11-03-2017 11:47 AM
39 12
tools
    I was excited that the Note 8 came with what were advertised as being fairly good earbuds. Back in "the day", AKG was a reasonably well-respected manufacturer of transducers, but I have to say that I don't care for these earphones at all.
    09-24-2017 01:44 AM
    So far I think they sound like a tin can, not good
    09-24-2017 01:54 AM
    They sound alright to me. But since I don't care for wired headphones I use my Bluetooth headphones. These akg along with every other wired headset I've got with a phone will be used as backups.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-24-2017 02:04 AM
    Yes. "Tinny" is the word I would use for their sound.

Part of it, for me, is that no matter which of the supplied ear canal adapters (buds?) I tried, I cannot get a good seal into my ear canals.

If I press them inwards, moving them around to try to get the best seal and "aim", I can get some bass, but they still seem equalized in a very bizarre way. Not natural or flat for me.

I did try a pair of fairly decent over the head headphones, and the N8's amp just doesn't have enough power to drive them to a reasonable listening level. They're not that inefficient, but not what the phone was designed to drive, obviously.

I'll have to try a set of old Shure earbuds I've got rolling around someplace. They might be the answer for me. They fit my ears well, make a good seal, and sound nice and flat to my ears.
    09-24-2017 02:04 AM
    I was excited that the Note 8 came with what were advertised as being fairly good earbuds. Back in "the day", AKG was a reasonably well-respected manufacturer of transducers, but I have to say that I don't care for these earphones at all.
    using my Sennheiser 380 pro for travel and the supplied AKG for local work commute netflix and music. through Player pro application stands fine but I'm using eq.
    Attached Thumbnails Earbuds that came with the Note 8-18686.jpg  
    09-24-2017 04:18 AM
    I mainly use Monster Turbines In-ear and affix memory foam type buds that mould to my ear canal. It’s worth the small outlay for a pack of 3.

Other than that Apple Ear Pods fit my ears fine and the listening experience is Ok.
    09-24-2017 04:46 AM
    I agree they sound very cheap..tinney for sure.
    iontrap likes this.
    09-24-2017 04:59 AM
    When I used them, I thought the person I was talking to had headset problems. Come to find out that mine were defective. They would cut the volume in half from the phone. I tested this with 4 other sets of headsets that I have the stock headsets muted the sound by half.
    I contacted Samsung via chat and they agreed to replace them with no problem. Emailed a mailing label and they're going back tomorrow.(Monday)
    I purchased the phone from Best Buy and their solution was to replace the entire phone! No thanks, I have it customized like I want it and it's just asinine not to replace just the headset. Anyway, problem solved.
    09-24-2017 04:59 AM
    I only ever use headphones when I run. These replaced the ones I have been using, that came with my Galaxy S3. I'm by no means a headphone connoisseur, but they sound fine to me
    ajb1965 and LegalAmerican like this.
    09-24-2017 06:36 AM
    I'm thinking they are terrible and I mean really terrible ....the ones from my s7 edge were way better.....

UPDATE
    By listening to a members tip I changed the size of the buds and wow the difference is amazing.. Try
    09-24-2017 06:39 AM
    I got some Comply memory foam tips and that did the trick. Using the tips supplied the headphones kept falling out. And if they don't fit well they won't Sound good.
    09-24-2017 06:46 AM
    I don't know why all the disappointment here, I think they sound a thousand times better than the ones we used to get from Samsung. Maybe I just have the right sized ear canal for the tips. I get decent bass response and the highs are clear even and super high volume. And the best part, is they are free
    09-24-2017 11:09 AM
    It would be a poor choice for Samsung (or the carriers) to include good earphones, and thereby make all their customers pay for them. Audiophile customers often already have good earphones, and other customers may not even notice the difference. The phones should either come without earphones, or else have earphones that cost almost nothing, which therefore won't be among the better ones.
    09-24-2017 11:16 AM
    I think they sound just fine if you get a proper seal. I do have other very expensive headphones and for a pair of free earbuds I am not complaining.
    09-24-2017 11:25 AM
    I think they sound just fine if you get a proper seal. I do have other very expensive headphones and for a pair of free earbuds I am not complaining.
    I agree with this...I actually really like mine ..they sound good and when I talk to people on them it's very clear and there are no complaints. I am happy with them and especially since they were free ...will continue use until they give out.
    kj11 likes this.
    09-24-2017 12:43 PM
    The ones from my S7Edge are better.
    magichoward likes this.
    09-24-2017 05:22 PM
    They sound alright to me. But since I don't care for wired headphones I use my Bluetooth headphones. These akg along with every other wired headset I've got with a phone will be used as backups.
    What bluetooth headphones do you use and any others you might suggest? I don't like anything wired either and I have a pair of LG Tone 750's and they are better than wired but I 'd really like to get a good wireless set.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-24-2017 06:03 PM
    What bluetooth headphones do you use and any others you might suggest? I don't like anything wired either and I have a pair of LG Tone 750's and they are better than wired but I 'd really like to get a good wireless set.
    I have these LG tone Bluetooth. Not sure which one they are but they work great for me. I like these b&o wired headphones that I got free with one of my phones. I'm not sure which one. Think it was with my LG V20. I like them better than the AKG ones. But I haven't really experimented with wired since I tried my bluetooth and been satisfied with them.
    Attached Thumbnails Earbuds that came with the Note 8-20170924_180952.jpg  
    09-24-2017 06:15 PM
    I have these LG tone Bluetooth. Not sure which one they are but they work great for me. I like these b&o wired headphones that I got free with one of my phones. I'm not sure which one. Think it was with my LG V20. I like them better than the AKG ones. But I haven't really experimented with wired since I tried my bluetooth and been satisfied with them.
    That's what I have.... And I think the B&O came with the 7 Edge or the Note7.
    09-24-2017 09:36 PM
    I don't remember them with note7. As I got sd card and vr with that and I never had the s7e. Who knows. Hope you find one you like. Sorry I wasn't much help. I always just used the wired ones that came with phones til I got my Bluetooth. I love it. Plus my fav color blue lol
    09-24-2017 09:40 PM
    the Earbuds that came with the Note 7 and S7 Edge came in a little hard plastic case. Nice and classy.

Didn't have any of this with the Note 8. I was kind of disappointed.
    09-24-2017 09:49 PM
    B&O's came with the LG V20. I have some of those too (I get a lot of free stuff with Jump on Demand lol)
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-24-2017 10:18 PM
    They sound tinny but a little fiddling with the equalizer provides a little more bass. They are what they are. I have a better pair I use off and on but these are good for audio books and podcasts. The better pair I have are better for music.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-25-2017 06:29 AM
    They aren’t actually AKG buds.

They’re tuned by AKG but aren’t actually made by them
    09-25-2017 12:40 PM
    The ones from my S7Edge are better.
    I compared my S7E ones to the N8 ones this morning for a while. Both sounded fine to me, no real noticeable difference to me.
    09-25-2017 01:22 PM
39 12