been doing what it's supposed to do. The other day I was taking off my case to put another one on and the way I took off case it pressed against the spen and popped it out some. But no big deal. I always got this fear of breaking my spen ever since I did on my note 5 lol.
    That just proves Fed ex throws the boxes around, popped your s pen out. Lol
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-22-2017 11:45 PM
    That just proves Fed ex throws the boxes around, popped your s pen out. Lol
    Lmao most likely. I'm sitting here imagining them doing it too. Gosh that is a horrible thought. Lol
    09-22-2017 11:52 PM
    Put a case on the phone and this should stop the pen from popping out. I have an OtterBox case on mine but all you really need is something that will prevent the pen from pushing in as you do when you want to use it. Here's my phone.

Pen falls out easily...-20170923_030602.jpg
    09-23-2017 05:08 AM
    Are you ensuring that the pen is clicked in when you put it back in the phone? I find that even when I click to take it out there is resistance when pulling it, it seems very secure on mine.

Nope, if anything there is some resistance when I go to withdraw the S pen.
    Yep, exactly. Same here.
    09-23-2017 05:56 AM
    I know one guy said to use a case. I'm gonna take that one step further and say by a LifeProof fre case. I know it's more expensive, but LifeProof covers every part of the phone.
    09-23-2017 10:11 AM
    It's already been said but the pen is not in the phone till it clicks.
    09-23-2017 11:31 AM
    I know one guy said to use a case. I'm gonna take that one step further and say by a LifeProof fre case. I know it's more expensive, but LifeProof covers every part of the phone.
    LifeProof makes a Note 8 case? I don't think that they have ever made a case for the Note line. But I could be wrong.....
    09-23-2017 11:40 AM
    LifeProof makes a Note 8 case? I don't think that they have ever made a case for the Note line. But I could be wrong.....
    I would assume so. They usually make cases for most flagships. Let me check.
    09-23-2017 11:42 AM
    You're right. I thought they did. 😔
    09-23-2017 11:43 AM
    I change my mine about recommending a case to keep the S Pen in. I tested my phone in my OtterBox case by dropping my phone about a foot onto the carpeted floor and the S Pen still popped out. I tested it twice and the pen popped out both times.

Not sure there is a way to keep the S Pen in this phone in that situation. The same thing would happen to my Note 5 all the time.
    09-23-2017 11:46 AM
    I change my mine about recommending a case to keep the S Pen in. I tested my phone in my OtterBox case by dropping my phone about a foot onto the carpeted floor and the S Pen still popped out. I tested it twice and the pen popped out both times.

Not sure there is a way to keep the S Pen in this phone in that situation. The same thing would happen to my Note 5 all the time.
    Yelp and my note 5 spen broke when it fell and hit coffee table and spen popped out and phone landed on it on floor snapping it in half. The bottom half was still inside phone. Had to get it out and buy another one
    09-23-2017 11:49 AM
    Yelp and my note 5 spen broke when it fell and hit coffee table and spen popped out and phone landed on it on floor snapping it in half. The bottom half was still inside phone. Had to get it out and buy another one
    I had the same thing happen with my Note 5 except all of the pen popped out the pen broke when it went flying out of the phone. I was able to replace the pen easily enough but these pens pop out entirely too easy. My cases always protect my phone, it's why I buy OtterBox, even in a bad accident this past summer, my phone was undamaged but the S Pen popped out again.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-23-2017 11:52 AM
    I had the same thing happen with my Note 5 except all of the pen popped out the pen broke when it went flying out of the phone. I was able to replace the pen easily enough but these pens pop out entirely too easy. My cases always protect my phone, it's why I buy OtterBox, even in a bad accident this past summer, my phone was undamaged but the S Pen popped out again.
    I know. It's scary watching your phone fall period. It's good to know that the phone would be good afterwards but be better to feel the same about the spen. I know cases make the cutout for the spen for easy access but sometimes I wish I had a case that has a little cover that I can just open and close to get spen out. Maybe a note in the future will have it where the spen not as easy to pop out. We'll see tho.
    09-23-2017 12:07 PM
42 12