Considering remvoing my screen protector

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
So I have tried numerous tempered glass screen protectors and ALL end up with debris along the edges that annoys the heck out of me. I am considering just going without a screen protector. Good or bad idea?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I was fine with going without a screen protector on my note 5 but not on my note8 with the curved edge. It's all up to you and your preference but for me screen protector is a must:)

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Depending on how you are with your phone. I never use them, always have a pocket with nothing else in it or a separate space in your bag. Just don't put other stuff with it where you have it.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I once dropped an LG G3 face down, and the screen protector shattered but the screen didn't. And I banged the Pixel xl I just traded for the Note against something while trying to get it away from tiny hands. and the screen protector got a scratch but the phone didn't. I'd say if you have small children around or are clumsy, have hand problems, etc that the screen protector is a good idea. But that seems like a personal choice and each to their own.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
The glass varieties can present issues.

I use the Official Samsung Film style screen protector on my s8.

Personally I wouldn’t want to go without some form of this type of protection due to any scratches etc affecting the resale value and to be frank if I managed to acquire some form of mark on my screen I’d be forever drawn to it.

ahiqar

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
It would be great, but I'm too nervous. Personally I'd go without a case before I went without a screen protector.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Personally my bodyguardz glass works great no dust buildup at all. As far as going naked no not worth the deductible I would have to pay to get it replaced.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm torn only because I'm not sure how they will adhere to the Note 8 curved screen. My son (age 14) and I have Note 8's arriving tomorrow. I have had BodyGaurdz on my previous phones and enjoyed them. Wife, son and me have all broken them too, thus I really can't see NOT having one as those breaks would have definitely damaged or broken the screens.

Currently I do not have one on my Note 5 as at some point it began to bubble or lift up since my phone is bent by like 1mm due to sitting on it several times :-\ Oh well.

The case I bought my son comes with a glass protector but I may hold off on using that one and instead have the AT&T Store put a couple Bodygaurdz on ours. Just not worth the risk on such expensive phones. It's not the end of the world as I've had two screens replaced on iPhones and the cost was like $60 each time. Almost the same price as a glass guard.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. I’m usually really good with my phones and never really scratched a screen... but I’d go nuts if I had one in first year and things happen beyond your control so I usually use a screen first year and then second year I’m less concerned and usually take it off and nothing usually happens for next year. I still use case though. It’s really up to the persons OCD levels.

Depending on how you are with your phone. I never use them, always have a pocket with nothing else in it or a separate space in your bag. Just don't put other stuff with it where you have it.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
So I have tried numerous tempered glass screen protectors and ALL end up with debris along the edges that annoys the heck out of me. I am considering just going without a screen protector. Good or bad idea?
I did remove my tempered glass screen protector. It was awful. I went with a film from zagg. It's amazing. Just be careful about the 1st 24hours or so and after that it's on there for good.

Amazon has spigen film. 2 for $10

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Well I removed it as I was getting VERY annoyed with the debris on the edges. I must say....I am VERY glad I did. Man is it a joy to use this screen with nothing on it. It looks AMAZING!

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
The glass varieties can present issues.

I use the Official Samsung Film style screen protector on my s8.

Personally I wouldn’t want to go without some form of this type of protection due to any scratches etc affecting the resale value and to be frank if I managed to acquire some form of mark on my screen I’d be forever drawn to it.
That's my preference too but samsung hasn't offered these for sale as of last time I checked last week??

ChuckLIII

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I had the Verizon tempered glass protyector on my Note 8, and I didn't have any problems until the phone had had it on for about two weeks. Then the sensitivity was falling off, and the screen started making small clicking noises when I tapped it, which told me that the protector was lifting off the screen. So I took it off, and it's like a different phone. It is very sensitive to touch, but I feel like I have to have some sort of protection on the screen. I've been reading about the Dome, but all the reviews I've read say it doesn't work well with the Otterbox Defender. So I'm not sure what to do. I've never dropped a phone (jinxing myself here), and I've never scratched a screen, but there's always a first time.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
The BodyGuardz ES line is coming soon to Note 8. It removes the dot matrix and adheres better on the curve so it will not pop off.

Pure Arc ES for Samsung Galaxy uses a proprietary adhesive technology for full-screen coverage. The glass is extra secure and will not pop off with every day use. Full-screen adhesive also preserves precise touch sensitivity, plus the micro-dot matrix has been removed. Pure Arc ES is the industry's first curved, tempered glass to use adhesive on the entire screen. We are proud to offer the most advanced protection for curved screen devices.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...protectors-tempered-glass.html&token=ws_peFS0

Last edited:

donas2000

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Went without a screen protector for the first two weeks; I now have scratches all over the screen. Some are deep enough to feel when using the s-pen. I use the s-view case and have been very careful with the phone. The screen on these scratch very easily.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Went without a screen protector for the first two weeks; I now have scratches all over the screen. Some are deep enough to feel when using the s-pen. I use the s-view case and have been very careful with the phone. The screen on these scratch very easily.
No screen protector here, it will be 3 weeks Tuesday, not a scratch...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz